• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

Welcome Jim!

Glad you and Gus made it here . Div20

I just talked to Jim about this as we did a few Pcv maps on stock motor and stock exhaust. He confirmed yes.This was done earlier this year, not this pipe shoot out.
Just ask for the the max hp, fuel and timing for 2015 stock motor,stock exhaust.

Brock....I know you mention MY2015, but what about the 2016's? Was the 2016 tested to create a new timing/map based on stock exhaust and stock motor factoring in the 3% lean change Polaris did on the ECU?

Brock....I know you mention MY2015, but what about the 2016's? Was the 2016 tested to create a new timing/map based on stock exhaust and stock motor factoring in the 3% lean change Polaris did on the ECU?
I talked to Brock yesterday and whatever was tested on the 2015 was tested on the 2016 and mapped for both.

I just talked Mr Aaen,

In Jims wright up he said Aean’s pipe was too restrictive well he “Aaen” is running a 50 mm the SSI is 44.5mm and the Bike is 45mm he feels they are going over the edge going with that size stinger and he will not change the size of the stinger outlet for the fear of giving up longevity of these Motors and his customer!! Olav goes on to say this exact pipe Jim at DT Dyno’ed last year showed 7hp what was the different this year??

A quote from Olav I will not change the muffler on my pipe and your ie “Badgers” set up is one of the safest and best in the world and there is only one in the world like it right now if the other guys want to push their customer over the edge so be it I will not this is not a race sled application by any means. Then he goes on to say I know stingers I was one of the developers of the first ones used on snowmobiles in the industry. Tell them I said we are still testing the system I put on your sled it is by far the best application available on the market today.

Last edited:
It wasent the same pipe as I tested last year. The pipe tested at 1200 miles was an SSI but had no heat shields on it. This could have something to do with it I don't know

All good badger. Thanks for the write up.

But as you know, tests are tests. And we tested this on same day,same dyno, and, plus we tested it on the 2016 and 2015 models to compare. Everything was done fair.. done several times in a row, with different maps to try and improve also. No stone was left unturned on this test.

Sometimes guys just look at the big end number and that's it. Its not just that number that counts. It's how broad a range of power. Olafs pipe and can was more power then any other from 6500- 7200 down low. If that makes you feel any better.

The cfm was down compared to others tested though. Maybe his can was restrictive??
I wish his pipe would have fit to stock can like all the others. It may have been a different outcome??

I will say this, the bmp pipe just bolted on, was down in power from all the others from 6500 to around 8000 rpm. Then it picked up power. If it's just bolted on its a narrower power band then the others. The Pcv with fuel and timing makes this pipe shine down low.

We ran pipe temp at 750,800,850,900,950,1000,1050,1100
The best pipe temp is around 950 to 1050.

Do you think the ECU doesnt like pipetemp higher then 1050?
Would it be better to use a temp resistor instead, so you can get it up to 1100-1200 without the ECU thinking its to hot?

Don't mean to go off topic but What are the specific differences between ethanol mode and non ethanol mode?

Say in eth mode sled has
More fuel
Less timing?

Anyone know the specifics just curious.

Do you think the ECU doesnt like pipetemp higher then 1050?
Would it be better to use a temp resistor instead, so you can get it up to 1100-1200 without the ECU thinking its to hot?

The ecu doesn't mind 1100 degrees. Anything over and engine temp up around 150, it was losing power yes.
You running the same resistor as slp??

Don't mean to go off topic but What are the specific differences between ethanol mode and non ethanol mode?

Say in eth mode sled has
More fuel
Less timing?

Anyone know the specifics just curious.
In e mode according to digital wrench and dyno, it was more fuel and maybe a touch less timing way up(8400+)

The ecu doesn't mind 1100 degrees. Anything over and engine temp up around 150, it was losing power yes.
You running the same resistor as slp??
Is there an issue running the slp resistor with the pipe mod?

No there is no issue. If you have a 2015 with pipe mod. Eth mode is plenty by itself. I was able to run in noneth mode last yr. there is 3-4 hp difference between the fuel modes.with stock pipe , or SSI pipe mod

No there is no issue. If you have a 2015 with pipe mod. Eth mode is plenty by itself. I was able to run in noneth mode last yr. there is 3-4 hp difference between the fuel modes.with stock pipe , or SSI pipe mod
Yep 2015 with ssi pipe mod,I thought the slp resistor and running in 91 non eth mod would be my best option til I get the PCV,already spent a lot of money this year so I'm hoping to wait til next year for the controller

That should work just fine
Thanks for all you guys did on the testing,as a former racer I know what it takes on dyno days and the hard work that goes into it,thanks again for freely sharing with us your knowledge and experienceDiv20

Back
Top Bottom