• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2016 800 AXYS BUILD

I'm running a Bully Dog in my stock 2016 800 LE with the full SSi clutch kit. Sled runs great, no hiccups or issues. pulls 8250. Have been using non-eth 91 and eth 93 fuels and have not had the det come on yet. It only took 1/2 hour to read the installation instructions and load the tune. I'm anxious to see how the tune from BMP performs on the dyno compared to the PCV.

I'll be interested in those results as well!

I'm running a Bully Dog in my stock 2016 800 LE with the full SSi clutch kit. Sled runs great, no hiccups or issues. pulls 8250. Have been using non-eth 91 and eth 93 fuels and have not had the det come on yet. It only took 1/2 hour to read the installation instructions and load the tune. I'm anxious to see how the tune from BMP performs on the dyno compared to the PCV.

View attachment 858
Your clutch is done. Everything checked.
Belt to sheave is 0.018" with gates.
Spider to tower clearance is 0.0015"
Machined a little for over drive(0.020").
Matched slp lightning weights (not rivet style)to 72 grams.( I love the profile of these weights, aggressive,but not drag race aggressive,and huge tip weight) . Load that motor!! Div20 140/300 spring, off to cv tech now to get balanced.
Do you mind posting a pic or drawing of the machining you did to increase overdrive? I've geared down to 1.74 and hit 118mph on the speedo but I'm sending my clutch out balancing this summer and I like the idea of getting a little more on top with OD.

Ok ,
so here is where we are at after 4200 kms riding / 3 trips to the dyno, 20 + hours at Dyno tyech!1 tear down and complete motor rebuild.
plus a total of 130 dyno pulls ++.

Our trip to the dyno on Friday was a successful day!!!
Finally!!
With all issues behind, I am super happy with the results!
Lots of time and $$$ went in to this to achieve these results.
If you want to play you have to pay!!!!
Nothing is cheap in the sled world!
I have to say thanks .
Central Ontario PowerSports,
Mechanique Sport Gm. Dolbeau Quebec
1 st dyno crew back in December 22 for all there knowledge and wrenching! ( Heath , Norm ,Tim, Carl).
Joey Strub
Jim @ Dynotech!
and a special thanks to Brock who has made it to the Dyno with me for all 3 dyno trips and for all the countless hours / days!!!!!! that you have spent to get my sled to where it is today .
Dyno Results.
Bmp head,Bmp pistons,Bmp shim, Bmp pipe, Bmp muffler and bully dog Bmp stage 3 tune and PCV piggy back.171 hp
Bmp head,Bmp pistons,Bmp shim, Jaws pipe, Bmp muffler and bully dog Bmp stage 3 tune and PCV piggy back.168 hp
i am going to try to get to some snow in Quebec within the next week to testing done in the field before the snow is gone!

Thats awesome! Glad you got some new friends out of this. !!! I have everything bikeman but the pistions. Pipe, head, tunner. Do u know what that setup made? Before u did the pistons

Pros800, the total bmp kit.
Head,pistons,shim,pipe,muffler their bmp bully dog with tune made 166 hp, and was not desirable with afr, and bsfc. We piggy backed it and got it to 171 with afr at 12.8:1. So, it's safe and successful.
So, we gained from their total set up. Not dissing bmp, different day, different dyno.

So not the 177 with the stage 3 kit like they claim? I figured I was around 170 with the 91 non oxy gas and the tune I run now. This thing just pulls away from other stages sleds on the top end.

So not the 177 with the stage 3 kit like they claim? I figured I was around 170 with the 91 non oxy gas and the tune I run now. This thing just pulls away from other stages sleds on the top end.
They need to take that number down as its only going to bite them in the ass and a big dream .

Brock, what are you able do do by piggy backing on the PCV that you can't do with the Bully Dog alone? Or is it just a time saving thing, that you could do on a Bully if you rewrote all it's mapping?

Brock, what are you able do do by piggy backing on the PCV that you can't do with the Bully Dog alone? Or is it just a time saving thing, that you could do on a Bully if you rewrote all it's mapping?
Dave, cause we can't change their tune they put in bully dog(stage 3), we added a Pcv with fuel and timing to make the motor way more happy in a safe mode too. It was just to easy to do this way and saved us precious time.

Ya that's what I don't like about the bully dog. You can't adjust the tune. They say it runs better in warmer temps tho cuz it does something to the intake temp reading? Idk. Mine runs like poop in warm weather lol

good luck on the last ride we are also trying to plan a Gaspe Quebec trip
how did those triggers hold up for you just bought a 2016 put 300 miles on her 1st weekend starting the mods and how long were they
cheers

To you Canada guys, not trying to rob this thread but Tim and myself are headed to Quebec this wkend for a 3 day ride, any thoughts on joining us maybe?

Back
Top Bottom