• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

SledMagazine.com - SnowShoot- Best Pick 2016 800 Switchback PRO-X

Awesome guys. So what do you think of the site so far?

Going great Tom!! Great job!! Once it gets closer to snow time this site will light up with questions. I have to learn a lot about the gauge and now that I have its awesome! We are all here to help each other and awnser questions people have! No ones here to be bashed. Any question is just fine! I'm terrible with clutching, which is what I should be the best at since it's probably the most important. But I'm really good with suspension set up and getting your sled to handle better!

This site will get much better once people start getting emails saying there sleds have been shipped! Then the excitement starts! I'm already ready for snow!! I'm waiting for some more mods for mine! I might keep this sled for a few years, I love it! I normally get a new sled every year or two, but this one I might keep! I hope everyone gets there questions answered and I will try my best to help anyone out!

Tom is a great guy and very fun to go ride with! We are friends now because of sites like this! I j
Have been meeting some great guys and awesome friends!! So everybody enjoy this site and ask and help as much as you can!!

Thanks Tom!!

PolarisTim....

Is the ski lift due to the added height of the pro x package?

Yes, and it has a smaller in diameter sway bar. For more independent suspension for off trail. I lowered my pre load a little and put a Pro S sway bar on my Pro X and it worked awesome, handles awesome!! Very very little body roll and inside ski lift. And it was really cheap and super easy to do!

The front IFS shocks are 1.5 inches longer and the back sits like 2 inches higher. The valving is 30% stiffer and the springs are also 30% stiffer. I'm 250 pounds so it's perfect for me!

Yeah I made the right choice with the pro s. Pro x would be too stiff for me

Thanks everyone!! Tim is right, Its really cool to meet the great people that make these sites tick, I am just glad I can still be a part of it.

Yeah I made the right choice with the pro s. Pro x would be too stiff for me

You can still make the Pro S pretty stiff!! The clickers really work and you can really piss pound it! My wife is only 120 pounds and I ride her Pro S and it's set up for her and I can jump on it change the clickers around five clicks and it firms it right up. I just like hitting jumps and moguls hard and I normally have to re valve my shocks stiffer, and I wanted the 1.75 track so I chose the X and I'm glad I did! And I'm sure you will be totally happy with the Pro S! Plus it does handle a little better! I put a 1.6 ice cobra track on my wife's and that's a great track. It wasn't an option for our 2015's like it is for the 2016's.

You can still make the Pro S pretty stiff!! The clickers really work and you can really piss pound it! My wife is only 120 pounds and I ride her Pro S and it's set up for her and I can jump on it change the clickers around five clicks and it firms it right up. I just like hitting jumps and moguls hard and I normally have to re valve my shocks stiffer, and I wanted the 1.75 track so I chose the X and I'm glad I did! And I'm sure you will be totally happy with the Pro S! Plus it does handle a little better! I put a 1.6 ice cobra track on my wife's and that's a great track. It wasn't an option for our 2015's like it is for the 2016's.
Yeah I'm 190lbs and if I max the clickers out on mine I can't hardly make the suspension compress so for 90% of trail riders the prox will be overkill,the pro s rides awesome and corners super flat

But I did ride Tims pro x and his corners really good with the pro s sway bar and suspension adjustment he made,very close to my pro s

Kerrdog569 and I ride hard, and we both liked how the Axys handles!! Another one I met on a site like this and now we are great friends and will get out a lot more! Now we will have to see if he can keep up with his Pro S, since he had no chance through the trails on his turbo Viper...lol...;)

Thats perfect size for the Pro S, you can make that Pro S really stiff! you just wont have the shock travel like the Pro X...
.6 of an inch difference in front travel and from everything I've read no difference in rear travel

.6 of an inch difference in front travel and from everything I've read no difference in rear travel

It has 1.5 inches more shock shaft length and the shocks and springs are 30% stiffer, thats why it sits higher. my front shock travel is 9.9 and the Pro S is 9.3, but the stiffer valving and stiffer springs make it sit higher.

Plus you have more room for pre load adjustment than i do. make sure you guys do the idler and pitman are fix! I bought mine from Full Power Performance, it a way better fix than what Polaris is doing... there just adding a washer, so now it makes another spot weak. not a great fix in my opinion!! Id go with the Full Power fix! solid plus oil lite bushings instead of plastic ones..but kind of spendy... but im ok with spending the mony instead of ramming into a tree at 50 MPH!!!:D

Plus you have more room for pre load adjustment than i do. make sure you guys do the idler and pitman are fix! I bought mine from Full Power Performance, it a way better fix than what Polaris is doing... there just adding a washer, so now it makes another spot weak. not a great fix in my opinion!! Id go with the Full Power fix! solid plus oil lite bushings instead of plastic ones..but kind of spendy... but im ok with spending the mony instead of ramming into a tree at 50 MPH!!!:D
Yeah I'm getting the same ones you did,awesome looking pieces

The 2016 are getting diffrent shock calibrations and Im not shure on this one but I thought the pro x was getting a stiffer swaybar.

Back
Top Bottom