• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2016 800 AXYS BUILD

good luck on the last ride we are also trying to plan a Gaspe Quebec trip
how did those triggers hold up for you just bought a 2016 put 300 miles on her 1st weekend starting the mods and how long were they
cheers
TRIGGERS ARE AWESOME! I ONLY HAVE 2 THAT ARE MILDLY BENT STILL SHARP WITH NICE TIP . I THINK THOSE STRS BACKERS REALLY HELPED ALSO LOTS OF SUPPORT FOR THE STUD. I HAVE 1.25 RIPSAW TRACK WITH 1.325 STUDS HOOKS HARD! I WILL ALWAYS INSTALL TRIGGERS FROM HERE ON IT. THE OTHER CARBIDE TIPPED PICKS AVAILABLE ARE TO BLUNT AND WEIGH MORE

thanks doo2poo I am going to give them a try

IMG_20160316_154910.jpg

They need to take that number down as its only going to bite them in the ass and a big dream .

Joey (BMP's dyno tech) is a lot better at explaining this but here is a quote from one of the threads on HCS:

"I just got off a lengthy phone call Monday with superflow and it turns out the correction factor was off but that is not a user controlled input. They sent me a new calibration file to upload. I apologize to everybody we are not trying to mislead anybody. I believe this corruption is a left over from the old owner that was pretty crafty like that. The only reason I could think that he would change the correction factor formula is to mess with break specifics BSFC since they are figured of measured HP and not Corrected this way he could manipulate BSFC and show a safer one than it actually was. I assure you that I have always been honest in my postings and gains were gains from baseline runs which base HP was comparable to Dynotech. Sorry Al for not believing you i was never trying to mislead anyone and our gains are still gains from stock baseline run. I have always just believed my screen and had no reason not to until now but I assure you the correction is fixed and Dyno is calibrated from now on I will be posting correction factor on all dyno sheets released."

Ya that's what I don't like about the bully dog. You can't adjust the tune. They say it runs better in warmer temps tho cuz it does something to the intake temp reading? Idk. Mine runs like poop in warm weather lol

While it does suck that the end user can't make adjustments most people don't have the proper knowledge or experience to be tuning a high output 2-stroke. The sled will run better in warmer temps because of our fuel correction maps. The stock programming does not make adequate corrections past 45* F intake temps (less fuel is needed the warmer the air is due to less oxygen). It is very easy to reach higher intake temps on these sleds even at decent ambient temps (mid 20's F even) especially with mountain riders who are at slower speeds but still under a high load. With our correction maps (which you can do not with a PCV) we are able to properly compensate for higher intake temps so not as much power is lost (naturally you'll lose power no matter what at higher temps) but at least you'll still have crisp throttle response and an all around better running machine.

Bully dog runs better in warmer temps because it is a lean tune . At least stage 3 is.

See my post above as to why it runs better in warmer temps.

All good Neal, welcome to the site. Your information and anything you are offering is welcomed.
I would like to know the number you guys got after you corrected the correction Factor on your super flow ??
Your head, shim ,pistons,head, pipe and muffler? I know it didn't end up at 177 hp.
That's why I made the comment about taking that number down . I wasn't trying to be ignorant. Just realistic.

All good Neal, welcome to the site. Your information and anything you are offering is welcomed.
I would like to know the number you guys got after you corrected the correction Factor on your super flow ??
Your head, shim ,pistons,head, pipe and muffler? I know it didn't end up at 177 hp.
That's why I made the comment about taking that number down . I wasn't trying to be ignorant. Just realistic.

Thanks Brock, I don't have the final peak numbers but I do know that the gains were the same (21-22 HP). I'll have to get that from Joey when he gets back from the Jackson Hole Hill Climbs next week.

Thanks Brock, I don't have the final peak numbers but I do know that the gains were the same (21-22 HP). I'll have to get that from Joey when he gets back from the Jackson Hole Hill Climbs next week.
The best we got at jims with your head,shim,pistons,bully dog tune,pipe and muffler was 166 hp. That is on haulin-the mail's sled.

The best we got at jims with your head,shim,pistons,bully dog tune,pipe and muffler was 166 hp. That is on haulin-the mail's sled.

Yeah just got off the phone with him. Going to have him talk with Joey some more. They can compare dyno sheets and maybe narrow down why it was so different. That tune definitely shouldn't have been lean though, that's what gets me.

thanks doo2poo I am going to give them a try
When picking your stud length you have to keep one thing in mind more stud length is more hook! But the more you hook the more your sled will push in the corners when trail riding . My studs are 3/8 above my lug height. Handles great on the trails but could use more bite on the lake.i will be trying 1/8 taller stud

your right thanks for the update Haulin but I do not do very much drag racing any-more mainly on the roll from different speeds when trail riding with buddies but when its dance weekend with the boys I just install around 24 or more steel chisels tighten my strap up and I am good to go .The longer stud tear outs come a lot quicker and the biting in the corners from my experiences as you mentioned cant have the cake and eat it and by looking at your recall i think you might be reeling in a few people even if they get the hole shot on you !!!!lol only speed's i have seen that hight are 1 inch tracks not 1.25 other than maybe the boys you were with this weekend lol you might not be reeling them in they might have a trick or two hidden in the bag thanks for the tip

Weren't you guys seeing near that from pipe's alone?

Weren't you guys seeing near that from pipe's alone?
Yes Dave, with pipe,stock muffler and a really good Pcv map it was close to that number. I would say down a few on average to be fair, because we know the case volume alone adds hp alone on the shim kit .

TRIGGERS ARE AWESOME! I ONLY HAVE 2 THAT ARE MILDLY BENT STILL SHARP WITH NICE TIP . I THINK THOSE STRS BACKERS REALLY HELPED ALSO LOTS OF SUPPORT FOR THE STUD. I HAVE 1.25 RIPSAW TRACK WITH 1.325 STUDS HOOKS HARD! I WILL ALWAYS INSTALL TRIGGERS FROM HERE ON IT. THE OTHER CARBIDE TIPPED PICKS AVAILABLE ARE TO BLUNT AND WEIGH MORE
what are strs backers?

just watching the weather let you know tomorrow somewhere out there Sagenew or river day lu and ride into Gaspe have a buddy that has been in that area let you know tomorrow

Last edited:
what are strs backers?
4145535.jpg

These, there very light weight and strong. If your doing 144 studs,these backers save you almost 3 lbs in rotating mass. Me and haulin weighed them with aluminum t nuts and backer plates to compare. There made in Ontario.

Just checking back in my thread I stated 1.325 stud OOPS!
i am running 1.450 Triggers in a 1.25 ripsaw track and this sled hauls in the trail .
Good bite and rails in the corner.

Back
Top Bottom