• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

Brock, will Jim inlcude the proper pipe/pipe mod tune in a PCV bought from him?
Yes, the bikeman and ssi have a nice tune with a Pcv. Since these 2 were the big hp and torque pipes I'm naming them.

The ssi pipe mod alone in 91 octane mode was a little lean up top around 8000 rpm+ and up. Put it in ethanol mode with a nice safe pcv tune and it's big numbers.
I'm sure he will have them soon .Div20

Yes, the bikeman and ssi have a nice tune with a Pcv. Since these 2 were the big hp and torque pipes I'm naming them.

The ssi pipe mod alone in 91 octane mode was a little lean up top around 8000 rpm+ and up. Put it in ethanol mode with a nice safe pcv tune and it's big numbers.
I'm sure he will have them soon .Div20
Was that on both the 15 and 16, or just the 16?

Last edited:
Dave - in your opinion is it worth the extra money for the PCV? SSI was pretty adamant there's no need for a fuel controller with their pipe mod setup, so I'm just curious what you think. If the PSP crew from yesterday found the PCV is a requirement, to be safe, ignore this!! LOL
Look's like Brock answered what I couldn't bontz. I have heard the PCV can be used to check/adjust tps? That would be a plus. Plus I like the PCV's ability to run 2 maps. Stock by putting all zero's everywhere on map 1 switch and the tune you wan to compare it to in the second switch. 3 years on warranty yet though

Yes can was on it, made the power on first pull, after that it suffered badly, pipe is to restrictive... SLP was better (5-6) and dident loose it on a hot pipe or motor

Yes can was on it, made the power on first pull, after that it suffered badly, pipe is to restrictive... SLP was better (5-6) and dident loose it on a hot pipe or motor
Heath, what pipe/can are you referring to as too restictive?

Is the SSI pipe mod, and SSI pipe stainless/titanium all equal in performance?

Yep - he did Div20

Good point on the TPS tuning too, I didn't even consider that. I was just thinking you were buying it to get the extra couple ponies out of it with the mapping. And if that were the case, was it really worth it knowing the pipe mod by itself was safe. But from what Brock said, it looks like those upper RPM's need some added fuel and the PCV is the way to go.
I like the fact that the Bully has more features, but not the fact that it pulls the stock map out and reflashs the ecm. I know the oem flash is stored and can be reinstalled, but still not the way I'd want to go.

Last edited:
Me and heath are giving u what we can without stepping on Jim's toes.

Here's the deal, the ssi pipe mod in 91 octane mode was a little lean up top on heaths and on doo2poo's 16( even though we were breaking his in still and has a rich fuel map for about 3 + hours of run time.) But it will lean out a little more once it's broke in. 3 % more then heaths 2015.

The bsfc up around 8000 rpm and up was a little lean just with the ssi pipe mod. Put it in ethanol mode and your fine. There was a map made to add a little fuel up top in 91 mod and timing. But there's a better map in ethanol mod with fuel and timing that's way safe and has huge numbers.

The bikeman can just bolt on and don't worry. But they both work better with a Pcv with fuel and timing that's way safe.

To see 107 ft lbs of torque out an 800 that has no engine mods was unbelievable to see. We were all grinning from ear to ear. But that map is a little greedy as Jim would say(right norm,lol). A map was made in ethanol mod that makes 165 hp and 105+ ft lbs of torque all day long heat soaked and way safe on fuel. No brianer to me that this is the map for the bikeman and ssi pipe mod guys. These sleds like the fuel and bsfc's in the .560's . Which way safe and make huge power.

Don't even get started about the bully dog, cost us 2 hours of grief. And, your at the mercy of the aftermarket company who put the tune in. At least with a Pcv you can change it and not have a half ass'd tune that you can't do anything about.

Aaen pipe and they all lost some power after heat soaking after 3-4 runs
Especially the aaen once heat soaked with 140 engine temp and 1050 exhaust temp. It made 1 hp. Yes, one hp. Everyone wanted real world results, so we pushed it.Div20

So what about those of us with warranty? What do you recommend there Brock? Will poo know if you had pipe on or PCV installed? Do you have to change muffler as well or just the pipe with oem suitcase? Thanks for all the hard work here fellas. Awesome stuff.

So what about those of us with warranty? What do you recommend there Brock? Will poo know if you had pipe on or PCV installed? Do you have to change muffler as well or just the pipe with oem suitcase? Thanks for all the hard work here fellas. Awesome stuff.

All the pipes worked better with the stock polaris muffler.

Pcv can't be detected, just unplug before you go to dealer.

I WOULD DO SSI PIPE MOD,MUCH BETTER TURQUE CURVE,AND ITS QUIET.POLARIS CANT TELL AT LEAST AT THE DEALER LEVEL IF THERE WAS A PCV INSTALLED. STOCK MUFFLER WORKS AWESOME,NICE AND QUIET. YOU CAN ADD A CANISTER IF YOU WISH WITH NO POWER LOSS ,IT WILL START MAKING NOISE AT 7400 RPM WHEN THE LAST EXHAUST VALVE STAGE OPENS..THIS MOD SHOULD BE DONE IN ETH MODE ESPECIALLY ON 2016. YOUR BEST SAFE BET IS PCV AS BROCK SAID WITH THE DTR HOT MAP..LOL

All the pipes worked better with the stock polaris muffler.

Pcv can't be detected, just unplug before you go to dealer.

On the comment regarding stock muffler worked best: Can you specify which cans were part of this? I really wanted to lose the weight too with a "quiet" can option.....

Thanks!

On the comment regarding stock muffler worked best: Can you specify which cans were part of this? I really wanted to lose the weight too with a "quiet" can option.....

Thanks!
Slp,bikeman,aaen . They didn't really lose to much power ,but the dyno was happier with the stock can/ muffler with pipes.

The amazing pipe of the day was the ssi pipe mod hands down.

167 hp @ 8400 rpm and 107 ft lbs of torque with a Pcv map we did.
Awesome Pipe and power.!!!!

Of the 167 HP, how much of that number is associated with the addition of the PCV mapped to the pipe mod?

Back
Top Bottom