• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Who's doing what mods ?

On the cold start ? I'm thinking so

They should install a program in ecu as I've said on here that the sled can't move on every start up until proper temp/ warm up
They already have the bypass to help this
Anyways

I need education!

What are the typical 800 flaws?

Do 600s have less flaws?

If you had mega bucks and time what size and configuration trail motor would you build?
longer stroke,smaller bore ..haha and center to center for the rods needs to be around 155 mm, not 128 like it is now, that's why the transfers are so small the rods are to close together, needs to be widened out for bigger transfers. So without reinventing the wheel and using what we have been delt with , one way to help increase transfer size is a smaller bore, and of course stroke it..

Last edited:
IMG_2612.JPG

I have a 2015 Axys 800 with the gear change to 1.74, SSI pipe mod with a power commander V with DTR map with timing.
I have gabes clutch kit. Running 140 1.625 Lake racers . Anyway when I get close to 1000 ft. it will go into det. in non ethenol mode.
SSI says to put it ethenol mode and should take care of the det. I was under the understanding that when you start in ethanol mode
you are down a little in hp. It is really fast till it goes into det. What pipe could I run in non ethanol mode with the power commander?

I have a 2015 Axys 800 with the gear change to 1.74, SSI pipe mod with a power commander V with DTR map with timing.
I have gabes clutch kit. Running 140 1.625 Lake racers . Anyway when I get close to 1000 ft. it will go into det. in non ethenol mode.
SSI says to put it ethenol mode and should take care of the det. I was under the understanding that when you start in ethanol mode
you are down a little in hp. It is really fast till it goes into det. What pipe could I run in non ethanol mode with the power commander?
I've had many discussions on ssi pipe mod

What's the timing for our maps we made at dtr ??
Might need to take some away , but need to know this first?

Add fuel in pcv map, around 5% to start

Let's see you're map first

I don't the answers to your questions. I did the pipe mod for the sixteen season and was having det problems all the time.
Got the Power Commander from DTR with the map already loaded in. Jim said it was the newest map with timing.
This was February of 2016.

Download the file from Dyno jet on you're laptop. Once done hook it to pcv on sled. Power up sled. Go into the Dyno jet file and click get map.
Then u cam click fuel table and timing. From there u can change it.

I can help along with doc. Just need a screenshot of you're fuel map and ignition map

As Brock said we built that map a couple yrs ago, the issue your going to have is if you take and drown it with fuel your power is going in the shitter, same will happen with the timing.however that is your best recourse to help eliminate the det. That pipe is fine for shorter distances, shorten the distance your racing.. lol The exhaust heat can't get out, and it's worse the hotter it gets, air flow drops performance suffers..

Next time there is snow and you can test, unplug the coils from the pcv and just run the fuel map and see if it dets, if it does , then the timing map is not doing it. If it doesn't det, take some out, what ever number is in the 100 column, take away 1.. so if it's a 2 make it a 1, and so on. Actually your best bet is to get rid of that pipe mod or take the pipe apart and shorten the inner stinger and widen it at the one end at the center section so it tapers out like a velocity ring for a lectron carb.

Set pipe mod aside. Get a jaws, bmp or slp pipe. They all work fine with the dtr maps we made .

Get good fuel .Put a bmp pipe on and run in non ethanol mode with pcv map u have. If it goes into det mode , take a little timing away and add fuel were it det'd . Or put in e mode

I seen those covers a few year's ago and wondered then about durability

Ya, thought I'd try them.
I carry extra clutches on trips anyways
What I like is that it take a Polaris bushing

Bolts are almost 40 grams lighter alone.
IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2706.JPG

Back
Top Bottom