• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

My take on AXYS down HP/fade

2017 800 assault rpm,s i can get more rpm,s out of 3/4 throttle 8300/8350 rpm,s then i can at full throttle this is going around 50/60 mile,s per hr. with not much track spin on hard pack full throttle sounds like the older sled,s running without a air box get,s much louder. an i believe it is fully broken in 400 mile,s 20 hr,s no slipping of the belt. anyone have a idea

2017 800 assault rpm,s i can get more rpm,s out of 3/4 throttle 8300/8350 rpm,s then i can at full throttle this is going around 50/60 mile,s per hr. with not much track spin on hard pack full throttle sounds like the older sled,s running without a air box get,s much louder. an i believe it is fully broken in 400 mile,s 20 hr,s no slipping of the belt. anyone have a idea
Sounds like all the stock springs and weights with a wrong gear ratio to me.
Tell us what you got

everything is stock with a new gold primary spring
To light of primary weights. I woke my buddies stock assault up with adjustable weights and around 67.5 grams. Proper belt to sheave,proper deflection, lots of float,front limiter pulled up, track hangs 5/8" freely, chain a little looser than stock.. his assault rocks with everything stock except for adjustable weights . Woke it up.
Clean sheaves with purple scotch brite and wipe clean with rag with acetone. Clean belt sides with scuff as in soapy water .

I have a 2016 pro s 800 with the same issue as Lid. Sled will run great for certain periods of time then it's like a light switch and the exhaust tone changes sound and it feels underpowered and sluggish. Then maybe 30 miles later or even the next day it might start running good again but it's very inconsistent and irritating. I've had the valves relearned and replaced the belt makes no difference. If anyone else has fixed a similar issue I would like to know, mine is going back to the dealer next week.

got my sled back from dealer after 2 week,s of waiting thy said that when it hit 500 miles it was out of breakin mode. like turning a switch on or off witch is bullshit so now it only pulls 8100 rpm,s no matter if it,s full or 3/4 throttle. got rid of the intake noise, i dont know if thy reflased it or what thy did. nothing showed up on digital wrech dealer an polaris r lost.thy said it ran better as soon as it hit 500 miles said it was within spec, just frickin bullshit compression is 125, off set is good 015 belt to sheave, clean clutch,s

They should tear into the engine. Bet any money the pistons are loose. Loose as in the clearance from piston to cylinder is to much. Many are having this problem including me. Dealer has order 3 cylinders and 6 pistons. Pistons are ok but not one cylinder measures the same.

BMP reliability kit I think will be a must !!!!! Polaris Has a problem with there motors but don't want to own up!!!! Love Polaris and will only ride Polaris but they have a problem

It's the quality of parts being rapidly manufactured. Stuff is being sent out for sale while looking over the other shoulder. Copy

The 2015 and newer Axys motors have an improved piston design. Much more reliable than previous CFI motors.
Alot of 2015 and some 2016 Axys running issues can be exhaust valves dropping out of stage 3 to stage 2 and NOT throwing codes.
Check your relays (by the Exhaust on cross bar). Check for corrision. Has been an issue on some.

Be careful of so called durability kits. Not all created equal.

I have a 2016 pro s 800 with the same issue as Lid. Sled will run great for certain periods of time then it's like a light switch and the exhaust tone changes sound and it feels underpowered and sluggish. Then maybe 30 miles later or even the next day it might start running good again but it's very inconsistent and irritating. I've had the valves relearned and replaced the belt makes no difference. If anyone else has fixed a similar issue I would like to know, mine is going back to the dealer next week.
Replace relays to valves

BMP reliability kit I think will be a must !!!!! Polaris Has a problem with there motors but don't want to own up!!!! Love Polaris and will only ride Polaris but they have a problem
I'm sorry but the so called durability and fix it kits out there don't do any more then the top quality piston Polaris uses on the 800 ho if the cylinder isn't in spec ??
Plus the forged has to run a wider tolerance then cast pistons.

The best thing to do is get the cylinder measured by a good reputable shop, run the Polaris 800 ho cast pistons with a 0.0050" clearance on a good cylinder and it will run for 1000' s of miles .

As for loss of rpm, it's usually the cvt system causing this. The 27 straight degree primary, hard compound belt, belt glazed from heat ,light weights, light tip weights, 1.61 gear ratio , soft primary and secondary springs all spell disaster

Another is exhaust leaks as seen by black residue in belly pan, the y pipe isn't perfectly flat from welding at factory, exhaust outlets not 100% round, graffol gaskets not sealing. This causes lose of rpm and hp

Another is valves, check valve travel , check resistances on everything related to valves

Back
Top Bottom