• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Personal Feedback from last winter Setup!!

762-5823cedc54b7c1c9cf190d5268188052.jpg
760-6b94999e817148bb8e9fd96e586187d4.jpg

any idea where to find those Helix spec? didn't find any of these number on various site!
I'm also in search for good solid weight that have good Tip weight! which one the favorite?? (or it will be the washer mod on the oem one, my father is a welder of carreer! just need a good

48-44F and 50-44F I know Bikeman has in stock also. Just confirmed with Neal. Part 05-TSS-2. It is not online though.

YEs thanks alot Mr indy!! i will try this trick!! not too expensive..lol

Thanks Chief i'm gonna call him today!! i think i have all the ingrediant for a good recepee now, can't wait to try this!!!! i'm i the only one with the mod bug so soon?!..loll

YEs thanks alot Mr indy!! i will try this trick!! not too expensive..lol

Thanks Chief i'm gonna call him today!! i think i have all the ingrediant for a good recepee now, can't wait to try this!!!! i'm i the only one with the mod bug so soon?!..loll
NO YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE ..LOL,WORK ON THINGS YEAR ROUND

No worries Micheal like i said before lucky to have guys like the DR. and others that are willing to share there data that helps us spend $$$$$ in the correct area never mind the time and money they spend on r&d this stuff

yeah you right! it's very appreciated Dr..

All the parts are ordered!! I'll send the sled for an inspection and installation next week! now it's just Missing some snow!..loll

here the list!
140-220 spring
50/44fp
1.5deg timing keys (just to try)
and maybe i will add a 155-222 rear spring to test too during the winter (we are not alway's on hardpack around quebec)

I love the Tied. Little different running 64-60.

yes its custom, go 66-60 on the other cut, considering ur running the jaws pipe and it likes to rev to 8400 plus the shallower cut with the 60 will give you options..carry rpm on the big end where the pipe likes it..

I was thinking about putting a bigger bottom gear 38-21 (i have 37-21 now) making a 1.80 ratio!. Curious what you guy’s have to say about it?!

Primary and secondary will be done per Brock and Doc recommendation!.
120-320/10-68 (will be adding tip weight)
50-44fp /140-220 spring

Remember. The 2016 sb pro s800 has 2.86 pitch track and 8 tooth driver. Has the ripsaw which in my mind needs studs a 1/2” longer.

You want more top end??

With stock pipe it’s supposed to rev 8250 rpm at tops(no higher). So 8250 rpm at 1:1 ratio with a 1.73 gearing gives you 103.5 mph. An Overdrive if everything is set up properly, add maybe 5% to 103.5 mph which would give you 109 mph

Get a jaws, slp or bmp pipe and rev 8400 rpm we’re there supposed to and the 1.73 gearing is now 106 mph at 1:1 ratio.Add that same 5% overdrive and it’s 111 mph.

Personally. I would go with 1.68 gear ratio with stock pipe that revs 8250 rpm to give you 106 mph . Add 5% for overdrive and it’s 111 mph

If you add a pipe that’s supposed to rev 8400 rpm. I would go with the 1.73 gear ratio to give you 103.5 mph at 1:1 ratio. Add 5% for overdrive and it’s 111 mph .

You said you wanted more top end, so I gave you scenario’s to help. Just depends on stock pipe vs aftermarket pipes.
The 5% overdrive is general as you can get more with a machined primary in most cases

I was thinking about putting a bigger bottom gear 38-21 (i have 37-21 now) making a 1.80 ratio!. Curious what you guy’s have to say about it?!

Primary and secondary will be done per Brock and Doc recommendation!.
120-320/10-68 (will be adding tip weight)
50-44fp /140-220 spring
The mod 66swill pull harder then strait 68s IMO

Our group loved the mods
we tried 3 different manufacturers
mod 66 to the front

The other helix cut is 70 /65 . It's more angle . I know is not the better way for tunnig the secondary but if i run stiffer spring like 140/240 will be help to compensate for more angle helix ?
no don't run more spring just to slow the clutch from opening because the helix is to steep . in a strait line you could get away with it ,on the trail I don't think you will..

Back
Top Bottom