• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bikeman stage 3 was happy until???

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Bikeman has been pushing their products on the axys and the performance versions. All good for them and they seem to have a good strong running stage 3 kit. They brag it up pretty good to and show vids on fb. Their stuff does work pretty good and this is in no way a slam at them.
Check out video below on fb.

Now, I just wanted to say there is more then just Bikeman working on go fast stuff like me and doc on here for a couple of us. I have set up pros800's and doo2poo's sleds and there f'kin fast. They will tell you on here.I'm not bragging either, it's just the truth and my information on here is free. You don't have to buy my kits. Just ask,that's the best part.Div20

Now, since that go fast bikeman stage 3 was at the weenie roast racing.(in that fb video). Pros800 was there and raced them with my kit.

Bikeman stage3

wossener pistons,shim kit,low elevation head,pipe,muffler,clutch kit,bully dog with tune,1.61 ratio,etc... for about $2500.00

My kit in Pros800's sled.

Primary,ssi adjustable@ 72.4 grams,belt to sheave 0.015",120/310 spring
Secondary,50/44 fp,140/220 spring
1.74 ratio
bikeman pipe
slp muffler
ssi head
pcv
$1329.95

All this for $1329.95 and you don't need the slp can or ssi head to make it any faster. So the kit would be $1329.95-ssi head $379.95-slp can299.95=$650.00
So, for about $650.00 for this kit because the ssi head and slp can tom had on doesn't make it any faster then stock head or stock can as we had seen the numbers on the dyno. Pros800 just wanted these extra's for sound and got a good deal

Pros800 beat the bikeman stage 3 kit all the time and he will tell you this himself as Neal from bikeman couldn't beleive it,lol. He thought pros800 had more mods then he did.
Now, pros800 had to set suspension,track and chain to my spec's along with clutching and gearing. These are all key elements to make it go fast. 10-15% overdrive on the 1.74 ratio is achieved. The only problem he's having is his studs are bad and doesn't get traction. He's getting the hornet studs as I and doc have suggested to him for that amazing holeshot.

So for about $650-1000.00 with the right set up, you can be really fast as a much higher priced mod sled. I'm just pointing this out as I have done this countless times.

To bad for the 1.61 ratio and $2500.00 kit, it just doesn't work as bikeman does have a fast sled. But not close enough to my 1.73-1.74 ratio kit.

Lol Ed.

Vids or it didn't happen pros800, lol :rolleyes:

Any complaints about removing thermostat? Does it help the cooling with the stock head also? How long does it take to warm on initial start? Sled seemed to b hard to keep Temps down. Ran 126 on really loose trails. Hard pack and in towns would go up to 135 -150

Tom/Brock, are the SSI Adjustable weights similar to the BMP Goldstars?

Where are you recommending Delrin's be placed in the Secondary? The BMP Secondary set-up is identical to what Tom used...you have the choice of 48/44 or 50/44 with the BMP Helix, same spring rate - just and FYI.

What RPM's did you recommend hitting with your set-up Tom/Brock? - and Tom what Max RPM's did you see while running at the Weenie Roast runs?

What is your engagement at with the 120/310 primary spring?

Lol doc.
I can't comment on the gold stars to ssi pro mags on profile or heel height. I do know the ssi pro mags are tucked 0.020" to much. The bottom of the weight hits the clutch tower as the heel seats too. I see a mark on the bottom of the weight from ssi and I don't like it.
As for Tom's sled rpm for what he's got in it. Rev it to 8350 @wot.
The full progressive is fast, but a compound helix of 70/44.46 is a little faster for drag racing as I've seen. You need a little higher engagement for this helix though,200-400 rpm more and good traction

Ok alot of questions to answer lol
First I took the t stat out of my stock 800 rush axys before the weenie roast and that sled ran 100-106 in the trails all day. Felt alot more peppy. Same with my ssi head with no t stat in. 104-108 all day.

I have a 66-44-46 helix as well but the 50/44 just pulls harder in mid range to top end on my sled from what I've noticed racing people.
Bikeman weights have 4 slots for the magnets instead of 3 for more fine running I guess. The look like good weights
My rpms were actually down while I was racing at the roast because it was 40-45 degrees outside. But on a normal cold day I hit 8,400 rpms no problem. Slams in a 8,150 and rides up to 8,400 and stays.
With the 120/310 spring it engages right at 4,200 rpms.
When I ran the 66-44-46 helix I had to use the 140/310 spring cuz it would dog off the line alittle with the 120 spring so the higher engagement took that away but now with the 120 and 50/44 helix it just pulls right away.
I need studs tho. I lost alot of races just trying to hook up. But when I would hook man this sled is fast.
Idk how to post the videos they say they are to large but all of them are on Facebook in the axys group.

THE T-STAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED FROM DAY ONE TOM..LOL THOSE READINGS ARE FINE ,THE SLED LIKES TO BE COOLER,MAKES BETTER POWER. GLAD YOU LIKE THE HELIX, PUT SOME REAL STUDS IN THAT MONSTER AND YOU WILL LOVE IT EVEN MORE..

Not having studs will change everything IMO on what clutching will work. I have not moved off the stock gearing as we have zero proof racing others that gearing down is actually faster - but most runs are 1000' we've done.

Where are you recommending Delrin's be placed in the Secondary?

pros800
So you are revving 8350 we have a similar set up and i though we should were to aim for 8400 to 8500 (as per dyno sheets )the most we see is 8350 in good conditions but we only run two studs per bar and mainly racing on the roll from different speeds 20 to 60 mph we are running doc mod weights 70.5 with the 140 /300 primary and the 50/44f with 140/220 secondary and Doc and Brock thanks for the info because for $1500.00 Canadian this Axis flys my buddy was doing some 20 mph roll ons during a trail ride this weekend and the turbo cat was stunned he asked if that was a new model this year(LOL)because he usually just walks away from these Polaris and good luck on the dyno boys keeps us posted i just bought a 16 axis and the ski doo boys are already yapping about next years 850 Brock going to need the overdrive special

Mine revs to 8,400 rpms with my setup. And I have 2 pro s 800 sleds. One is completely stock that my girlfriend rides so yes I do have proof gear changing does work. I test everything I do to my sled against the stock sled to see the improvements .
And I do have 144 studs on my sled and the other sled as well. They just aren't the best studs because they aren't very tall and have alot of miles on them.
IMG_20160305_114838.jpg

I place my washer like derlin recommend. They say adding more then 1 can actually ca use binding from what I read. And my 1.74 gear sled pulls away from my sled 1.61 gear sled on the top end. The full shift out works.

1 2 or 3 Delrin's have been a ongoing debate for years. So has the binding claim.

They are all on the axys Facebook group page. Not sure how to put them on here everytime it says file is to big

Back
Top Bottom