• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

axys mod's

I have a friend who had one on his FST, can't remember which year. It was faster than his brother's FST. Also it had over 10,000 miles on it. A very durable clutch imo. The bushings are staked on the moveable sheave which means that it can't be rebuilt other than pins and rollers.
But the P-2 does like its rollers. I replaced mine at 2,000 miles and will be watching them more closely.
They weren't totally flat spotted, just starting to delaminate and looking rough.
Durable design though with 3 rollers. A lot better than the old press in slides.
Maybe it's just me, but upon reassembly, the P-2 seemed more difficult to line up than the TSS-04.

Last edited:
What's everyone's take on the LWT verses the P-2?
Which one is holding up better?
Why was the P-2 dropped in favor of the LWT?Dunno
I've never had a chance to have a LWT apart yet.
To me, it looks just like a TSS-04 on the inside.

Last edited:
What's everyone's take on the LWT verses the P-2?
Which one is holding up better?
Why was the P-2 dropped in favor of the LWT?Dunno
I've never had a chance to have a LWT apart yet.
To me, it looks just like a TSS-04 on the inside.
They are basically the same. The LWT helix only has 4 screws, so they don't interchange. Same angles and springs though. The spyder may have been lightened a little.

They are basically the same. The LWT helix only has 4 screws, so they don't interchange. Same angles and springs though. The spyder may have been lightened a little.
The Tss-04 helix only has 4 screws,they look like the same clutch to me

Ah... that's what I thought. So I guess in essence I've had a bunch of them apart then.

Sure looks like it.
Brock, can you shed some light on this?
(Differences between the TSS- 98, TSS-04, and the LWT)
Thanks, Brian

Team tied will outperform the TSS 004 in loose snow conditions hands down. For hardpack snow the margins close up. When it comes to trail riding the tied outshines the lightweight....period. I have run a Tied for 3 seasons now. Just my experience.

Team tied will outperform the TSS 004 in loose snow conditions hands down. For hardpack snow the margins close up. When it comes to trail riding the tied outshines the lightweight....period. I have run a Tied for 3 seasons now. Just my experience.
I don't have enough testing time with the tied to confirm anything.
I do know a P2 works very well. It puts the tss-04 to shame. The backshift and up shift on a P2 is way better in all conditions, wether it be racing, trail riding, etc.....
I like the lighter springs as it's less friction and less resistance on the P2. Some of our best ET's have been with the lighter springs, heavier weights and helix. I'm not a fan of running high compression springs.
The P2 vs the tss-04 is no competition. It Shines in way more top end, better backshift and uses lighter springs to make it work.

Why do you think Polaris never offered it on the 800's and now no longer on the 600's? It seems many 800 users have had good luck with it and no durability issues I have read about from 800 users.

Why do you think Polaris never offered it on the 800's and now no longer on the 600's? It seems many 800 users have had good luck with it and no durability issues I have read about from 800 users.
That's a good question. I know that I made huge gains with a P2 on my 09 Dragon 800, 2011 Rush 800, was going to try it on my Indy 800, good thing I didn't cause that sled was stolen. I actually have two P2 secondaries. Got a smoking' deal on one that I couldn't pass up.

That's a good question. I know that I made huge gains with a P2 on my 09 Dragon 800, 2011 Rush 800, was going to try it on my Indy 800, good thing I didn't cause that sled was stolen. I actually have two P2 secondaries. Got a smoking' deal on one that I couldn't pass up.

What's the difference between the P2 and the tied clutch?

Right on, thanks. I think I'm going to get one and see. But if the P2 is that good, do t know what to do??
The P2 does work well.
Dalton Industries makes a huge assortment of helix s too :D

Back
Top Bottom