• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

axys mod's

Why doesn't Polaris still use the p-2?seems like if it was so much better they would've kept using it on their high performance sleds,not being a smart ass I'm really wondering why lol

Why doesn't Polaris still use the p-2?seems like if it was so much better they would've kept using it on their high performance sleds,not being a smart ass I'm really wondering why lol
Probably cost and a contract with team is my guess.
Polaris is using cv tech clutch systems too.

I don't have enough testing time with the tied to confirm anything.
I do know a P2 works very well. It puts the tss-04 to shame. The backshift and up shift on a P2 is way better in all conditions, wether it be racing, trail riding, etc.....
I like the lighter springs as it's less friction and less resistance on the P2. Some of our best ET's have been with the lighter springs, heavier weights and helix. I'm not a fan of running high compression springs.
The P2 vs the tss-04 is no competition. It Shines in way more top end, better backshift and uses lighter springs to make it work.

Sounds like the P2 performs a lot like the Tied.

Last edited:
What's the difference between the P2 and the tied clutch?
Major difference is the Tied is still a dual roller liker other Team clutchs. The P2 is a 3 roller design. More stability with 3 rollers. The P2 also use's some tabbed springs. I can only guess Polaris found less durability with the P2? And probably the bean counters seen a cost saving with the Team LWT?

Major difference is the Tied is still a dual roller liker other Team clutchs. The P2 is a 3 roller design. More stability with 3 rollers. The P2 also use's some tabbed springs. I can only guess Polaris found less durability with the P2? And probably the bean counters seen a cost saving with the Team LWT?

I agree.
Yes 3 roller design is stronger and more durable. Maybe it costs to much to make vs getting suppliers?? Anyway, we know it's not always the best decision that we want.

One thing to keep in mind, is parts availability. Were as I don't know were to get P-2 parts, other than Dalton for helix's, I can get Team parts anywhere, in fact I stock them.
Although I wouldn't mind playing with a P-2, I think my time is better spent on a Team Tied, because of availability.

The P2 does work well.
Dalton Industries makes a huge assortment of helix s too :D
And the angles are quite accurate I might add. Dalton helixes are cheaper than Team helixes also.

If I change my gearing do I need the dealer to reset my speedo?looking at doing The recommended 1.74 ratio or pro x gearing

Ok thanks,I went with Your recommendation and ordered a 40 tooth bottom gear and a 70 pitch chain

How much for the 70 pitch chain?
Go to the bottom of the page where it says useful links. Click on Polaris parts finder. Click on 2015 snowmobile that you own. The Rush AXYS has a 68 pitch chain it lists for around $75.00. I'm sure that the 70 pitch chain will be almost the same price.

$100 for a 70 pitch. That's a ripoff....
I don't think that it's that expensive. You can also look at it this way, once you buy it you keep it. Whenever I sell my sled it goes back to the way that I bought it and I keep my bolt on go fast parts for another sled. I never sell the parts either cause guaranteed that the day that I sell them I'll need them for my next sled. Damn Murphy's law. :mad:

I always keep top sprockets, chains, and bottom sprockets, weights, springs, and helixes that I've bought as they come in handy when I do need them. Div20 Never...ever sell any of these parts.

Just got my BMP Stage 1 installed (pipe, bullydog, clutch kit). Ran great, but as soon as I installed all the parts, there was an immediate issue when trying to load it back onto the trailer... The clutch would engage and the sled would lunge forward. There was no way to slowly get it to creep into the trailer.
When taking off (4500-4600 rpm), engagement is jerky and impossible to ride slowly. I tried to go 5 mph around the yard, and the clutch continuously just engaged/disengaged. Bikeman said that the spring will break in a little bit, however, it is SO abrupt that I doubt it. I think that 165/310 is too much and am going to try a 120/310 primary and see if the jerking goes away.

Back
Top Bottom