• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Adjustable weights who's using them and what brand

It’s been consistent since day one regardless of belt, spring or weight.

I’m going to order a stiffer secondary spring to try and wake it up a bit in the 60-80 mph range.
Check your belt to sheave clearance mine engages smooth and I have about .015 clearance on as new belt. My wife's old sled was harsh and I needed to reshim the clutch.

I'm running magnum force weight in my 20 850 at 76 grams. 110/290 spring. Engagement is buttery smooth. What is the belt clearance with the Dalton weights? Does it change from the stock 10series?
No there is no change. Dalton weights are nearly identical to the 10 series profile.

those who are running the slp magnums what are you able to pull for helix? full progressive or compound? I'm running the magnums with a team tied ,bearing etc. 66-62 full progressive and am trying to hit 8400 out of the gate and climb to 8600 (1" hacksaw heavily studded) and am 67gr. I would have though I could be able to pull more weight , it may be the combination of the aggressiveness of the slp's and it seems the team tied really shifts good also. I am going to try the cutler turbo mags tonight which are more aggressive yet and see where they end up.

those who are running the slp magnums what are you able to pull for helix? full progressive or compound? I'm running the magnums with a team tied ,bearing etc. 66-62 full progressive and am trying to hit 8400 out of the gate and climb to 8600 (1" hacksaw heavily studded) and am 67gr. I would have though I could be able to pull more weight , it may be the combination of the aggressiveness of the slp's and it seems the team tied really shifts good also. I am going to try the cutler turbo mags tonight which are more aggressive yet and see where they end up.
I don't have a tied 2ndary to help with but from my testing you seem high on your RPM. Don't know your application but the 850's I have pulled the best 8050-8100.

I don't have a tied 2ndary to help with but from my testing you seem high on your RPM. Don't know your application but the 850's I have pulled the best 8050-8100.
my bad, I should have mentioned this is a stage 4 800.

The 64-60F with a 140-220 spring works well in the tied in an 800. From there I would load it up.

I bikeman stage 4 ? If not who’s Stage 4 and what does it consist of ?

I bikeman stage 4 ? If not who’s Stage 4 and what does it consist of ?
yes bmp stage 4, pipe, head, taller pistons, bullydog and porting

I was able to test my combination yesterday with jaw dropping results to say the least. I’ve been chasing the correct weight placement and figure I’ve nailed it. QAP4 weights with longest set screw hanging out the heels as far as I can without hitting the clutch. Dalton white green primary with dalton white secondary spring. Racing my dads assault we were ski to ski new. My sled is absolutely dominating his now start to finish it’s just gone. I let him go first and by 660’ I’ve caught and passed him and I’m pulling away. Impressed.

I was able to test my combination yesterday with jaw dropping results to say the least. I’ve been chasing the correct weight placement and figure I’ve nailed it. QAP4 weights with longest set screw hanging out the heels as far as I can without hitting the clutch. Dalton white green primary with dalton white secondary spring. Racing my dads assault we were ski to ski new. My sled is absolutely dominating his now start to finish it’s just gone. I let him go first and by 660’ I’ve caught and passed him and I’m pulling away. Impressed.
What gearing? Great info Jamie, thanks. We have snow but the small lake where I like to test isn’t frozen enough yet.

By leaving the longest set screw hanging out the heel as much as you can allows this mass to shift hard early with lots of belt squeeze but being that this mass on the opposite side of the pivot pin later in the shift out it actually acts like a lightened tip weight or a very stiff finish primary spring. similar concept as a "heel clicker" weight.

What gearing? Great info Jamie, thanks. We have snow but the small lake where I like to test isn’t frozen enough yet.

I’m not exactly sure, it would be whatever the 1.5” track comes with.

Was that the only screw you used. Tips and mid empty. ?

Not formilure with the dalton but do you use blue loctite to prevent the set screws from turning. The SLP magnum has to have the set screws fully installed and has a locking screw
Yes 100% always.

Not formilure with the dalton but do you use blue loctite to prevent the set screws from turning. The SLP magnum has to have the set screws fully installed and has a locking screw
You can use blue loctite with the slp’s so you don’t have to fully install them. I have also wrapped them in Teflon tape and made test runs without issue so I didn’t have to wait for the loctite to set up.

You can use blue loctite with the slp’s so you don’t have to fully install them. I have also wrapped them in Teflon tape and made test runs without issue so I didn’t have to wait for the loctite to set up.
Right now I have aluminum set screws in the tip and steel mid with the locking screw but no snow to try them. We have a river that we run on occasion but it's not my ideal place to ride. Friend of mine was running it Saturday night hit a slush hole and barrel rolled his sled with 40 miles on. He's OK but the tunnel is twisted along with breaking all the panels and gauges. Will be interesting if it's totaled or not.

Right now I have aluminum set screws in the tip and steel mid with the locking screw but no snow to try them. We have a river that we run on occasion but it's not my ideal place to ride. Friend of mine was running it Saturday night hit a slush hole and barrel rolled his sled with 40 miles on. He's OK but the tunnel is twisted along with breaking all the panels and gauges. Will be interesting if it's totaled or not.
I’m wondering if me hanging the screws out mimics the SLP weight making it accelerate similar.

So just weight change , stock helix?

Back
Top Bottom