• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Who has lined them up?

Same in my area about the studs... No thanks and not needed.
On perfect conditions with about 3-4" of loose snow I was getting 1.79-1.90 for 60' times.
Best 660' times were 7.4s @ 91-92mph. That was for 5 runs compared to 3 Other times was 7.6 at 90mph.
This was on the same day testing but my best setup gave me the fastest times I listed.

Rubber and snow. No one knows what studs look like here. What kinda times are typical with studs on snow?
With round trail studs and suspension set up properly you can get 1.75 second 60' times on hard pack. On ice with chisels and .5" track it can be 1.60-1.75 seconds
Same in my area about the studs... No thanks and not needed.
On perfect conditions with about 3-4" of loose snow I was getting 1.79-1.90 for 60' times.
Best 660' times were 7.4s @ 91-92mph. That was for 5 runs compared to 3 Other times was 7.6 at 90mph.
This was on the same day testing but my best setup gave me the fastest times I listed.
I shoot for 1.75 seconds with trail studs on hard pack. The race is won with the 60' time :D

All you have to know with lower gearing is,
don't race on lake
pick a starting spot closer to the finish of the straightaway rather than the beginning= no time for them to top out
when you think someone is going to start reeling you in you let off, pump your fist in victory
do this a few times then ask them if they had enough
If your buddy is the starter, he should slightly wiggle his foot milliseconds before his arm drop, you leave on the wiggle, others leave on the arm drop. HOLESHOT is all you need to say later.

With round trail studs and suspension set up properly you can get 1.75 second 60' times on hard pack. On ice with chisels and .5" track it can be 1.60-1.75 seconds

I shoot for 1.75 seconds with trail studs on hard pack. The race is won with the 60' time :D
So my 60' times on snow with no studs is pretty damn good.
Thus being the reason I DRILLED everything last year at our local races!

Last edited:
If you want 60', 330', 660' and 1000' with ETs and MPH, then IMO the G-Tech is the best choice especially for $200-$250 depending on what model.
And honestly that race I posted was about the closest to hard packed I ever raced and I hooked up deadly.
Ya have to know where to setup off the starting line.
We pretty much always race in loose snow. If there's a race where the snow is hard packes I will not go because of the 1.5" track.

I still remember the comments you made last winter when I posted the vids on the other site... I still LMAO when I watch these vids I think of your comments!
I just love watching the competition get their asses handed to them by a supposedly 143 horsepower Indy.

I'll race anything anytime when I dial in my 60 foot times for that type of track condition.:D

Who has lined up them AXYS with an INDY...

I have a stock motor Indy SP 800 with Gabes clutch kit and an AXYS S 800 with the SLP pipe/can/resistor/clutch kit. Pretty much a dead tie across NOT perfect packed snow/lake. This Indy has GPS-ed at 108 with slight track spin year before on a hard-glazed plowed road. My AXYS ran 114 MPH indicated likely with likely some spin on a similar road. Indy also BARELY lost--up top only--to my prior Cat 800 with D & D Riot Kit worth something like 14 HP and completely new TAPP primary/STI secondary (Because Cat clutches suck). All sleds ran Ripsaw 1.25 unstudded.

This year I'm gearing down the AXYS--1.74. Adding a Ripsaw II 1.5" (new track this year); Indy Dan balanced clutches with his primary weights for tuning; Indy Dan also put in a softer primary spring. Going to use a Gates belt.

Then thinking maybe trying the SSI piston durability kit (I have 3200 miles--likely not needed--but +3-4 HP claimed); SSI Billet head/domes; SSI titanium pipe/can combo (more weight off and banking on the rumored mid-range superiority over SLP)--and do I need fuel controller?

Priceless Performance--a local shop ( Gaylord, MI) tuner of some of the worlds quickest SNOW drag Cats now offers Polaris tuning and parts and has a track dyno to boot. Ideally--I'd like Jason to dyno the current SLP set-up and compare to the SSI set-up.

We have ethanol in Michigan--so I best leave it in Eth mode. Always have on Eth mode with both Polarises. How am I doing? Yes--I have a little more money than brains. I'll let him be the brains.

Last edited:
That's the same one I always run against. When I bought my sled, Right from new, I had the shop do a track change. I also installed an 8" big wheel kit with a 1/4" offset.
When we ran here I knew there was something just not right about my sled. It would go for 300' or so and then totally fall flat.
On the trails it totally felt like it was going to buck me off. That axys owner actually pointed it out to me that something didn't look right about the wheels.
I took the skid out and realized the axle was in upside down. So I installed it properly amd went back to this same spot the next day and my 660' times were like 2 seconds faster I believe it was amd 5-6 mph... In that range anyways.

See how the track wraps around the rear wheel and on the ground it starts to wrap around the wheel coming up instead of sitting flat on the ground.
image.jpg

The axle was actually pushing down and backwards and causing major drag.

Just think how long your slides would last though LOL

Just think how long your slides would last though LOL
Ohhhh I know....but considering that, I couldn't handle loosing one more race to that AXYS.
I beat it most of the time to 400-500' with the track like this. All the videos are posted on my YouTube page that we ran that day.

See how the track wraps around the rear wheel and on the ground it starts to wrap around the wheel coming up instead of sitting flat on the ground. View attachment 678
Did u offset the axle?

Mine was geared as bigfuse mentioned.

The 1.70 ratios are perfect for fast trail and some top end.

I had to do some work to get my axys at that fast run in that distance.

My clutch needed rebuilding from factory. Spider to tower clearance was way out of spec. So are a lot of the axys 800's, that's why you hear them chatter at idle. I've seen way to many this way.
Anyways, as I mentioned above . I have 162 studs in my cobra.

The 1.61 ratio will lug racing and be lucky to get a 1:1 ratio out of it with clutching aligned and everything set up almost perfect. It's your choice??
Do you have any idea what the best ratio should be for a 2017 xcr 600? 1.35 cobra track

See how the track wraps around the rear wheel and on the ground it starts to wrap around the wheel coming up instead of sitting flat on the ground. View attachment 678

Are your inside wheels oem rubber wheels?

If you want 60', 330', 660' and 1000' with ETs and MPH, then IMO the G-Tech is the best choice especially for $200-$250 depending on what model.
And honestly that race I posted was about the closest to hard packed I ever raced and I hooked up deadly.
Ya have to know where to setup off the starting line.
We pretty much always race in loose snow. If there's a race where the snow is hard packes I will not go because of the 1.5" track.
I'm still pissed that someone stole my 14 Indy 800. :mad: That thing really rolled on top end!

Back
Top Bottom