• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Who has lined them up?

Pro S. Just was looking on the parts diagram for the pro x figured I could get the part numbers. Just need the Polaris part number for 40 tooth bottom sprocket
3221115 is the pn for the chain.

yep thats easy one to find need a 40 tooth gear part number. wish i still had my IQR service manual had all kinds of handy info like that in there

yep thats easy one to find need a 40 tooth gear part number. wish i still had my IQR service manual had all kinds of handy info like that in there
The 40 tooth sprocket pn is 3222099. While you're in there I'd put in a chain tensioner from an IQ race sled. They're the roller style. You won't have to adjust your chain as frequently. If you do put in that roller soak it in chain case oil while you're ripping apart your chain case.

appreciate it. something interesting did a search and says that sprocket originally came on the 500 xc edge haha.

Two Etec 800 smoked them. FYI Next year maybe they will do some maintenance on their sleds before they go riding not use pull them out of the barn and say they are good to go.

You can get gears from several aftermarket sources. they don't have to be from Polaris. Team, EPI, others all quality brands.

I ran one a half dozen times or so. It had 1.5 track and clutch work and my X had clutch work. X took every run due to holeshot and was far enough ahead the Indy could not run it down in under 800 or so. Indy had more speed as the driver said he was gaining hard in every run. I drove it and found it had more mid to top pull but lacked the punch off the line the X had. Also had an S out at the same time and it could not hang with either Indy or X
The axys 800 primary clutch and the way polaris designed the pipe is not meant for top end.
Primary clutch needs tlc to get a 1:1 and more. (Usually a little machining,more weight,different springs)
Pipe, was designed for low and mid hard pull,not top end.
You can get the axys to top end good with some work on above things I mentioned.
It's a corner to corner sled from factory stock period!!!

Ok tunning on the primary or secondary, I'm not trying to be a jerk just want to know what you were dealing with against those sleds

Just to clarify, my idea of top end pull is not top speed rather acceleration till it quits pulling. I will need a new pipe for this?

No you don't need a new pipe for this. I'm just telling you what the pipe was designed for. It's low and mid . It's made for corner to corner.

As for top end. Shoot for what you want out of your sled. I try to achieve 110 mph +
for a fast trail sled in 800 cc myself.

100 is plenty as there is no where I ride to hit even that, well safely anyway. Do you count on overdrive for your setups, if so what percent do you use?
Since its fast trail set up(not racing). I do count on over drive yes. 1:1 is good for racing. I use over drive for fast trail as guys want the most mph. It's never right or wrong with anyone s set ups. It's what you want out of it.
I have buddies that sit on the lake all day racing for top mph and one's who off trail with the same sleds. Just way different set ups.
I like to get 100+ mph, more like 105 to 110mph. Just me

Since its fast trail set up(not racing). I do count on over drive yes. 1:1 is good for racing. I use over drive for fast trail as guys want the most mph. It's never right or wrong with anyone s set ups. It's what you want out of it.
I have buddies that sit on the lake all day racing for top mph and one's who off trail with the same sleds. Just way different set ups.
I like to get 100+ mph, more like 105 to 110mph. Just me

I don't mean to keep asking the same question about gearing but just want to make sure I got it.

Im not drag racing at organized ice races or anything like that. Just imprompt races across fields with maybe tracks wore in, rail bed groomed trails, occasional lake drag race when we go up to tug hill/old forge. I got a buddy with a procross 800 cat, another guy just got a 13 etec 800. Do you guys recommend I gear down my axys 800 and it will give me the best chance to win bragging rights? I got a slp pipe(yeah i know not the best) and clutch kit, gates belt already. I want to show them this Polaris tail flap real bad. I think I will like the lower gearing I had a IQR and that thing was awesome would stretch your arms out until 85 lol. I just dot want it to hurt my chances in a top end drag race.

here is a vid of a drag race from a couple years ago im on the IQR. You think gearing down would be better for this kind of conditions. Skip to 5:05 min

Last edited:
This is what I recommend.
Pro S cobra =1.74
Pro x 1.75"= 1.81

Not all will agree. It's a fast trail set up

what is "over drive"? So 1.74 is 102 MPH at 8250 rpm at 1:1 ratio. Seems like that would be pretty low for these sleds that get to 100 pretty quick and some guys are hitting 116 on the speedo? Where stock gearing is 110 at 8250. Not saying your wrong just trying to understand how gearing for 102 mph (1.74) would be a good idea? Here is a gear chart I found

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 8.56.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 8.56.28 PM.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
I ran one a half dozen times or so. It had 1.5 track and clutch work and my X had clutch work. X took every run due to holeshot and was far enough ahead the Indy could not run it down in under 800 or so. Indy had more speed as the driver said he was gaining hard in every run. I drove it and found it had more mid to top pull but lacked the punch off the line the X had. Also had an S out at the same time and it could not hang with either Indy or X

The INDY wasn't clutched very well then. I beat a Mildly tuned Pro-X by 5-6 lengths in 660.
I hope he tunes it better this Winter because I run a 1.5" track so we will hook up real well and see which one wins this Winter.

I'll let him know his skills are lacking...lol. That will be fun.:Carbs
So have you seen any Axys run well at the drags? You would think they should run ok in the short races.
Theres only a couple AXYS in my area. The Pro-X is quicker than the Pro-S.
Is your Buddies INDY geared differently, did you change your gearing?
And I didn't mean he didn't know what he was doing. Just that there's a lot to be gained if you are beating him by a lot.

what is "over drive"? So 1.74 is 102 MPH at 8250 rpm at 1:1 ratio. Seems like that would be pretty low for these sleds that get to 100 pretty quick and some guys are hitting 116 on the speedo? Where stock gearing is 110 at 8250. Not saying your wrong just trying to understand how gearing for 102 mph (1.74) would be a good idea? Here is a gear chart I found

Screenshot_2015-08-14-08-44-30.png

Your correct my friend.
8250 rpm = 102 mph @ 1:1 ratio.
Times this by 10% let's say as this is achievable.
102x 10%= 10.2, add this 10.2 + 102= 112.2 mph now . You'll know you got this when you do a marker test on primary and it's all wiped off.

You got me convinced I think I understand. I don't think I need any more speed then that and lower gearing will make sure i get there

Hah
All you have to know with lower gearing is,
don't race on lake
pick a starting spot closer to the finish of the straightaway rather than the beginning= no time for them to top out
when you think someone is going to start reeling you in you let off, pump your fist in victory
do this a few times then ask them if they had enough
haha I know how to do that well I'm coming off an iqr I never got beat with it until after 85 mph lol

Mine is stock gear, I think he changed gears with track.
What 60ft times do you usually run? Some spinning puts me at 2.3 and a decent grab is 2-2.1
That 60 foot time with trail studs and on hard pack snow or ice??

Back
Top Bottom