• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Personal Feedback from last winter Setup!!

Michael

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Axys S/B Pro-s 800 2016 (snowcheck)
Hi Guy's, first sry for my english , i'm french so i'll try my best ...lol

i've been testing different little setup last winter, just want to share my result with you!.

also want to upgrade my setup for the next winter so help and feedback are welcome
Sled is a S/B Pro-S 800 2016

I'm Riding In quebec, what I've done so far
-21-37 (1.76) gearing
-10-68 weight,
-gate belt carbon
-120/320 spring
-140-145 studs (don't remember exactly). Track and chain tension carefuly ajust to spec.

I've hit 184km/h (on the cluster..lol) several time, give hard time to my friend xrs 800 but the 850 are still another game. They are too fast on top end lolll . I have very good power corner to corner tho and the best i think is how the sled perform in deep snow, hard pack and loose snow. it's very consistant now on every condition.

What i want for the next winter is to take it to the next step, try to extract max of it. i'm thinking
-1,74 ratio (since i read is more efficient)
-IQR roller tensioner
-balance and machine at Cv tech in thetford
-50/44fp with 140/220 spring

what you guy's think?!

i want more punch and top end on hard pack without losing on loose snow (where i beat the etec is loose snow on low end)
I'm also at 8100-8200 steady, don't see 8300-8400 so often..

Thanks for all, very good info on this forum, love it. Feel free to shim in if you have idea to help me improved it!.

Last edited:
Go Guy's winter is coming!!! share your setup/feedback!! I will begin to source the parts i need soon!!!

184 =114mph thats pretty good i ran team 50/44F full progressive helix and a 140 -220 secondary spring that will help your acceleration i would recommend a pipe and power commander if you want to run with that 850 my 16 switchback would accelerate a touch faster than the 850 and would creep away top end the same set up in the 2017 assault that a few buddies had would pull the 850 pretty good not sure if it was the cobra track vs rip saw2 Or 2.52 vs 2.86
So im changing track to 2.52 hopefully that will help

haha! thanks bud!! i'm sure gonna try this Helix/spring combo, i see them alot here, it seem like the fav one!! Not to forget my 184 record was on hard pack snow and it was a cluster speed(not so accurate..)

184 =114mph thats pretty good i ran team 50/44F full progressive helix and a 140 -220 secondary spring that will help your acceleration i would recommend a pipe and power commander if you want to run with that 850 my 16 switchback would accelerate a touch faster than the 850 and would creep away top end the same set up in the 2017 assault that a few buddies had would pull the 850 pretty good not sure if it was the cobra track vs rip saw2 Or 2.52 vs 2.86
So im changing track to 2.52 hopefully that will help

What gears you running?

I'm running 1.76 ratio

Good choices and should work well. Always need to test, tune and refine. I have both the 1.73 and 1.74 setups and are very pleased with the trail response.

Mr indy is right about pipe and fuel controller. Stock is 8250 rpm and with slp, jaws or bmp pipes it’s 8400 rpm. That’s more top mph there by just revving higher and added hp/tq.

I would get a P2 or Tied secondary as there’s way less friction and heat from stock tss-04.

What you guy's think about the 1.76 ratio?, alway's wondering! do i will see a difference to swap it with 1.74/73? or leave it right there and finish secondary setup instead? keep in mind that i don't want to add pipe and programer (i want to extract the most of the clutch/gear before adding power)

i call the dealer to have the price on a 50/44 fp with a 140-220 spring today and some of you seem to like the little timing key's so maybe wanna put this too! i'm i right with the secondary combo?

i'm surely take a look around to see if i can source a use P2 or tied!

With us being on this sight having Brock and Doc on here sharing there knowledge once u get the secondary teeed up i personally think it would be way easier to install a pcv instead of a timing key for a few reasons one
Adding or subtracting fuel or timming at 100% so from 0 to 99 %will be total safe with stock map and if it requires going to a dealer for anytype of warranty two minutes and its off and im sure dyno tech has a few maps for stock pipe and just incase that pipe ever shows up lol your ready

Good point there buddy! Thanks you very much!

I'll add the pcv to my wishlist, you had me!..loll i'll finish my secondary setup and test it before tho!, one mod at the time right?!.lol

what you think about my choice of spring/cam ? (trailriding in quebec)

Going from 1.76 to a 1.73 is not going to be easy to notic I think. The helix choice is good,might as well get 48-44 on one ramp and 50-44 on the other , both full progressive.
Your spring and gear choice will depend on ur weight ..

Thanks for the input Dr, i sure will look for these and oh i'm at 180lbs fully dress up!

any idea where to find those Helix spec? didn't find any of these number on various site!
I'm also in search for good solid weight that have good Tip weight! which one the favorite?? (or it will be the washer mod on the oem one, my father is a welder of carreer! just need a good balance)

Michael, Just give Speed Shop Inc a call at 507-263-2244, they will make you a helix with those angle and they ship to Canada. Reasonable cost for a custom cut helix.

thanks Frank! good to know!! alot of you on here like them!!

Do you have a good pics of a nice set done?

Back
Top Bottom