• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2016 800 AXYS BUILD

Haulin-the-mail

WELL HERE WE GO!!!!
Did my Snow check in April and it's Finally here.
Let the fun begin!

Build schedule
So far this is what is on the board.
Have ordered a Bikeman Pipe And Bullydog controller
Meeting up with PSP Crew at DTR in December and will be testing several pipes and fuel controllers.
144 Studs
22/38 gearing
Gates belt
Machine and index Clutches.
I will be posting my findings re HP/ Reliability /mileage/ Fun Factor etc!!
Majority on my riding is in Quebec so it is all wide and fast trail.
Thanks to PSP members that have PMed me and have started me off in the right direction.
Let's get to the Dyno soon !!!!! Div20

image.jpg image.jpg

Only thing I don't like about the bully dog is it voids warranty with the ecu reflash. Otherwise we have alot of the same stuff! Can't wait to ride!!!

Its bull that the bullydog will void your warranty just scare tactics dealers say to keep people from messing with them. Obviously yeah it will if you don't put the stock tune back on when you take it to the dealer. But the dealer can't tell it was flashed. Only at the engineering level they can tell how many times it has been flashed and thats it they can't tell that it was an aftermarket tune that was installed.

Last edited:
My dealer let's me do all I want as long as I can turn it back to stock cuz they have to take pictures to send to polaris and they can tell if it has been reflashed and not a polaris reflash from what I understand with the new sleds. If u get a powercomander it doesn't reflash the ecu. Not as adjustable I know. Idk I would check before you spend $700 on the bully dog and tune cuz what if it does blow up and polaris doesn't cover it. Will bikeman cover it cuz it was thier tune? Idk

WELL HERE WE GO!!!!
Did my Snow check in April and it's Finally here.
Let the fun begin!

Build schedule
So far this is what is on the board.
Have ordered a Bikeman Pipe And Bullydog controller
Meeting up with PSP Crew at DTR in December and will be testing several pipes and fuel controllers.
144 Studs
22/38 gearing
Gates belt
Machine and index Clutches.
I will be posting my findings re HP/ Reliability /mileage/ Fun Factor etc!!
Majority on my riding is in Quebec so it is all wide and fast trail.
Thanks to PSP members that have PMed me and have started me off in the right direction.
Let's get to the Dyno soon !!!!! Div20

View attachment 726 View attachment 727

Can't wait to get ur sled dialed in and compare from ur doo

image.jpg image.jpg
Pulled the tape measure out and Started comparing the 2 today.
It is crazy how similar they are by measurement.
Keeping in mind that I lowered my XRS by 1.5 " to same height as Renegade X.
Put the 18" windshield on my XRS so it would no look so different in the pic.
Biggest difference is the length Axys is 7" shorter from Ski tip to back bumper
Rest is pretty much the same.
Top of body height measures the same
Floor to handle bars same
Top of running board to bars same
Centre of skirts to rear axle same.
Seat height same
Axys engine seems to sit a bit lower 1/2" in the chassis
And the secondary position is way lower in the Axys
But when you sit on one then the other back to back the fit is different even if they measure the same.
The Axys seems to let you sit up closer to the front than the XRS
Being 6'-2" tall ,the Axys body looks like it will protect against the wind more
Really like the way the running board stays wider and kicks up at the end.
The Axys seems to be the better fit Without making any kind of adjustment .
Can't wait to make this sled fly!!Div20:JumpLetitsnow

Its bull that the bullydog will void your warranty just scare tactics dealers say to keep people from messing with them. Obviously yeah it will if you don't put the stock tune back on when you take it to the dealer. But the dealer can't tell it was flashed. Only at the engineering level they can tell how many times it has been flashed and thats it they can't tell that it was an aftermarket tune that was installed.
If there is a will there is a way!

IMG_20151128_141447.jpg IMG_20151128_141458.jpg Studding complete 144 1.45 Woody's triggers 3/8 " above Lug should hook hard!!! Over 3.5 lbs of weight in the track with this combo over conventional washer and nut and Gold digger1.325

Can't wait to cross these road again!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150325_112946.jpg
    IMG_20150325_112946.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20150325_112930.jpg
    IMG_20150325_112930.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_20150301_080744.jpg
    IMG_20150301_080744.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 326
View attachment 749 View attachment 750 Studding complete 144 1.45 Woody's triggers 3/8 " above Lug should hook hard!!! Over 3.5 lbs of weight in the track with this combo over conventional washer and nut and Gold digger1.325
Meant to say this set up is 3.5 lbs lighter than conventional aluminum nut ,washer and 1.325 Gold Digger stud
1.45 Trigger +STRS Backer =1.00 oz
1.325 Gold Digger aluminum Washer and round backer plate= 1.40 oz

Never used them. Just meant that they don't look durable for road crossings, concrete gas station drives etc. Lot of those where we ride in Wisconsin.

Have you had issues with the Triggers?
This is my First time using them and the STRS backers.
I figure I should be fine Majority of my Riding is Northern Quebec ,Cochrane and north of Huntsville.
I have run triggers and they last just fine if your easy on them when crossing roads, stud boy lake racers are a bit more durable ....

Back
Top Bottom