• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Adjustable weights who's using them and what brand

Jesus at least pm the guy and help Him out ! I was hopeful this wasent gonna turn into hcs but I see it’s gonna

Im sorry but I don’t see telling a guy and it not working for him. It needs far more time than 3 days to convince me it’s the final product. It needs time, conditions, temp changes, altitude changes before I can say it works and let someone else spend their money on it

Good day
Had the 2018 850 backcountry like you followed you on doo talk, got the 2021 assault as well have you line then up yet, you going to sell your clutch kit when your done this time lol, thanks

Im sorry but I don’t see telling a guy and it not working for him. It needs far more time than 3 days to convince me it’s the final product. It needs time, conditions, temp changes, altitude changes before I can say it works and let someone else spend their money on it
I agree, it’s better to wait and make sure your setup is good to go especially when it’s custom parts.

I posted what I use nobody forces anybody to buy anything .

I posted what I use nobody forces anybody to buy anything .
Yeah that's cool trouble is my helix isn't off the shelf its designed around my numbers. You cannot just call up and order what I am using it doesn't exist like that. IF the helix proves to be what I think it is then I will make it available to everyone through Dalton to get at their own leisure and cost. Until I have enough testing time on it I will not share it.

Yeah that's cool trouble is my helix isn't off the shelf its designed around my numbers. You cannot just call up and order what I am using it doesn't exist like that. IF the helix proves to be what I think it is then I will make it available to everyone through Dalton to get at their own leisure and cost. Until I have enough testing time on it I will not share it.
From what I remember, Dalton charges a setup fee, to cut a custom Helix. Once they have done that, the angles are in their CNC and the fee no longer applies to whomever than asks for those angles?

Yea know whats way cooler is one of them listed is a custom cut but I guess maybe the ego got in the way !

Yea know whats way cooler is one of them listed is a custom cut but I guess maybe the ego got in the way !

I'm not quite sure why your so aggressively pursuing the helix information from me. I have zero interest in selling clutch kits or anything of the sort. I personally will not share stuff until I know it works and it works right. Why does that make me a bad person? I've put in thousands of miles of testing and plan to test thousands more to SHARE the data freely once I get to the point I am confident others will also benefit. However to give someone the helix cuts and then find stuff that works better sticks a guy with a one off helix that may or may not suit his needs. I just don't see the point. So I kindly ask you to please drop it for now. The info will be made available when I am satisfied it has enough test time.

I'm not quite sure why your so aggressively pursuing the helix information from me. I have zero interest in selling clutch kits or anything of the sort. I personally will not share stuff until I know it works and it works right. Why does that make me a bad person? I've put in thousands of miles of testing and plan to test thousands more to SHARE the data freely once I get to the point I am confident others will also benefit. However to give someone the helix cuts and then find stuff that works better sticks a guy with a one off helix that may or may not suit his needs. I just don't see the point. So I kindly ask you to please drop it for now. The info will be made available when I am satisfied it has enough test time.
I guess you cant read ? I dont care what it is , i dont and wont use a sticker belt ! Just help the guys that want to know, those are the ones you should help ! Maybe a guy ran right out and got a gboost belt ? now here he sits not being able to use it !

I guess you cant read ? I dont care what it is , i dont and wont use a sticker belt ! Just help the guys that want to know, those are the ones you should help ! Maybe a guy ran right out and got a gboost belt ? now here he sits not being able to use it !

Excellent you can move on from this topic as you don’t care. Glad we got that out of the way. Enjoy your season.

For those following along who do care we have a bit of warmer weather coming through this weekend with that I should get some milder temperature testing done. I’m hoping to not see a big rpm swing with the -35* last weekend to -10* this weekend. Either way it should give me a good indication of what direction if any needs to be pursued.

Excellent you can move on from this topic as you don’t care. Glad we got that out of the way. Enjoy your season.

For those following along who do care we have a bit of warmer weather coming through this weekend with that I should get some milder temperature testing done. I’m hoping to not see a big rpm swing with the -35* last weekend to -10* this weekend. Either way it should give me a good indication of what direction if any needs to be pursued.
i like all the likes you get from the pooper troopers Jamie , lol

With the warmer temps I’ve seen the RPM come down a bit. Now this is where I caution people who are super picky. The clutching works spot on when it’s -15* or colder. Pulls a perfect instant 8150 and drifts between 8150-8250 for as long as you hood it.

Today at -10* my RPM is down a bit with the warmer weather. 8000-8150 is where is seems to be floating around. I would anticipate this coming down maybe more yet on a warmer day. I would probably swap on a Polaris belt on a warmer day to get the rpm back up. Easy way to tune for the conditions.

