• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

Great article. SSI pipe mod dyno graphs looks so good. I am curious why runs in ethanol mode make more torque? Thats a lot of torque with the tune. Even stock tune has killer torque in mid range in ethanol mode

Here is the deal a 2015 with only a SSI pipe mod, will perform in either fuel mode with no DET. The safe bet is in eth mode. I ran mine all last year in 91 noneth with no issue. However my 2016 with the same SSI pipe mod had one click in the field while riding last wkend in tug hill. Switched to eth mode and was fine and it's still in break in mode. So we decided to use Eth mode for better trail ability. This is where we tweeted the fuel map and timing to get the torque and hp back

Great report by DTR. Lots, and I mean LOTS of great data. If anyone here isn't a subscriber, they should do it right now. This may be the best deal in education anywhere! My only beef is that I was unable to get the dyno camera feed to work. I was a little disappointed in Aaen's pipe and can, too, especially in the torque department, as his pipes usually produce a nice fat midrange. C'est la vie.... I can't wait for the price of these sleds to come into my budget on the used market. I'll be all over it.

Jim did one heck of a write up. If you don't have a subscription, I suggest you get one as it's so knowledgeable.

The day had to be generalized(readers digest version) as Jim's write up would have been 40+ pages long,as Jim said,lol.

Good job Div20

If you look on dtr site.
Look at stock exhaust system vs bmp with stock ecu map. The stock exhaust beats up on the bmp from 6900 to 8100 rpm in hp and torque.
The bmp bfsc's are to rich from 7200 to 7900 and the air flow is down from stock pipe from 7000 up.

It's overall hp is more on big end. But you need a nice hp torque curve.
This just shows how much this pipe needs a Pcv map.

Brock,

Do you significant performance benefit in adding the pcv to the stock exhaust?
You can yes, clean up fuel and timing will probably add 2-4 hp plus torque

If you have a subscription to dtr. Look how the stock exhaust shines from 7300 to 8000 rpm. It's a low and mid grunt pipe like I mentioned earlier. It beats a lot of pipes that were just bolted on in that area. Pcv is the key with the bmp and ssi to make better gains .

You can yes, clean up fuel and timing will probably add 2-4 hp plus torque

If you have a subscription to dtr. Look how the stock exhaust shines from 7300 to 8000 rpm. It's a low and mid grunt pipe like I mentioned earlier. It beats a lot of pipes that were just bolted on in that area. Pcv is the key with the bmp and ssi to make better gains .
Brock can I get the pcv from dtr with a map to run stock exhaust and a map to run with pipe when I get one??

I
Brock can I get the pcv from dtr with a map to run stock exhaust and a map to run with pipe when I get one??
Think the Pcv only holds 2, i may be wrong? But i think it holds stock tune and your hot tune. Im not sure on a 3rd? I didn't see anything about more then 2 on PcV website

I'm not sure if the new power commander for the axys is like the old pc5 that held 2 maps but if it doesn't all you have to do is load the new map for the pipe when the time comes.

My question is a 16gb usb good enough to hold a couple tunes if have more then one? Or just get a 32gb? I have a new 16gb that i got for idd that i never used. So wondering if i should just get a 32

I

Think the Pcv only holds 2, i may be wrong? But i think it holds stock tune and your hot tune. Im not sure on a 3rd? I didn't see anything about more then 2 on PcV website

If it's like the older pc5 unit this isn't correct you could run any 2 maps you wanted, like a safe fuel map for trail riding and a hot map just for short races.

My question is a 16gb usb good enough to hold a couple tunes if have more then one? Or just get a 32gb? I have a new 16gb that i got for idd that i never used. So wondering if i should just get a 32

Pretty sure the only way to load a new map is with a laptop, don't believe it's possible to store one on a flash drive and transfer directly to your power commander.

Brock,

Do you significant performance benefit in adding the pcv to the stock exhaust?
I just talked to Jim about this as we did a few Pcv maps on stock motor and stock exhaust. He confirmed yes.This was done earlier this year, not this pipe shoot out.
Just ask for the the max hp, fuel and timing for 2015 stock motor,stock exhaust.

Awesome jobs guys, was a good read on DTR also. The map you guys made for the ssi and bmp pipe, how would this set up work in the mountains 2000-5500' ? On a 16 rmk axys. I'll be talking to Jim also just wanted to here you're opinion.

I'm almost
I'm almost positive the pcv can hold 2 maps and they sell a switch that allows you to toggle back an forth between maps. So if this holds true you could go from no pipe tune then spring on a pipe and flip switch to pipe tune. or from say a 1000 ft race tune to a very trail friendly tune. I want to say I guy I used to ride Harley with had pcv with switch and one tune was for riding normal and the other was for nitrous in case he got rowdy. Lol

Back
Top Bottom