• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Who has lined them up?

I was anxious to see some line up at the Eastern Nationals last month..but to my surprise I did not see 1 newer Polaris..Was bummed out for sure..I have ran my buddies 800 Assault numerous times, He doesn't fair vary well, but he keeps trying..

I was anxious to see some line up at the Eastern Nationals last month..but to my surprise I did not see 1 newer Polaris..Was bummed out for sure..I have ran my buddies 800 Assault numerous times, He doesn't fair vary well, but he keeps trying..
What size track is on the Assault? They are known to be the sleepers of the Polaris 800s
And with my INDY I destroy my Buddies AXYS and another Pro X does a little better but still not close to my INDY.

What size track is on the Assault? They are known to be the sleepers of the Polaris 800s
And with my INDY I destroy my Buddies AXYS and another Pro X does a little better but still not close to my INDY.

He has a 1.375 ice ripper or ice attack I think.. Im running a 129" 1.6 ice cobra..

They usually come with a 1 3/8 Cobra Eddie. And they are sneaky fast on top end. A friend of mine had his speedo indicating 116 mph on Hero snow.

My pro s switch. I had it doing 112 mph in 1200' last year on ice. It toke some clutching,gearing,suspension tweaks to do it. But it's fast now.
The assaults are fast too. I had a 2012 doing 112 mph in 1200' too. Nothing could touch it in 60 foot times or the first 2-300 feet .

My pro s switch. I had it doing 112 mph in 1200' last year on ice. It toke some clutching,gearing,suspension tweaks to do it. But it's fast now.

is that with lower gearing. Wonder what it would do with higher gearing

Slower. They're already geared way too high to begin with.

Im leaving it stock and adding SLP. I just want to blow my buddy away he has a cat 800. don't really want to gear down and lose top end. Have heard the Pro X which has the lower gears has low top end

Im leaving it stock and adding SLP. I just want to blow my buddy away he has a cat 800. don't really want to gear down and lose top end. Have heard the Pro X which has the lower gears has low top end
You won't loose top end you will gain top end. With stock gearing all that I could get for mph was 106 and the belt never went to the top of the primary. When I geared mine down to 1.74 I gained 6 miles per hour and because the engine didn't have to overcome that tall gearing and the belt went to the top of the primary. Remember the secondary is torque sensing. If it senses a heavy load it won't let the primary shift all of the way out. The Pro X has to turn a taller lugged track that is 1.75 inches vs. the Pro S which has a track with lugs that are 1/2 inch shorter hence the lower gearing. Ideal gearing for the Pro X would be 1.81. When I geared mine lower I factored in 10% overdrive which would give me around 112 mph.

Mine was geared as bigfuse mentioned.

The 1.70 ratios are perfect for fast trail and some top end.

I had to do some work to get my axys at that fast run in that distance.

My clutch needed rebuilding from factory. Spider to tower clearance was way out of spec. So are a lot of the axys 800's, that's why you hear them chatter at idle. I've seen way to many this way.
Anyways, as I mentioned above . I have 162 studs in my cobra.

The 1.61 ratio will lug racing and be lucky to get a 1:1 ratio out of it with clutching aligned and everything set up almost perfect. It's your choice??

looks like the pro x has a 70 pitch chain and I can use that. but they have 41 tooth bottom sprocket. Does anyone have the polaris part number for the bottom gear?

looks like the pro x has a 70 pitch chain and I can use that. but they have 41 tooth bottom sprocket. Does anyone have the polaris part number for the bottom gear?
Do you have a Pro S or Pro X?

Pro S. Just was looking on the parts diagram for the pro x figured I could get the part numbers. Just need the Polaris part number for 40 tooth bottom sprocket

Back
Top Bottom