Lined up with some guy in an 850 MXZ today and towed him 3 times

I made a couple runs today on my TD GPS data logger. Figured the conditions were finally good enough to make a pass. Groomed snow on the lake all setup overnight not perfect conditions but good conditions.

3.1 seconds to 60 mph in 157’
1.75 second 60’
7.52@89.6 mph in 660’
9.87@100.8 mph in 1000’

You're all over every forum or Facebook group trolling or whining about something. TJ is posting his progress to help others because he's an enthusiast and truly enjoys this sport. If you don't have anything valuable to add try to control your need to for attention.

With the warmer temps I’ve seen the RPM come down a bit. Now this is where I caution people who are super picky. The clutching works spot on when it’s -15* or colder. Pulls a perfect instant 8150 and drifts between 8150-8250 for as long as you hood it.

Today at -10* my RPM is down a bit with the warmer weather. 8000-8150 is where is seems to be floating around. I would anticipate this coming down maybe more yet on a warmer day. I would probably swap on a Polaris belt on a warmer day to get the rpm back up. Easy way to tune for the conditions.

Lined up with some guy in an 850 MXZ today and towed him 3 times

Found the same thing ... Clutching to 74.3g with Dalton QAP-4 had me down to 8250 from 8500 @ -20 C the other night. Was only -5 yesterday and now down to 8050 with same weights.

110 MPH on Dreamometer the other night on hard pack..... That's with a 290 lb sail riding it too.

I made a couple runs today on my TD GPS data logger. Figured the conditions were finally good enough to make a pass. Groomed snow on the lake all setup overnight not perfect conditions but good conditions.

3.1 seconds to 60 mph in 157’
1.75 second 60’
7.52@89.6 mph in 660’
9.87@100.8 mph in 1000’
Thanks for sharing these numbers. I finally have been able to get out and do some testing (vbox data logger). Your mph gain from 660-1000ft looks very good so its definitely pulling hard. Conditions have a such a huge affect its really hard to compare straight times and mph. Did you happen to test the sled stock to get some baseline #'s ?

Thanks for sharing these numbers. I finally have been able to get out and do some testing (vbox data logger). Your mph gain from 660-1000ft looks very good so its definitely pulling hard. Conditions have a such a huge affect its really hard to compare straight times and mph. Did you happen to test the sled stock to get some baseline #'s ?

Thanks! No sorry I didn't have the chance to test a bone stock one yesterday. I just did a few quick runs before we loaded up to go home. I made 3 passes all into the wind because my strip starts at shore and runs outward. My speedo indicated 106 mph so its out a good 5-6 mph for guys watching it. My best GPS top speed just riding and holding it WFO for a LONG run was 108 mph on a plowed section of road. My OEM sliders are almost gone and I believe they were sticking yesterday on the strip. I need to get my Duponts on and it may go faster. I was just too lazy this weekend. I think this upcoming weekend I am going to spend a couple days riding the XS 811 now to see how my sled likes it.

Thanks! No sorry I didn't have the chance to test a bone stock one yesterday. I just did a few quick runs before we loaded up to go home. I made 3 passes all into the wind because my strip starts at shore and runs outward. My speedo indicated 106 mph so its out a good 5-6 mph for guys watching it. My best GPS top speed just riding and holding it WFO for a LONG run was 108 mph on a plowed section of road. My OEM sliders are almost gone and I believe they were sticking yesterday on the strip. I need to get my Duponts on and it may go faster. I was just too lazy this weekend. I think this upcoming weekend I am going to spend a couple days riding the XS 811 now to see how my sled likes it.
For your slide put them on a table saw and cut a groove down the center about .25 (6mm) deep the width of the blade. This packs with snow during normal riding and when the slides get hot melts and help lube them. On stock slides I always heat them with a propane torch and put them in a freezer 3-4 times before installing them. They don't wear as fast. I'm not sure if that would be a benefit to the Dupont slides.

For your slide put them on a table saw and cut a groove down the center about .25 (6mm) deep the width of the blade. This packs with snow during normal riding and when the slides get hot melts and help lube them. On stock slides I always heat them with a propane torch and put them in a freezer 3-4 times before installing them. They don't wear as fast. I'm not sure if that would be a benefit to the Dupont slides.

Great info! The Duponts are sort of set it and forget it for us. I have a set with over 20,000 km of various riding on a 1.6" track and 1.75" track. They honestly never stick and never wear out. For those concrete hard mornings and March riding they are tough to beat.

• B3A1189E-FA26-4E6C-B314-8ED7EF8753C9.png
    83A51B5F-3F2E-417E-AAF2-4852531B79DC.png
    View attachment 3175 View attachment 3174
    Here’s the test #’s ice been getting , unfortunately we do not have a safe setup to make longer runs,
    DD9B8D15-E5EB-41E5-83BC-0370236A829F.png

Back
Top Bottom