• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Where to start on MY clutching

I'm sorry I don't understand smaller is better.
lol, my bad. I have two equal in spring rates, springs,,, and the Polaris spring is smaller in diameter and sits a little shorter. I was wondering if the double shot peened had anything to do with it. The springs are a 155/222, one is a team the other a polaris

Smaller in diameter? Do you mean the wire diameter or the outside diameter of the spring itself? Same rate springs with different heights and different wire diameter will shift differently.

Smaller in diameter? Do you mean the wire diameter or the outside diameter of the spring itself? Same rate springs with different heights and different wire diameter will shift differently.
Ya I was wrong, my buddy said it was a 155/222, I checked by Polaris color and its a 123/203

The 123/203 is the oem 800 spring.
He wants to just put stiffer springs in and not gear. He will see next week as I have done all that you guys recommended, 1.74, 120/310, 50/44 with 140/200 and maine is finally getting snow so I can dust him

Why are there so many Poo primary springs breaking. Mine was broken on my Indy in the second year.

IF YOUR SLED CAN HOLD GOOD RPM, DONT BOTHER WITH ADDING MORE FINISH TENSION THIS WILL KEEP THE SECONDARY FROM FULLY OPENING OR JUST SLOW THE LAST BIT OF THE SHIFT DOWN. WEAKER SPRINGS USUALLY WORK BEST FOR ACCELERATION, HOWEVER IF YOUR JUST LACKING A BIT OF RPM ON THE BIG END THIS SPRING WOULD HELP. CANT HURT TO TRY IT OUT,ONE NEVER KNOWS...

Back
Top Bottom