• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Who's doing what mods ?

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Just wanna start a thread for what everyone is doing for mods on their sleds :rolleyes:

We got some good stuff coming Letitsnow

Stocker with machined and ported cylinder, head, pipe, fuel controller with lower pipe temp and a big bore too. :)

Just wanna start a thread for what everyone is doing for mods on their sleds :rolleyes:

We got some good stuff coming Letitsnow

Stocker with machined and ported cylinder, head, pipe, fuel controller with lower pipe temp and a big bore too. :)
Is this the big bore from Caputo Performance that was at dynotech last spring that made big horsepower?

Hopefully Buying a 850 just not from ski doo lol converting back to 2.52 and a cobra track looking at some 10 tooth drivers to see if the fit with a cobra
With be testing back to back with tied and p2 if it snows as much as it rains here should be a good season

Hopefully Buying a 850 just not from ski doo lol converting back to 2.52 and a cobra track looking at some 10 tooth drivers to see if the fit with a cobra
With be testing back to back with tied and p2 if it snows as much as it rains here should be a good season
Call Avid for the 10 tooth drivers to fit hydro formed shaft Div20

Anything around 500 grams with rings, clips, bearing and wrist pin is light(complete piston weight

The alloys that wiscoe are now using makes it better then wossners as of late yes. Wossners collapse quite a bit in 2-3000 miles.

There is only 3 alloys(numbered) out there for forged pistons. Good,better , best.

It used to be that running forged Wiseco's vs oem cast meant more warm up time so they wouldn't seize and a little more clearance for the expansion. Does that all still apply to these new Wiseco's?

It used to be that running forged Wiseco's vs oem cast meant more warm up time so they wouldn't seize and a little more clearance for the expansion. Does that all still apply to these new Wiseco's?

The engineers at wiscoe said the new alloy doesn't expand and contract as much as the other two alloys forged pistons use.

So, tolerances can be tighter

Brock, Are Wiesco's new alloy pistons still using their classic style ring end closure or did they change that also?? I think and I have said this before. that that is a problem as the ring ends wear prematurely causing piston scuffing right in line with both ring end pins. I have 6 pistons on the bench right now with that type of ring end closure which have the same scuffing on all of them and I also have several stock Polaris and Arctic pistons that I have used in PRO 800 engines with no evidence of scuffing in the same places and these have the Polaris/Arctic style of ring end closure. I am interested in the lighter weight pistons!!
gtwitch in wyoming

The hybrid alloys that wiscoe are now using makes it better then wossners as of late yes. Wossners collapse quite a bit in 2-3000 miles.

There is only 3 alloys out there for forged pistons. Good,better , best.
Div20.
IMAG1275.jpg

Brock, Are Wiesco's new alloy pistons still using their classic style ring end closure or did they change that also?? I think and I have said this before. that that is a problem as the ring ends wear prematurely causing piston scuffing right in line with both ring end pins. I have 6 pistons on the bench right now with that type of ring end closure which have the same scuffing on all of them and I also have several stock Polaris and Arctic pistons that I have used in PRO 800 engines with no evidence of scuffing in the same places and these have the Polaris/Arctic style of ring end closure. I am interested in the lighter weight pistons!!
gtwitch in wyoming
Same style end pin not dead center in ring area..

IMG_2178.JPG
I think I showed you this before George? It's Kelsey's wiscoe but the same rings on all wiscoe and wossner pistons.

I've never had a problem with these rings?
The pistons are only as good as its design/alloys to succeed or fail. Some have a good design, some don't. Compression height is key for durability and Polaris has that part right.

Anyways, it's not all about pistons for mods,
The first mod I would be doing is in cvt system and getting rid of the tss04 team secondary and replacing it with a P2 or tied. Night and day difference.

gtwitch in wyoming

iam doing a bikemann head and thinking of doing a small degree timing key, What are thoughts about those? also going to go from my stock cobra track to a 1.5 Talon track, already had bikemann pipe and bullydog prog. with put together clutch kit from words of wisdom on this site, adjustable weights, 1.86 gearing, didnt have a problem with belt last year, and could do 100mph on any type of snow, I also weigh 290, reason that i went with low gears... also cut od into clutch... could pull a 2015 800 xrs ski doo that would beat me on mid and top previous years.. sled is a pro x so not really built for speed to begin with.. sled went into sever det once on flowage that I kept it wide open for way to long, guess i was just trying to push the limit with it..

Back
Top Bottom