• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

thanks just looking to try to pick up the mid range hopefully I need to add weight after the hot tune and timing are hooked up

not sure he's not sure he bought a kit he is going to ask the supplier I have a 50-44 f we are going to put that in and go back to the 70 weights and going to see if jim has a map for the bikeman pipe with no timming i am thinking the cam is to big and thanks for all your knowledge and help on here I have a pro 800 and thank for helping me I too had an incorrect cam and I have found my proper Rpm and mine is running hard
thank Dr

hey Dr this was our set up
gates belt
120 310
140 220
70 gram team weights
48/44 f
would only pull 8100 8200
we had to put it into eth mode to get that rpm was lower in non eth pulled less rpm
we put 68 belly busters 8400 we are going to get a tune from dtr for the bikeman and are modding a set of 66 gram and see what happens we feel the mid range and top end has room for improvement

Last edited:
So with the belly busters you were Erving higher? Ok then you could take out the 220 secondary tension to drop the rpm, stock pipe is only good for 8250. The middle of the weight needs to be lighter as you saw by putting in the 68s, the profile also plays a big part in the sleds ability to over come load. Weight base and tip, leave mid light. IMO

Well this week I installed the bikeman pipe and pc5 from DTR. Jeez I had 1.74 ratio with 10-70s and 120-310 primary and 50-44f with 140-200 secondary. So I thought the pipe and map would of made more power so I rode it with the previous setup thinking that I would have to better tune the clutches to compensate the added power. So when riding I never gained and rpm. Did I do something wrong with the install? Should I have made more power? I did notice more low end power and a different tone in the exhaust which by the way sounds awesome!

What are you reving to? I have the bikeman pipe but no power commander installed yet, 1.74 gears, 50/44 helix, same springs. I run 70.2 gram ssi weights and mine revs to 8,400 all day.

That's it. I'm only turning 8100-8200. And the thing is that that what it was turning before.

That's it. I'm only turning 8100-8200. And the thing is that that what it was turning before.

Same outcome/set up on my X--8050 RPMs with Bikeman/PC V and exactly your clutch set-up. Ran 8300 RPMs stock at 300 miles. Dr Notadoo suggested his modded 66's.

Dr Notadoo: Want to make some and I'll buy them?

Also going to try a Team Tied 64/60 and 140/220 spring.

I did hit 8400 RPMs on a hard plowed road (with some track spin letting it rev) and recorded 111 speedo/98.5 GPS.

I Might contact Indy Dan for further advice/set up stuff.

Last edited:
hey doc we tried your mod weight washer deal with the stock 66 Graham weights ran 400 miles of fast Trail all I can say wow sled is on rails the back shift is wow sled is always in the right gear just wondering what you would recommend next we will see 8350 on good flat conditions if there is any loose snow and try to roll into the throttle we see from 8000 to 8200 best we have a bikemam pipe and understand we should be 8400 to 8500 what would you change here's our list
1.74 gear ,gates belt ,pcfc with your tune but no timing ,50/44,140/220;secondary
66 Graham mod 70.5 Grahams 120 /310
I was thinking of trying a 140 310 or trim some weight off the if weight were should we shave the weight
thanks Doc

we can't add timing with our power commander pcfc Jim was out of stock when we called for a unit so we bought the membership and we are using the fuel part Jim at dtr said that would be fine for now so we are using what ever we had kicking around we are riding for the next few days so that's why I was thinking of a 140 start instead of a 120 start

Ok , ur on a trip, if you have the tools go for it you won't know unless you try, right. Should slow the inetial progression a bit and give the rpm a head start towards ur target rpm, which might alow it to carry a few more rpm. I love that you and others are tweeking and having fun doing it. This will help everybody out, ride safe .

I gotta tell you guys , my sled with full bikeman set up with heads & bully dog is pulling 76 grams on weight at 8450 . HI doc i met you at the hillclimbs in Tourin .

Been great thanks, the sled is just flat out fast . i thank you enough the sled is still unbeatin.The closest to me is one of my buddys 800 axes with stage three slp .

hey doc we tried a team 140 320 sled felt better seemed accelerate better but 8350 is max didnt see any extra rpm weather did get warmer and slushy we don't have the timing unit in the sled and might just run the sled the rest of the year with what we have how much weight should we pull out to get to our 8400 to 8500 Rpm or bite the bullet and get the PC V timming unit

Well , you could take half to a full gram off the tip. Leave the rest . Or try a set of stock 66s with just the base weight. What you were running might not be bad for the conditions you were in. Wait for z temp drop and try that too. FYI a couple degrees of timing would too, plus make a few more horse

Back
Top Bottom