• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Let's start chatting about the 2017 Assault Switchback

Time to start this thread going again. I will have an LED light kit available for the Assault. Just need mine to come in 1st so I can finalize the light and where it mounts. Here's what I ran on my '16 Pro R LE. Adds 2400 lumens of light. Makes a big difference.View attachment 1304
Does it make quite a difference Lenn?

The difference is drastic. Nice thing with it being mounted low is the added visibility when the front end of the sled is in the air such as when coming off hill crests or on the throttle. Because it's separately switched, you can leave it on when your sled is not running. Nice feature when you're working on your buddies Cat on the side of the trail...

We're too mean for that!
We don't work on cats.
We just sit back and watch em changing the belt (again) LOL
I gotta admit though, he's pretty good at it!
At least now, he'll have good lighting.

On a serious note, do you have a price point yet? I assume this kit will fit all AXYS based chassis sleds.

LOL....watched my brothers change belts countless times on their turbo cats....they both eventually traded them in for Axys Switchbacks.
Yes, the light will fit all Axys chassis sleds.

The difference is drastic. Nice thing with it being mounted low is the added visibility when the front end of the sled is in the air such as when coming off hill crests or on the throttle. Because it's separately switched, you can leave it on when your sled is not running. Nice feature when you're working on your buddies Cat on the side of the trail...
You can never have too much light. Div20

Lenn How does it wire in? I hate to hack into wire harness somewhere. I don't see a square bumper mounted one on your website? Just the rope style?

Lenn How does it wire in? I hate to hack into wire harness somewhere. I don't see a square bumper mounted one on your website? Just the rope style?
It'd be nice if a wiring harness could be T'd in somewhere to have a nice factory look to it Lenn.

I don't have it up yet because I need to finalize the fitment and installation instructions. (need my sled to do this...should be here soon) I ran this powerful light for 2500 miles last season. Also had a customer test it for me for the season. He was very happy with it.
I have 2 more lights coming for the Axys chassis. This will give you multiple lighting choices. The harness is pre-manufactured and fits nicely. It hooks directly to the battery terminals, has a water proof switch, relay, fuse holder, and is easy to install.

Here's a pic from my display at the NHSA Event that was held here this past weekend. One of the new lights coming for the Axys chassis is mounted on the front of the Indy and the XRS. It's the small round one you see in the pics. The Indy has my original bumper light also.

NHSA Booth.jpg

Looks good and wiring right to battery terminals gives you use at all times( doesn't need to be running)
I think that's what your going for ??

Here's my new sLED installed on my Assault. The kit will retail for $125. Includes complete wiring harness, water proof switch, and LED light with mounting hardware. sLED is 1500 lumens.

Assault LED 2.jpg Assault LED 1.jpg Assault LED 4.jpg

Assault LED 3.jpg
Assault LED 5.jpg

Lenn,

Do you have to disconnect the wiring at the battery to completely remove the hood on this? Also, is it possible to get some pics of how the wiring looks from inside please. Thx.

Lenn,

Do you have to disconnect the wiring at the battery to completely remove the hood on this? Also, is it possible to get some pics of how the wiring looks from inside please. Thx.
No, the wiring harness includes 2 quick connectors so you can remove the hood easily. I'll post more pics once our installation instructions are completed.
Very easy to wire with our wiring harness. Install time takes 1.5 hours max. And that includes having a couple beers!
Axys sLED LED wiring quick connects.jpg
Axys sLED Wiring Harness.jpg
Axys sLED Switch.jpg
Axys sLED 4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom