• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2016 800 AXYS BUILD

I also run Splitt rail ski's which I love the way they work on the trail!
But I do not do any off trail riding.
Worth every penny IMO.
IMG_20160128_184152.jpg
IMG_20151128_141447.jpg

How many mikes on those studs now bud?

3400+ miles. Sure doesn't look like they have crossed many roads?

Oh we crossed many of roads and did some road bashing to get gas. Haulins studs are holding up well. My goldstars, not so much(junk)

Oh we crossed many of roads and did some road bashing to get gas. Haulins studs are holding up well. My goldstars, not so much(junk)
But are the picks above after installation or after those 3,400 miles? They don't look like they have touched anything, much less 3,400 miles in those pics.

Never heard of goldstar studs.

Last edited:
Woody's gold stars Dave. There junk and wear to quick,plus have to blunt of a point.
Glad I got them for free from a buddy.
I usually use hornets with 70 degree tip. But since I seen triggers with strs backers that haulin has, I'm liking them .

Brock, do you mean Woodys Gold Diggers? Thats just Woodys normal trail stud. Has been for years. Very durable IMO. I have used them since the 80's.

Yes,gold diggers,lol
I had a set of gold star weights in my hand when I wrote that,lol
Mine didn't wear well at all with 3300 miles.

I have woodys and I don't like them at all. Wore way to fast and I have a bunch of bent ones on my rush already

Your stud condition depends on the conditions that your riding on. This was a bad yr for snow base in a lot of areas, the trails you ride on, are they goat paths or groomed trails. Do you cross a lot of roads? Or ride down the shoulder? Studs take a beating, some wear faster then others I'm sure.

Your stud condition depends on the conditions that your riding on. This was a bad yr for snow base in a lot of areas, the trails you ride on, are they goat paths or groomed trails. Do you cross a lot of roads? Or ride down the shoulder? Studs take a beating, some wear faster then others I'm sure.
Right on post DR.

What version of that Stud Star backer plate would one run on a Hacksaw 1" lug track running 1.500" Stud Boy Lake Racers (overall length is 1.83")? For example, a Stud Boy single aluminum backer plate with their .500" aluminum nut is 11.80 grams. A Snow Stud round aluminum backer plate with a Stud Boy .500" aluminum nut is 11.10 grams.

What do the Stud Star backer plates weigh in grams?

They recommend part number PMM162LN if the stud length is over 1.4 inch. In the picture it looks like it's a three-quarter inch aluminum not they also recommend that for one ply tracks . Part number PMM137RN is for stud length of 1.40 and less. Those are dollar 99 each .

I was told I'd need the 137RN's. For 150 of them, that is $230 U.S. That is expensive to save 165 grams (.363 lbs) of rotating mass.

Does someone have a 137RN they could weight in grams? What about the other size Stud Stars weight (like the 162LN)? I'm curious if its actually around 10 grams or not vs. a standard backer/nut.

Last edited:
I was told I'd need the 137RN's. For 150 of them, that is $230 U.S. That is expensive to save 165 grams (.363 lbs) of rotating mass.

Does someone have a 137RN they could weight in grams? What about the other size Stud Stars weight (like the 162LN)? I'm curious if its actually around 10 grams or not vs. a standard backer/nut.
Waiting on a new gram scale. I will weigh a backer and get back to u when I get my scale

View attachment 749 View attachment 750 Studding complete 144 1.45 Woody's triggers 3/8 " above Lug should hook hard!!! Over 3.5 lbs of weight in the track with this combo over conventional washer and nut and Gold digger1.325
The weight savings here are compared as above stud and washer combinations . The strs backer really gives strong support but is pricy. But I think I would have a lot of bent studs to replace if I was not running them.

Back
Top Bottom