• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2016 800 AXYS BUILD

WELL HERE WE GO!!!!
Did my Snow check in April and it's Finally here.
Let the fun begin!

Build schedule
So far this is what is on the board.
Have ordered a Bikeman Pipe And Bullydog controller
Meeting up with PSP Crew at DTR in December and will be testing several pipes and fuel controllers.
144 Studs
22/38 gearing
Gates belt
Machine and index Clutches.
I will be posting my findings re HP/ Reliability /mileage/ Fun Factor etc!!
Majority on my riding is in Quebec so it is all wide and fast trail.
Thanks to PSP members that have PMed me and have started me off in the right direction.
Let's get to the Dyno soon !!!!! Div20

View attachment 726 View attachment 727
Well another season for the history books.
Wish I could have had one more ride.almost had my sled 100% perfect and I mean perfect.
After my last ride in Quebec with Brock,Doc & Tim we pretty much got this sled dialled in as one wicked trail weapon! One more ride and the clutching would have been perfect.just have to wait till next year!
So I have to say this about the Pro S!
Hands down this is the best handling sled I have ever owned !
It goes where u point it corners flat and eats bumps for breakfast.
It is a different feel than the Ski Doo R-motion which I have put 3 seasons 17000 km on.
In comparison the Axys is way easier to dial in and once it is dialled in it does not need to be tweeked as often in the trail as the R motion do to conditions and storage weight.
The Axys does bottom out a lot more than the R motion but it is not a spinal crushing bottom that is delivered when the R motion bottoms out. If u don't bottom u are not using all your suspension and just bouncing your ass off the seat.
As for the stutter bumps along the trail where the groomer has never been the Axys totally out performs the R motion. Just stand at th axys point and let the sled move around you. This is where the big difference comes in with the polaris front end.it is soft and smooth in those conditions the rmotion eats the bumps but the front end pounds u back in the arms and shoulders I get worn out on the XRS but no fatigue with Axys
I have had no issues with the shocks or valving I set my front end up real soft.
So being said the XRS is for sale and a 2017 Assualt is on the way!
A new build for next year! Will be tough to beat the Pro S but the longer skid with that suspension might just pull it off.

Good honest review on both Doo and poo.Div20

Assault is looking pretty good my buddy told me that Doo talk removed a video of the 2017 Assault pulling the 2017 ski doo 850 on the top and they stated the 850 had 1000 miles out of break in hmmm i wonder what the new ASSAULT comes with for gearing lol

Assault is looking pretty good my buddy told me that Doo talk removed a video of the 2017 Assault pulling the 2017 ski doo 850 on the top and they stated the 850 had 1000 miles out of break in hmmm i wonder what the new ASSAULT comes with for gearing lol
I think it comes with 23-40 1.74 ratio which was probably an advantage over the ski-doo that is geared a lot higher with a 129 track and running on a ski hill. I fear the ski-doo will do better in a lake race.
With that being said I wish I was getting an assault this year,would put on a 144x14x1inch hacksaw, trigger studs,pipe and good clutching will make this respectable.

I think it comes with 23-40 1.74 ratio which was probably an advantage over the ski-doo that is geared a lot higher with a 129 track and running on a ski hill. I fear the ski-doo will do better in a lake race.
With that being said I wish I was getting an assault this year,would put on a 144x14x1inch hacksaw, trigger studs,pipe and good clutching will make this respectable.
The 1 inch hacksaw is what I've been saying too.

Yes hopefully there will be a BIG surprise under t hood of the Assault next year to spank those 850's hard!
Stock with a pipe and pcv will do just fine against the 850 doo. All about the hook in 60 feet.

But the extra insurance of a so called slightly stock motor is good too,lol:rolleyes:Rofl

Got the 137RN's in today. They appear to weigh 10.50 to 10.85 grams. Higher than I wanted since they said they are 10 grams!!

They are super easy to install. I'm using blue loctite since they don't have the nylon locking feature...
If your talking about the strs backers??
They are very durable with triggers or hornets.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I really do hate studding....

Back
Top Bottom