• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

More Air Flow

Dr.Notadoo

I've talked to a few key people about this and the unanimous reply is the sled needs more air. One independent person tested the Axys with a aftermarket pipe and said more air flow is necessary. In fact he sells the pipe and air box mod . Slp makes the kit, I ordered 3 kits and will test on my sled, last wkend I monitored AFR readings on a 130 mile ride so the readings are fresh in my head. I will add this air box mod and report back to you guys. Fits on top of air intake on opposite side where air enters know. Just passing this along.

HSK ,THE SHOP IS IN NORWAY. HE SITE IS NOT IN ENGLISH OBVIOUSLY BUT YOU CAN MAKE OUT MOST OF IT. TESTS ALOT OF DIFFERENT STUFF,JAWS PIPE,RK-TECH, AND SO ON..

I seen the kit from slp and my buddy has it on his axys. The circle vents aren't really that big where I thought it didn't do much. Now my other buddy with a 2013 RR cat put a frog skin air intake and it pretty much is like ram air now. I thought that desgin for that sled was way better then the 2 little vents from slp.

Must be different then. The ones my buddy has from slp are on the other side of the intake vent and are like 2 inch circles.

image.jpeg
Installed tonight on SKS , proX next

It will be interesting.I know on 4 strokes it's really critical where you mod the air box or put ram air in.Some places can gain 5 hp while some others can lose 2 hp.

I DONT THINK SO,THE ONLY POSSIBILITY MIGHT BE MAP TWEEK. IF I GET A CHANCE TO RIDE THIS WKEND I WILL FIND OUT FORSURE. AFR HAS BEENHOOKED UP AND IM MONITERING READINGS.I HAVE A BASE LINE FROM LAST WKENDS RIDE.

Well, I don't know how to tell whether HP is down or up by Intake Venting or Panel Venting for Heat evacuation but I've Installed the Fire-n-Ice Set Venting set ups on both my SKS and Pro-S800. My Pro-S I installed the SLP Intake Vent Kit and the SKS got the Fire-n-Ice Vent Kit. My motor has run 124-127 pretty dam consistently all Season long even on the warmest days. I do run a set of Duraflex Scratchers to help with cooling also. Not sure which helps cool things better but my sled hardly ever never runs past 130. "Hard as Rock icy trails or when temps push 40"

As far as Intake Venting to keep it on topic. I ordered 2 SSI Pipe Mod's with the PCV and mapping from Jim at DTR. Pro-S 800 with SLP Intake Vents that come with two vents has run flawless. The SKS with Fire-n-Ice Intake Vents that come with 4 vents has pulled 4 DET Warnings on my only 150 mile run this year. (( In the mid RPM's )) I highly doubt the Intake Vents had anything to do with the DET's but with the facts being that she's likely lean, it did cross my mind??

FYI- The Fire-n-Ice Vents will allow an estimated 15-20% more Air Flow than the SLP Vents with the one extra smallest vent.

AFR reading from this past wkends ride. Slightly higher at various rpm ranges. Then first wkend (.3-.6) differences. In the am the temps were about the same, however by noon time the temp had risen to over 40degF, and witnessed above compensation to fuel mapping. Mostly at lower rpms (6500) and around 1/4 to 3/8 throttle. Readings in 14s, never saw this before. 14s In this range are not too high . This is where the manufacturers try and get fuel mileage. This is a high percentage throttle position area. This can be viewed on DW in the service history.

Back
Top Bottom