• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Real World Test Results

So ur using a 1.66 gear ratio correct? I don't recall seeing that in polaris' recommended gearing chart in the axys reference sticky. I didn't think u could use ratios that weren't recommended by factory?

I'm curious how ur clutching setup will work with 1.81 gears, as ur clutch setup is very similar to the one I wanna try

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
What gears are need to run the 1.81? I have gears to run 1.74 but would like to try the 1.81 as well. I'm hoping for a little more acceleration to 80mph and would be willing to sacrifice a little top end if necessary. I'd like to swap the Cobra for a 1.6" Ice Cobra and run 1.81 gearing. anyone run that track and if so what gearing did you use?

What gears are need to run the 1.81? I have gears to run 1.74 but would like to try the 1.81 as well. I'm hoping for a little more acceleration to 80mph and would be willing to sacrifice a little top end if necessary. I'd like to swap the Cobra for a 1.6" Ice Cobra and run 1.81 gearing. anyone run that track and if so what gearing did you use?

Check the gearing chart I just posted this morning

The 1.61 may have seemed faster and a speedo reading doesn't tell the 100% truth or seat of the pants.

Timers tell what's really going on and we use them. Only way to be 100% accurate and pass on good info .

Set a distance like we do. Let's say 1/4 mile to be fair to the 1.61 ratio. Set timing system to mark , 60'. 100',500', 660', and 1/4 mile You'd be surprised what gear ratios work the best. And it's never the 1.61 at any of the distances I mentioned. Slowest at every mark in et and mph. We've tried it in 2015

Ask doc on his track loader too. He'll tell you what gear ratios work best on his track loader .

There is a reason Polaris only used the 1.61 ratio for one year and changed to a lower one. Huge inconsistencies cvt system.

Maybe it's more track spin in deep powder with the 1.61. Distances I'm talking about comparing 1.61 to 1.67 are a mile or more in deep powder. I have only an unscientific observation for this, you are correct. I didn't change gear numbers in my ECU, but my speedo definately showed a 6 mph higher number with the 1.61.

40 miles today, shake down run. Need more snow, but ditches were about perfect! December smiles!

2016 Rush Pro-S 800. Took woody shaper bars off skis and put stock bars back on to save shapers. Ran 2017 spring setup left in sled which is 70 pitch chain with 40B and 24T gears for 1.67 ratio. 155-222 secondary spring team black. Helix 46-42. Stock primary spring, 70gram EPI Belly Buster weights. Balanced and machined primary by Indy Dan. 88 woodys down the center, 2 per panel on 2.86 pitch Rip 2 original track. Original / stock Polaris belt / plugs / stock pipe which now have about 1650 miles on them.

Pinning throttle I'm getting 8200 rpm immediately with a climb to 8350 rpm in the ditches. How would changing to 48-44 helix and stock 123-203 secondary spring affect things? I'm thinking more top end, and the sled looks like it should pull it OK.

Last edited:
Just change secondary spring, ur rpms are fine, if it will pull a 140-200 or stock spring, it will pull harder.
If your belt has that kinda miles on it , I would make it a spare..imo

Swapped PTO side motor mounts front to back today. The back one was visibly worn, it's now in front. The front one looked pretty good, now in back. I will have to order new mounts. I think someone over on HCS has ones with stiffer rubber.

Has anyone tried those new motor mounts? Where to get them?

Put on 90 miles today. 210 total for the year so far. 13F outside and this sled was pulling 8400RPM all day long. Stock original spring and 70 gram weights.

I could pull 72's. Does that seem odd for a stock pipe?

Swapped PTO side motor mounts front to back today. The back one was visibly worn, it's now in front. The front one looked pretty good, now in back. I will have to order new mounts. I think someone over on HCS has ones with stiffer rubber.

Has anyone tried those new motor mounts? Where to get them?
Polaris updated their mounts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Question?
Ru4real

Are you running stock pipe ?

And yes the stroker customs motor mounts seem to work good . I also use a torque strap to keep everything aligned.

anyone have an address and phone for Stoker Customs in Steamboat as I live in Laramie and go skiing in Steamboat often and could stop there during the week and pick up motor mounts??
gtwitch in wyoming

Question?
Ru4real

Are you running stock pipe ?

And yes the stroker customs motor mounts seem to work good . I also use a torque strap to keep everything aligned.

Yes, I'm running a stock pipe.

8250 rpm is your number on stock pipe with stock cylinder for best power.

Lost hole shot to a studded 15 INDY 800.

2016 Rush Pro-S 800R running my 2017 spring setup left in sled, just because, which is 70 pitch chain with 40B and 24T gears for 1.67 ratio. 155-222 secondary spring team black. Helix 46-42. Stock primary spring, 70gram EPI Belly Buster weights. Balanced and machined primary by Indy Dan. 88 woodys down the center, 2 per panel on 2.86 pitch Rip 2 original track. Original / stock Polaris belt / plugs / stock pipe which now have about 2100 miles on them.

I will switch over to winter setup from above, which is 48-44 helix track and stock 123-203 secondary spring. I like the 110 mph top end on this combo and I think it is better for cold weather drags. I will also put on a new Polaris belt which my clutch is shimmed for and readjust the deflection.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom