• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

SSI pipe doesn't work

coryatver

Does anyone have a 2016 800ho that has ssi pipe mod that does not get det? I am about to take a loss on this pipe as every map I have tried still give me det warning randomly. If I could tune it out I would keep the pipe but seems like everyone that has a 2016 and this pipe has the same problem. Does anyone have the answer on how to make it work?

I have asked this before. Has anyone tried any holes in the stinger near the outlet end?

I have this pipe mod along with the reliability kit, head and pc5 with the hot tune in it. this is on a 2015. I have seen 3 random det's never at full throttle . Does it still do it in ethanol mode? You could add some fuel with a tuner but my guess is you need to have your tps set to the ".700 base setting". These are set all over the place from the factory which is why some work fine and some don't.

I have this pipe mod along with the reliability kit, head and pc5 with the hot tune in it. this is on a 2015. I have seen 3 random det's never at full throttle . Does it still do it in ethanol mode? You could add some fuel with a tuner but my guess is you need to have your tps set to the ".700 base setting". These are set all over the place from the factory which is why some work fine and some don't.

Always run mine in ethanol mode det's soon as you hit gas in non ethanol mode. I have had my tps checked and it's right on. They seem to work better on the 2015 they are richer from the factory not good sign that yours still gets det

I told you to try my Pcv map. Did you??

My SKS has a pipe mod. DET once in noneth so I switched to eth and haven't had another issue. Has 386 miles on it. Have not rode it on the trail with the slp air intake mods yet, that might change things. Have PCV with timing map, only adjusting fuel in 100% column.

different opinions on how to set these tps as the base throttle body setting seems to vary from the factory. I assume you had yours checked at the dealer?. What seems to be working is to back of idle screw and throttle blade stop. adjust to .700 this would be your base. then lock down the tps . then adjust the blade stop to get the idle setting. Lookup northstarrick on hcs he has the problem figured out. As far as mine not being a good sign is not a good example as I'll push the timing as much as I can , so I'm fine with getting a few Det, I know I'm not leaving much on the table.

Cory does it DET with stock exhaust?

No ran stock exhuast in premium mode no issue. Mine even det once using the new dtr map made for non eth mode that is very rich while sled non mode. I will get a pic of the map currently using later.

My issue is I want to do a xc race next week at a ski resort do not want this thing to det and have to stop in middle of race to shut off reset

different opinions on how to set these tps as the base throttle body setting seems to vary from the factory. I assume you had yours checked at the dealer?. What seems to be working is to back of idle screw and throttle blade stop. adjust to .700 this would be your base. then lock down the tps . then adjust the blade stop to get the idle setting. Lookup northstarrick on hcs he has the problem figured out. As far as mine not being a good sign is not a good example as I'll push the timing as much as I can , so I'm fine with getting a few Det, I know I'm not leaving much on the table.
FYI, I posted that over a year ago. Where do u you think he got it from???
Me and Bruce figured this out on dyno in January 2015.
Look in here and you'll find it about base

FYI, I posted that over a year ago. Where do u you think he got it from???
Me and Bruce figured this out on dyno in January 2015.
Look in here and you'll find it about base
Sorry, didn't realize you figured out this issue I just joined this site a month ago. How much variance have you been seeing on the tps

My tps idle voltage is right at spec and full throttle is 4.37 which if in spec so pretty sure base voltage is fine. My sled us not the issue I'm pretty sure and appreciate all the help but really just curious who has ssi pipe mod that works and what there setup is. Dr notadoo it didn't do it until I got out of the 18 hr break in mode around 500 miles it instantly started doing it after I hit 18 hrs

Could there possibly a variance in fuel pump pressure/injector flow causing a leaner condition. Im gonna ad the a/f to keep an eye on this

My tps idle voltage is right at spec and full throttle is 4.37 which if in spec so pretty sure base voltage itty sureht curious who has ssi pipe mod that works as. Dr notadoo it didn't do it until I got out of the 18 hr break in mode around 500 miles it instantly started doing it after I hit 18 hrs

ok so it ran fine on break in? have u tried a re learn since? no secret that the sled runs rich in break in, im just curious if the computer would have modified your map as it would its own map once the 18 hr mark hit

I relearned exhuast valves haven't reset break in mode. Pcv is independent of ecu so it can't change pcv but need to richen my map to compensate but still dets on a rich map. Have even seen reports of people saying leaner makes it det less? They had det with a map kept adding fuel didn't help so they leaned it and that worked.

Putting the sled back in break in mode might be your quickest best option considering your timeframe , just fuel, don't reset oil

Putting the sled back in break in mode might be your quickest best option considering your timeframe , just fuel, don't reset oil

I think I might just take all the added timing off.

But I have my pipe/pcv up for sale probably going back to stock until I get something different but I got pipe and pcv for sale for 750 taking a 300 loss and will need 400 more to put towards Bikeman and bullydog. Which will hopefully install and run awesome. but really just want to get this ssi setup to work I just don't know which direction to go

Back
Top Bottom