• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

axys mod's

The odd thing is that BMP has a 165# primary spring and SLP uses a 160#. Riding this thing slow is a huge PITA!

I think I found the culprit... My belt has a metallic blue color on the sides. It must have gotten smoked and was slipping. 1000 miles on a stock Pro X seems a little quick to burn up a belt. Especially when they cost $200

My guess is that it was holding out ok with all the stock parts, but the BMP clutch kit was too agressive and it started slipping

The 160-165 primary start is to much for trail use in my opinion. That's used for racing applications as it engages higher and that depends on heel of weights too. Tucked heels it will engage higher yet.For fast trail use, you shouldn't need engagement over 4200 in my opinion and the 165 start in 10 series will engage around 44-4600 rpm. Nothing wrong with a 110 or 120 start spring to get engagement from 37-4100

You called it!
Cleaned the sheaves, put on a new belt, and PRESTO! It cleared up fine, but was engaging at 4900 rpm.
I put on the 120/320 and it dropped engagement to 4200 rpm. We only got 4" of snow in Detroit, so I could only cruise across the yard, but it feels like it's working the way it should. I'm heading up to NWL MI this weekend, so we'll see how well the Bikeman Stage 1 performs...

The pro x comes with a 22/41 = 1.86 ratio.

The pro s comes with a 23/37= 1.61 ratio.

With your 1.75" lug track,I would use 21//38, 68 pitch chain. This is a 1.81 ratio.

1:1 ratio @ 8300 RPM gets you 99 mph.
Add 5 or 10% over drive( full shift out) and your 104 mph @5% over drive. 109 mph @ 10% over drive.

By full shift out. That means marking your primary with black marker and there's nothing left at top of primary.
X2- I took this advice and it rips with a 1.6 Cobra both on trail and off. Impressive off trail actually. Much more so than expected after reading some of the posts out there.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Put 150 miles on the BMP Stage 1. Pretty impressive! I don't have a side-by-side comparison, but seat of the pants feels like some strong midrange gains.

UPDATE - Put on 200 more miles in the UP last weekend and got a pretty good idea on how the Stage 1 performs... Put the SPANK DOWN on my buddy's Renegade 800 E-tec. From a 10-15 mph roll on an unplowed seasonal road, I immediately pulled away and had 5-7 lengths by the time we hit 80 mph.

Back
Top Bottom