• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Personal Feedback from last winter Setup!!

if you where to take off .5 gram, would you do it from the base or the tips? i'm only 100-150 rpm off, maybe a shim under the spring will do !

What’s you’re total set up now as it’s confusing, lol

Loll.. sorry’
1.76 gear
120-310 spring
Modded 66’ weight (to 69.152)
50-44fp
140-220 spring
1.5 degree timing keys

Sled is a switch pro-s 16
Studded 1.352 cobra
I’m 180 pound with suit!

It pull 8200 steady on hard pack and top at about 155-160 km/h gps.
Clutch are clean and warm after a pull, belt goes right on top of primary!.

i trim .5 gram off the base of the weight gain 50-100rpm now i'm at 8150-8200 steady, Sled pull great, still need more top end tho, it struggle to pass 100mph gps.. i was not on hard pack tho..

So the modded 66' (now at 69.152) are doing good in there.. thinking of maybe moving 1/4gram off the base to the tips what you think?

For an additional 150rpm, do i lighten weight more or gave more spring ??
Modding the weight means if it is worse you have to weld again? Try a 120-340 spring, which has also been suggested to me to gain 100-200rpm

Loll.. sorry’
1.76 gear
120-310 spring
Modded 66’ weight (to 69.152)
50-44fp
140-220 spring
1.5 degree timing keys

Sled is a switch pro-s 16
Studded 1.352 cobra
I’m 180 pound with suit!

It pull 8200 steady on hard pack and top at about 155-160 km/h gps.
Clutch are clean and warm after a pull, belt goes right on top of primary!.

So no pipe or anything?
Just what you stated above?

Yes!! Just what's stated above!

with no pipe best Rpm still 8300??

With stock pipe and stock motor. Don’t rev any higher then 8300 rpm

Ok good! So it's on point at 8200, i guess i max out the sled, it pull very good but doing 162 km/h max!!
i would love to see a 170 but don't wanna mess with it if i'm good like that!!

thanks Brock for all the info!

You’re 1.5 timing key from 8250,8500 might not be helping you? I can’t see 1.5 advance really hurting you but?

Best to have a pcv and control timing in different throttle positions and rpm

It pull 8200 steady now flashing 8250 rarely, so i think it’s good!!. Pull awesome low-mid range!. Setup suspension per your spec(brock) realy help me on trail!. Pull to 100mph very fast! Sled can’t go any higher tho.. maybe 102 max if on hard solid pack on a long run! (Gps speed)
i’m pretty happy with the setup!
Woke up the sled good!

Can pull again my buddy clutched 850 on low-mid now!!! On top they are faster tho.. by alot.. loll

You need more tipweight to force belt up top of primary to get good mph

Before my last test ride, i marked the primary with a sharpy and the mark get eraser all the way to the top!Almost like i want to flip over.. i was scared of having too much tip weight already!

If i don’t need to worried, i’ll add a little spot weld to the tips to see what i can gain!

what do you think brock?

I’m thinking you’ll never flip a belt unless you machined clutch

Loll ok! Nice! I was worried when i see the mark.. i’ll trow a .5gram additional on the tip to begin and see how i’ll gain!. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom