• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

axys mod's

Ok as you know I have a 2015 Polaris Pro X 800 H.O. With a stage 2 SLP kit, pipe can, and clutch kit. My RPM's are at 8350-8400 WOT. Im thinking about getting a FPP head and domes head shim and a fuel controller. I have a switchback with a 1.75 track. Im around 250 dressed. And I'm a hard trail rider and hard rough backcountry rider, and I love to jump!! I have the red Anniversary one. With the IDD gauge. I want to add as much HP as I can without losing to much reliability. FPP says his head will make it more reliable and run cooler, with the pipe still running and good temps. So I'm left with clutching. Which I have been learning a lot on you tube. So hopefully that helps!

Clutching can be difficult and easy.

There are many ways and what people want.
fast trail
lake racing
sno x

All have different methods and gearing.

I like fast trail as it's the best of trail and some good top end. The backshift should be good and top speeds to were u want it.

Weights and helix are the main tuning tools. Springs are the fine tuning tools.

I like to throw as much weight as I can at any sled and use the softest springs possible. More weight gives better belt pinch, loads motor to get heat in pipe and less slippage. Use of lighter springs is because it's less friction.

Example: 800

Primary: 72 gram, 140/300 spring.
secondary: 66/44.46,140/220 spring

1.74 gear ratio.

Studded track 1.25" -1.325"

1000' elevation

Right on, ya I want it to be power in the mid and top speed. I know I need a different helix with more of a straight angle with a heavier weights. So I'll just have to start with that. I might have to do a gear change too. I guess ill find out.

If you have a 1.75" lug track, I would be using a 1.80 gear ratio or lower. That's the first thing to do.
then clutch.

THAT SLED STOCK COMES WITH 22-41 GEARING AT 8350RPM AT 1 TO 1 RATIO(NO OVERDRIVE) 97.1 IS MAX MPH..SO WITH 5%OVERDRIVE YOUR RIGHT AROUND 102.

THAT SLED STOCK COMES WITH 22-41 GEARING AT 8350RPM AT 1 TO 1 RATIO(NO OVERDRIVE) 97.1 IS MAX MPH..SO WITH 5%OVERDRIVE YOUR RIGHT AROUND 102.

So what would I have to change my gears to, to get higher top speed without losing my take off and mid. I have seen 107 MPH on the speedo, so it must be off by a few...lol...

I would want more trail speed, with good top speed. So gearing wouldn't be out of the question. But I don't want a lake racer. But I know with a 1.75 that won't happen.

The pro x comes with a 22/41 = 1.86 ratio.

The pro s comes with a 23/37= 1.61 ratio.

With your 1.75" lug track,I would use 21//38, 68 pitch chain. This is a 1.81 ratio.

1:1 ratio @ 8300 RPM gets you 99 mph.
Add 5 or 10% over drive( full shift out) and your 104 mph @5% over drive. 109 mph @ 10% over drive.

By full shift out. That means marking your primary with black marker and there's nothing left at top of primary.

The pro x comes with a 22/41 = 1.86 ratio.

The pro s comes with a 23/37= 1.61 ratio.

With your 1.75" lug track,I would use 21//38, 68 pitch chain. This is a 1.81 ratio.

1:1 ratio @ 8300 RPM gets you 99 mph.
Add 5 or 10% over drive( full shift out) and your 104 mph @5% over drive. 109 mph @ 10% over drive.

By full shift out. That means marking your primary with black marker and there's nothing left at top of primary.
I'd also recommend a Gates belt part number 46C4387 as it goes higher in the primary than the stock Polaris belt. Also with this belt you'll have to add two extra grams of weight in the primary.

I'd also recommend a Gates belt part number 46C4387 as it goes higher in the primary than the stock Polaris belt. Also with this belt you'll have to add two extra grams of weight in the primary.

Ahh yes fuse, good one.

The polaris belt measures 1.42" wide brand new, the gates is 1.47" wide brand new.

0.050" is good for about 3 mph

Yes .015 to .025 max must be done to help push the sheives closer together to work the belt all the way to the top so it starts to ride just above the outer circumfrance

And if you mashing the clutch and get the two sheives to come closer together at full shift that's where you can pick up some overdrive

And if you mashing the clutch and get the two sheives to come closer together at full shift that's where you can pick up some overdrive
It's all of the little stuff that you have to do before you start putting on power adders. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom