• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Tested out new clutching and gearing

I don't really need to compare to another sled. I rode mine 1500 miles stock before I did any mods. Trust me. It's way faster. And we never went from a stop just rolls because of no studs. More testing will be done next week now my lake Is frozen and studs are going on the rush and out of break in mode. I'll have video for these test runs and a marked 1200 foot track
Well to really compare, the rush needs a pipe and min weights and spring to see if gearing is really that much of a difference.

That's fine if you don't. Just trying to let some people I had good results with my clutching and gearing. I put alot of miles on last year so just riding it I can tell it's night and day faster. Awesome trail setup. Everyone's different. That's fine. It's your sled and money.

Or just put my stock pipe back on. But what for. It's faster. I'm not going backwards. I'm doing theverything test for me and my riding style. Not 1/2 drag races like the stock gears are for. Mines corner to corner trail riding and short straight aways. I can tell you after riding the switchback and getting on the stock rush you can feel it's noticeably slower up and back shift and midrange. There's no instant power to accelerate out of a corner and deceleration and get back on it right in the power band. Next I'm gonna try a 24 tooth top gear to make a 1.68 ratio give me a couple more miles top end

Or just put my stock pipe back on. But what for. It's faster. I'm not going backwards. I'm doing theverything test for me and my riding style. Not 1/2 drag races like the stock gears are for. Mines corner to corner trail riding and short straight aways. I can tell you after riding the switchback and getting on the stock rush you can feel it's noticeably slower up and back shift and midrange. There's no instant power to accelerate out of a corner and deceleration and get back on it right in the power band. Next I'm gonna try a 24 tooth top gear to make a 1.68 ratio give me a couple more miles top end
Cant wait to try mine. You did a pipe as well??

Ya I have the bikeman full pipe and SLP can on
20151106_131803.jpg

But now you all have me thinking so I'm going back to the drawing board. I'm gonna put my stock gears back in my Switchback and race it against the rush in 1200 feet. Both sleds will have studs. Switchback will be clutched and bikeman pipe. Then I'm gonna swap a 22 tooth on and make it a 1.68 ratio like the stock night lighting rushs come with. Then swap to a 24/40 1.67 ratio and race, then 23/40 for 1.74 and race. I'm gonna video it all so we all can see the difference on gearing. I might swap on my stock pipe back on the switchback as well to do one pass with just clutching. Luckily I live on a lake so I will be able to just drive right up in the garage make a change and go back out and race. All on the same day, same temp, same hard pack. I'll post results and video in a week or two if it stays cold guys.

But now you all have me thinking so I'm going back to the drawing board. I'm gonna put my stock gears back in my Switchback and race it against the rush in 1200 feet. Both sleds will have studs. Switchback will be clutched and bikeman pipe. Then I'm gonna swap a 22 tooth on and make it a 1.68 ratio like the stock night lighting rushs come with. Then swap to a 24/40 1.67 ratio and race, then 23/40 for 1.74 and race. I'm gonna video it all so we all can see the difference on gearing. I might swap on my stock pipe back on the switchback as well to do one pass with just clutching. Luckily I live on a lake so I will be able to just drive right up in the garage make a change and go back out and race. All on the same day, same temp, same hard pack. I'll post results and video in a week or two if it stays cold guys.
That would answer a lot of questions. What helix you running?

66-44-46/ 66-46-46. I want to try a 50/44 full progressive as well
If we get any snow in maine ill let you know how a 50-44f works. My buddy stayed stock gear so we can compare. I didn't do a pipe or can as I spent a bunch already plus I don't want the added noise level

Your going to love the 50/44 full progressive for its up shift and back shift too. Very fast and responsive in trails

Your gonna do all this cause one guy on here insists the 1.61 is the best??Dunno

Afm I traded wins with you guys. My 1.75 track I put on lost about 10 mph but it comes out good. I had the red switchback assult and I brought out my lake racer turbo for a few runs but felt stupid on it because I destroyed everyone it was a blue rx1 turbo with a side exit exhaust.

Pro116, did you use to run a SRX 600 Imp? Own Chris Higgins old PS 700?

Are you sure it was me? Don't remember running a SBA? Only sled I remember getting beat by was a RX1 turbo on Fri night? Not saying it's not possible, it's lake racing. If you beat me nice run.

On Sat I got beat twice by the Axys with Hacksaw and chisels. With a different lighter driver they were able to run him down a couple of times. My sled is an ES with 144 Gold digger trail studs.

I know I ran against pros800 a bunch of times but didn't know until this summer.

Yes that's me that use to have an improve stock Srx 600 and Higgins old pro stock 700 Polaris.
I honestly don't think Inran my rx1 on Friday.There was another turbo one there but was a lot slower then mine.

Now this is the way you do testing. Can't wait to see the results.

Tom your a great guy and true to your word. Rockon

Pro116, I use to own ISDRS with Chris's brother. I think you came down to IA one time and raced. I think I talked to you at a couple NSRA races back in the day. I use to race with WolfPack racing Erhardt/Dostal.

Notadoo, always good racing at the Weenie Roast, Cable, WI. It's quite a drive over for you but it's a good time.

proS800 I'm all for testing everything. It's really the only way you know for sure. I think Brock is giving you pretty good advice. The testing I've done that ratio worked pretty good on the Axys for 1000' testing and trail riding. I envious your going to get to test so much.

Back
Top Bottom