• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Let's start chatting about the 2017 Assault Switchback

The other thing they did for 17 is putting the switch up on the bar controls for switching through the different screens.

On the 16 it was kinda dumb down by the gas cap. It was easier just to push the buttons on the gps itself

7cfe894443f7161ffab5cb05bc205a59.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the rush skid lenn. It's not that. It's the calibration of shocks from factory that applies to everyone. It doesn't work for everyone.
Get the shocks recalibrated and rebuild and the skid works amazing. How do I know??
I've done it and rode others that have too.

Let's not bash the rush skid and focus on the assault OK.

I've got a jaws pipe going on right away Div20

Ordered an Assault black, 4 year warranty, low windshield with hand guards. As for my 2015 Rush I installed rear spring rated to 280 pounds and a front Pro X track shock spring. Difference in ride was night and day. Div20

Anyone know the center to center on the clutches? Is it the same as the rmk or is it like the rush/switchback?
Would like to make a new sub forum but don't want tech info to get messed up.

Anyone know the center to center on the clutches? Is it the same as the rmk or is it like the rush/switchback?
Would like to make a new sub forum but don't want tech info to get messed up.
It's like the rush switchback bud
7.063" chaincase

Not bashing here Brock. Just brought it up because my MAIN reason for going to the Assault is the difference in rear skids. My main reason to purchase the '16 LE was the shock package...then we get 3 great shocks and one crap shock. Big disappointment. Ever drive the R-Motion? It works great right out of the box...no revalving needed. (I've owned a couple) Now that Polaris is offering this new rear skid, I'm jumping at the opportunity to buy one. Enough about that.
I'm also going to be installing my BMP pipe and Bullydog tuner from my Rush on the Assault. I'll be watching your threads on clutching, any thoughts on what you will start with there? Any idea what gearing will be in this new Assault?
Lenn I believe that the gearing with the Cobra track is 1.74.

I know what I'm gonna say might not get good reviews,but here goes....

I have an 17 assault coming with the cobra. Since most of my riding is trails, hard pack,lakes and racing. Probably about 90% and maybe around 10% off trail. I test tune and race a lot.

So.........

I'm thinking of swapping out my cobra for a 14"X144"X1" hack saw. It's 6 lbs lighter then the cobra. Plus, when I stud it, the studs will be shorter and less weight vs studs in cobra. 144 studs add about 10 lbs.
So, I can have a hack saw that's about 48 lbs with studs or a cobra that's 54 lbs with studs.

I have used hack saw tracks in the past and great results with way better speed vs cobra and ripsaw. About 3-5 mph is that I seen on radar gun. Of course it won't be good in powder,but I'll kick Ass on groomed trails,hard pack and lakes.
Just a suggestion Div20

I know what I'm gonna say might not get good reviews,but here goes....

I have an 17 assault coming with the cobra. Since most of my riding is trails, hard pack,lakes and racing. Probably about 90% and maybe around 10% off trail. I test tune and race a lot.

So.........

I'm thinking of swapping out my cobra for a 14"X144"X1" hack saw. It's 6 lbs lighter then the cobra. Plus, when I stud it, the studs will be shorter and less weight vs studs in cobra. 144 studs add about 10 lbs.
So, I can have a hack saw that's about 48 lbs with studs or a cobra that's 54 lbs with studs.

I have used hack saw tracks in the past and great results with way better speed vs cobra and ripsaw. About 3-5 mph is that I seen on radar gun. Of course it won't be good in powder,but I'll kick Ass on groomed trails,hard pack and lakes.
Just a suggestion Div20
I had a 1 inch Hacksaw track on my 2011 Rush and my nephew had the same track on his 2012 Rush, both 800s. It's definitely a faster track than the production track. Div20 But oh so sucks in loose snow. Notworthy Depends on how you like your sled set up for the conditions that you ride in.

I had a 1 inch Hacksaw track on my 2011 Rush and my nephew had the same track on his 2012 Rush, both 800s. It's definitely a faster track than the production track. Div20 But oh so sucks in loose snow. Notworthy Depends on how you like your sled set up for the conditions that you ride in.
Ya, but you guys don't stud either Ed. Huge difference!!!!!
I plan on mixing some chisels in with triggers or hornets. So, it will hook.
Just not in deep snow

I snow checked the all black 800 ES, Cobra 1.35 track, Mid black w/s, the standard gauge & 4 year warranty . I got a deal on a new IDD and installation kit for less than adding with the snow check.

I got to ride these new Assaults back in February with Polaris in Rangeley Maine. They are awesome handling and riding. Almost felt like I was on my Pro-S except it never bottomed out.
2017 Assault 144 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 2017 Assault 144 (3).jpg
    2017 Assault 144 (3).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,176
Hey Guys. I have a couple of questions on the 17 SBA. Never had a track over the 137 Axys Pro-S
Do you think the 600 will pull this chassis okey compared to say the Axys Pro-S S/B
Second with the low snow conditions will this be a problem for running hot.

Hey Guys. I have a couple of questions on the 17 SBA. Never had a track over the 137 Axys Pro-S
Do you think the 600 will pull this chassis okey compared to say the Axys Pro-S S/B
I rode one in 2014 and it really surprised me as to how well it went in deep snow. It was pretty fast also.

I rode a '17 Assault SP 600 it was pretty snappy but coming off an 800 it wasn't for me. Just didn't have that top end pull. The '17 has a big cooler in the front of the tunnel like the Pro-S and has coolers running the full length of the tunnel. Some of the ride we were on the trail was ice. The temps never got out of the 120's. I kept checking thinking it would get hot, never did.
received_10156626294685335.jpeg
Rear Under.JPG

The 144 skid has tipped rails so it makes it feel shorter. I was surprised how well it handled.
Tipped Rails.JPG

Im pumped already. Ordered my personalize license plate yesterday. "AXYS"

Haha

All i need is the sled in 7 months!!! Can come as early as August depending when they build what

I snowchecked one last night. Ordered 1.35 Cobra track, upgraded gauge with GPS, mid height windshield, black and orange.
Hoping it will handle the trails better than my 15 Doo 900 Ace. I know it will be faster!

Time to start this thread going again. I will have an LED light kit available for the Assault. Just need mine to come in 1st so I can finalize the light and where it mounts. Here's what I ran on my '16 Pro R LE. Adds 2400 lumens of light. Makes a big difference. I have more pics available.
2016 Axys.jpg

Back
Top Bottom