• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Who has lined them up?

mcAxysSB44

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2019 Polaris 850 Indy XC
Still waiting for my sled to come in. While I/we wait...tell us how you MY2015 owners faired vs other sleds.

What do you have (shorty or SB, X or S)? What was it against? What was the result?

Let's hear some real world results.

Last edited:
I have raced quite a few sleds I have a sb pro x 800, depending on traction will take most sleds out of the hole of not will catch them in first 100' usually
Holds till 85-90 mph then usually get passed this is on longer stretches in any 500' drag it will walk most sleds

Just by fine tuning clutching and gearing and freeing up some resistance in track/chain.
I gained 5 plus lengths over stock formation. I have a swb s.

Now as for racing other brands. It's all about the hole shot which the uncoupled skid does very well. I raced some e tec s of my friends and did well in 1200 feet. I have 162 studs in my track. I am getting full shift out too. So the top end is there, you just have to get that 10% overdrive and no one will top end u.
Keep in mind. The pipe made for the 800 ho is a bottom and mid range monster. It wasn't made as a top end pipe.

Lined up my bone stock Pro-S SB against a 13 Rene X. Had a nice looong straitaway, raced for almost a mile. I jumped him out of the hole, he never was able to reel me in. Speedo read 113 mph I think.

No mods whatsoever. Not even studs. Was on hardpack, freshly groomed trail, air temps were between -10 to -5 F. He was unstudded as well.

Early last year. F800 Barney 07ish ,07 rev,15 doo, 12 pror all claimed 100 percent stock various miles no studs. All 1/4 tracks except poo was 1.325. Dead stop 1000 ft run. Pulled them each out of the hole with my prox 1 3/4 no studs. And held them off for the approx. 1000 ft. The 15 doo was coming and he said a lil longer he would pass me. Probably a true statement. The ability to get out on them is how I was able to hold them off. Not sure how would pan out if I couldn't get out on them.

My 15 had the rip 2 track and all I did was spin. Every race it seemed. I also had the belt smear crap going on. I was beat by a xf cat that I could walk easy with my pro r. Beat badly by a xrs etec 800. I bought my 15 on a trip and never geared or even had snow at home to test so I am sure that had a lot to do with it. My 16 is getting the 1.74 ratio before it leaves the dealer. I also went with the cobra track this time. Adding a gates belt as well. Hope its better. I should mention no one could keep up with me in the twisties though. No one. And I am a fat out of shape guy. The sled is as good as it gets in the trails.

I've raced alot of sleds at the weenie roast drag races in cable with last winter on my 2015 pro s switchback 800. All stock with 144 studs.
Beat a 2013 cat RR 800 with speedwerx clutch and studs and you pipe and can.
We've raced several times and on different days and the axys always pulled away.
Ran a El tigre 800 beat that by 2 sleds
Renagade 800 beat that by 2. Ran a rush axys and he got me out of the whole but I came around and passed him both times. The modded turbo cat sleds beat me. But I beat alot of the stock turbo sleds. Beat a older pro r switxhback.
Fun day can't wait to do it again

I've raced alot of sleds at the weenie roast drag races in cable with last winter on my 2015 pro s switchback 800. All stock with 144 studs.
We've raced several times and on different days and the axys always pulled away.
Renagade 800 beat that by 2. Ran a rush axys and he got me out of the whole but I came around and passed him both times. The modded turbo cat sleds beat me. But I beat alot of the stock turbo sleds. Beat a older pro r switxhback.

I remember your sled.I came out there for about 4 runs with my blue turbo rx1 with the side exit pipe.

Nice! My sled was down on power that day to. Exhaust gasket came out and muffler was leaking. But man what a fun day

Hey bud, post the videos like you did on fb. We want to see more of your vids.
Post some on here. :D

Lined up my bone stock Pro-S SB against a 13 Rene X. Had a nice looong straitaway, raced for almost a mile. I jumped him out of the hole, he never was able to reel me in. Speedo read 113 mph I think.
Div20

What tools are you using to pull up this graph like that??
Its the software that comes with a stalker radar gun. My friend used to have one...it was very helpful when testing. We would simply setup gun on a tripod and run the sled from a stop away from the radar gun.....would typically measure speed/time etc up to about 1500' away from the gun.

Awesome guys, I thought so.
When you have more information, I would appreciate it .
I used a timing system and radar gun. I used to have the egt hooked up to play back for my clutching.

A little confused on the bold? timing system and a radar gun?
I liked the playback recording also. Used to use the racpak avenger with egt, water temp, rpm, time, jackshaft rpm which would convert to clutch ratio.
Used to drive myself nuts with all the data. Ha! Now it just sits on my old hot rod collecting dust.
Yes, radar gun,timing system and the etg racepak.

A little confused on the bold? timing system and a radar gun?
I liked the playback recording also. Used to use the racpak avenger with egt, water temp, rpm, time, jackshaft rpm which would convert to clutch ratio.
Used to drive myself nuts with all the data. Ha! Now it just sits on my old hot rod collecting dust.
I had one of those also on my 2000 XCR 800. That thing had a lot of data that if you knew how to interpret was very helpful indeed.

Back
Top Bottom