• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Real World Test Results

I like the secondary setup. I have a switch now with the 50-44 and stock spring and it reacts well. I think your gonna be wanting to go with a 120-310 spring and perhaps a gram or two lighter on weights depending on how it holds RPM. I wouldn't put a stock gold spring in my lawn mower. (If it needed it)

Lost hole shot to a studded 15 INDY 800.

2016 Rush Pro-S 800R running my 2017 spring setup left in sled, just because, which is 70 pitch chain with 40B and 24T gears for 1.67 ratio. 155-222 secondary spring team black. Helix 46-42. Stock primary spring, 70gram EPI Belly Buster weights. Balanced and machined primary by Indy Dan. 88 woodys down the center, 2 per panel on 2.86 pitch Rip 2 original track. Original / stock Polaris belt / plugs / stock pipe which now have about 2100 miles on them.

I will switch over to winter setup from above, which is 48-44 helix track and stock 123-203 secondary spring. I like the 110 mph top end on this combo and I think it is better for cold weather drags. I will also put on a new Polaris belt which my clutch is shimmed for and readjust the deflection.

Thoughts?
The 48/44 with 123/203 spring loads motor more and won’t let it spin at track like you’re other set up you lost hole shot too. (To light helix at start and to heavy secondary spring)

Put the stock secondary spring back in 123/203 and kept the 48-42 track on the helix. My other helix track is 48-44.

You were right about the pull. Pulls way harder than 155/222 spring.

This year I’m running the following

Gearing 23T 40B with 70P chain. Quite a bit more chain dogleg compared to last years setup of 24T 40B with 70P.

Primary spring Team white 120-310. Last year I ran the stock gold 100-275.

Secondary switched to 48-44 helix using stock 123-203 spring.

Still using EPI 70g weights same as last year.

Changed plugs. Originals has 3700 miles on them.

About 250 miles so far. May have to add more weight because RPMs are 8350 when air temps are less than 10F. But I’ll wait for good hard pack and check rpms again.

Amazing how much wt some of them will pull vs others with similar clutching set up. What we will be testing this season, how much effect high / preload of the FTS makes on rolling resistance and clutching along with top end pull.

Back
Top Bottom