• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

Rob I don't know if we did that, every pipe was tested in 91moneth first then switched to eth with timing and fuel tweeks. I can tell you this thoe , the difference in fuel modes is 3-4 horse. So if it made 163 in noneth mode we would work the timing and tweek the fuel to get it around 165 in eth mode and be much happier .plus the torque came up 2-3. Make sence

Tons of questions today.

Every pipe was checked for afr, bfsc cfm,etc...... By itself multiple times. Pcv maps were added were it needed it for a specific pipe.

when you guys see what was accomplished with the timing adjustments you will understand the benefit of the pcv. we were able to not only carry and gain at the big end but the mid range is smoooooooooooooooooooooth and long

One simple question guys, Without a PCV and in ethanol mode what was the HP of the pipe mod? Cheapest safe gain.
Yes it was run in e mode only, so many runs, so many pipes,cans,etc.
It was about an 8 hp gain plus torque.
As heath just said. Run in e mode with a Pcv map that we made and it's huge hp but way safe. Homer just mentioned it too.
It's a no brainer. Best for all trail rider's. We had all of you guys in mind .

Did you guys test the ssi trail can? Or the bikeman head?
SSI has a trail?
Is the SSI pipe mod, and SSI pipe stainless/titanium all equal in performance?
Dave, you might be closer to ssi then me, my dad sent my pipe thru FedEx and they wacked him 80$ if i knew that i would've have sent it and stuck with getting Stainless one. But didnt wanna wait. So add up your time to take off shield and put on, recoat your stock pipe after they cut or weld on it, or if any rust starting under shield. Mine had some surface rust starting in a couple spots. So in the end it probably would've been cheaper or same if it just Got the stainless one. I should've just waited for it. Lol

Last edited:
So are you saying the stainless is equal with the pipe mod? im in sweden, so cant send my stock pipe...
Im not a 100% sure but i would think so since the pipe mod works so well. Why would they build a new pipe different? Well who knows that answer. Im sure one of the guys will chime in on this.

W
The amazing pipe of the day was the ssi pipe mod hands down.

167 hp @ 8400 rpm and 107 ft lbs of torque with a Pcv map we did.
Awesome Pipe and power.!!!!
Holy shit that makes my junk tingle,so glad I went with pipe mod

Put it this way guys, all that were involved did an amazing job.
If you buy a bikeman pipe or ssi pipe mod. We made a tune on Pcv that makes huge gains staring at 6500 to 7000 rpm. Then the hp and torque curve just gets higher as the rpm gets higher. It's a very broad powerband with gobs of torque. And the kicker is. It's very safe and rich in fuel so you can hammer it across the lake wot as long as you want. Both pipe and pipe mod with Pcv tune is easily 165 hp and 105 ft lbs of torque. We had maps that weren't as safe and were greedy that made even more. But, everyone needs confidence.

Will us mortals have access to such tunes or is this pretty much the curves that Erich and others saw with their tunes?

Will us mortals have access to such tunes or is this pretty much the curves that Erich and others saw with their tunes?
Yes, Jim at dtr has all the tunes for you guy's to get.

We had greedy tunes on Pcv with pipes and pipe mod that made even more hp and torque(right homer,lol) , but would probably det and weren't as safe.

All will get the great tunes that are safe and make huge gains.

Awesome proS, thx! I wasn't quite sure what would need to be updated if I threw either of the two pipe selections on my 2016. Seems both did extremely well on Tuesday. Can't go wrong with either.
Ya no problem. Ive got a couple miles on my sled with the bikeman pipe and love.

Ya no problem. Ive got a couple miles on my sled with the bikeman pipe and love.

I've got plenty of garage miles currently! With all this down time, It's spawned a huge interest for me in this pipe/pipe mod conversation. I'm geared identical to you @ 1.74 and probably clutched similar as well. I have the PCV, however, I'm awaiting Jim's final mapping for the 2016's. But like I said....maybe I should pop for the BMP pipe and upgrade to the PCV hot tune for the pipe to compliment.

What makes this even more tempting, is the fact that I don't have to change any of my clutching that I've already done or the gearing....all suggestions I received from Brock and other members on this site. Hmmmmmmm....decisions.

Back
Top Bottom