• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Tunnel protectors

STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO CHIME IN ON THE DRILLING HOLES IN THEIR HYFAX TUNNEL PROTECTORS FOR EXTRA COOLING. MY DEALER TOLD ME IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF MY TIME. MY BUDDY DID IT TO HIS SLED AND WE ARE RUNNING THE SAME TEMPS ON TRAIL. MINE AREN'T DRILLED YET. AS BROCK SAID, IT CAN'T HURT. ALTHOUGH I'M STARTING TO THINK IT MAY BE A WASTE OF TIME? IF IT WORKED GOOD I'M SURE SOMEONE WOULD HAVE GAVE THE THUMBS UP ON HOW IT HELPED WITH TEMPS BY NOW?

Had one guy drill his and said it made no difference in temps. I also know of at least two guys running the 1.450 studs in the center and not adding the tunnel protectors. Both have several hundred miles on their sleds.

I saw a guy post he was running
Garland Mfg Co Slides - UHMW - Black - 15 - 57in 15-5700-0-02-01
But , just want to be sure they work before I order them or is there something better ??? Looks like something can be inserted right down the heat exchange groves

Had one guy drill his and said it made no difference in temps. I also know of at least two guys running the 1.450 studs in the center and not adding the tunnel protectors. Both have several hundred miles on their sleds.
I looks like they should work there is over a inch of space past the heat exchanges not sure if further protection is needed

I looks like they should work there is over a inch of space past the heat exchanges not sure if further protection is needed

I'm running 1.86 with a 1.75 track two down the center and no extra protection. No issues.

What size studs do you have in that track and how many miles have you put on that set up without any tunnel damage?

They are 1.86" tall, track has 300 miles on it and no issues so far. There is a few inches between top of track and the tunnel. I run the track a bit tight, 1/2" slack when track is relaxed.

If your running studs over 1.60" in length(eg. 1.630-1.680") in a cobra. USE tunnel protectors!!!!

I know a guy who bottomed out hard while hard trail riding that put gouges and holes in back of tunnel. Riding excessively hard on a new assault. Good thing he only studded middle as heat exchangers are on outside.

If your running studs over 1.60" in length(eg. 1.630-1.680") in a cobra. USE tunnel protectors!!!!

I know a guy who bottomed out hard while hard trail riding that put gouges and holes in back of tunnel. Riding excessively hard on a new assault. Good thing he only studded middle as heat exchangers are on outside.

GOOD INFO RIGHT THERE BROCK. MUCH APPRECIATED!!

How many studs are you guy putting in your assault's? I'm thinking about studing mine down the center only. What model/ part number slide are you using as protectors?
I used 114 Woody's 1.450" . Made my own protectors from slides (same as what you would use for the sled)

As jet said .

I would just stud down the middle.
I like the Woody trigger studs as there durable and hook so well .

Studding down the middle is all that's needed.
These sleds transfer so good, it'll hook great.
I run 1.5" stud boy power point.
I also used hyfax for protectors.
RMK hyfax cut down to 65" long.
Drilled 1/2" holes every inch.

Not many miles yet, but so far so good.

I’m glad I found this site. I just got a ‘18 adventure fan with the 155” x1.6 cobra track. I want to stud it for safety, I would like to put two down the middle every other window. Any ideas or thoughts? And with it being a fan, I should have plenty of space for studs.

The protectors I installed are from Polaris. They are about 6 inches longer than the rail in the tunnel that they mount on.is this right? They do go all the way down the actual heat exchanger in tunnel but the last six inches are not hooked to the tunnel due to the mounting rail don't run the whole length of the tunnel 2019 assault

I'm not adding any extra. Have the Cobra track and using Woody's 1.450" in the center only. Looks like plenty of clearance. The track lugs will hit the protectors that are on the coolers before the studs hit the tunnel.

View attachment 1419 question , my 2013 assault doesnt have them aluminum rails on it

View attachment 1420

Back
Top Bottom