• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bikeman stage 3 was happy until???

Hey Brock, I have a couple questions for ya about your kit in ProS800's sled. Is this kit something you sell or is it just the information of what you use to make this kit? Take the slp muffler and ssi head out of it and it's $650? I'll take one.

Thank you for all the great info that you put on this forum!

I don't sell any of them. My info along with docs is free on here. We're passionate about the sport so we try and help
We dyno to see were power is, then run them with timing systems to see what works out in the field . Doc also has a track loader .

Not saying it works for everyone as everyone has different styles ,but we'll and other guys on here will try and help
What can we help you with?

What's your elevation?

Weight?

Style of riding?

Studs?

I don't sell any of them. My info along with docs is free on here. We're passionate about the sport so we try and help
We dyno to see were power is, then run them with timing systems to see what works out in the field . Doc also has a track loader .

Not saying it works for everyone as everyone has different styles ,but we'll and other guys on here will try and help
What can we help you with?

What's your elevation?

Weight?

Style of riding?

Studs?
I could use some help with a set up that will help my sled (2015 Pro S 800 Switchback 60th Anniversary edition) stay in front of them 850 Skidoo's that my friends just bought.

Elevation - under 3000 ft. 90% of my riding is in Hayward WI area.

Weight - 250 with no gear. Yep one of the fat guys here.

Style of riding - aggressive trail, corner to corner and a fair amount of 1000 foot runs.

Studs - Yes, 144 in the center only.

When it comes to setting up the sled, I will not change the muffler. We have lost a ton of trails in my area due to noise complaints from sleds. From what I have read on this forum there is no real gains from a can either. Changing the head is fairly low on my "want to do list" also. Other than that, when time and money allows I'd try any set up.

Thank you for all your time and the info that you share on here.

Check your clutches for any worn parts

Align properly, most times you only need about 0.120" washer behind secondary and let it float out 0.120"

Get the slp engine strap

Adjust suspension so it sags 5+ inches and very back of tunnel

Let track sag 1/2" after warming it up on stand . Check chain tension. Move secondary while parking brake on .should move back and forth a 1/4"

Belt to sheave 0.010-0.015"

1.73 ratio

I'd get adjustable weights . Best bang for your dollar . I like Dalton profile cause it's close to 10 series . Try around 68 gram's, a 120/310.

Secondary, a 50/44 or 48/44 full progressive with a 140/220

I'd try that

Check your clutches for any worn parts

Align properly, most times you only need about 0.120" washer behind secondary and let it float out 0.120"

Get the slp engine strap

Adjust suspension so it sags 5+ inches and very back of tunnel

Let track sag 1/2" after warming it up on stand . Check chain tension. Move secondary while parking brake on .should move back and forth a 1/4"

Belt to sheave 0.010-0.015"

1.73 ratio

I'd get adjustable weights . Best bang for your dollar . I like Dalton profile cause it's close to 10 series . Try around 68 gram's, a 120/310.

Secondary, a 50/44 or 48/44 full progressive with a 140/220

I'd try that
Thank you for this info! Looks like I have some shopping to do. Is the slp engine strap also known as a torque arm? I'll let ya know what happens once I get it all together.

What is a good drag race set-up on hard pack snow with good traction?

For 1000' and 1500' runs?
That's a loaded question,lol Rofl

Add as much weight(depends on profile) with softest springs as possible and gear accordingly .

yes slp torque arm. and make sure you lock tight it with red. I used blue and the bolt fell out

Brock, Santa was very good to me this year! I can afford more parts! Would the addition of a BMP or Jaws pipe and a tuner change your recommendations for the set up that you posted for me? Of the two pipes, which one would you recommend? Witch tuner would you recommend and where would you recommend getting it from with the proper tune installed? Sorry for all the questions but excited that Santa gave me the cash for the extra upgrades.

That's a loaded question lol
Straight up no bs.

Pipes.

Slp gives good mid-range hp and good top rpm hp that carries it to 8400

Bmp gives good top rpm hp that carries it to 8400

Jaws gives good mid range hp and good top rpm hp that carries it to 8400

We tested bully dog tunes and Pcv tunes with success.I have yet to test a bully dog zero tune which I wanna try on dyno. It's a correction factor cleaned up type of thing .

Up to you ?

That's a loaded question lol
Straight up no bs.

Pipes.

Slp gives good mid-range hp and good top rpm hp that carries it to 8400

Bmp gives good top rpm hp that carries it to 8400

Jaws gives good mid range hp and good top rpm hp that carries it to 8400

We tested bully dog tunes and Pcv tunes with success.I have yet to test a bully dog zero tune which I wanna try on dyno. It's a correction factor cleaned up type of thing .

Up to you ?
Now that is what you call a political answer. :D

Now that is what you call a political answer. :D
There is good info in Brocks response though.

I'm not going to buy a SLP pipe because I don't want to change the stock muffler. If I go with the Jaws pipe, I'm not sure where to get a Bully Dog or PCV programed for that pipe. I really like the stock look which is one of the reasons I kind of prefer that pipe. I live less than an hour away from BMP so getting a Bully Dog and getting any problems (not saying there will be) fixed would be fairly easy. decisions...decisions

I'm not going to buy a SLP pipe because I don't want to change the stock muffler. If I go with the Jaws pipe, I'm not sure where to get a Bully Dog or PCV programed for that pipe. I really like the stock look which is one of the reasons I kind of prefer that pipe. I live less than an hour away from BMP so getting a Bully Dog and getting any problems (not saying there will be) fixed would be fairly easy. decisions...decisions

For clarity here, if you're looking to run a PCV or a Bully Dog programmer you're better off with the BMP pipe. MY2015/16, the Jaws pipe was designed and tuned to perform with no PCV or Bully Dog tune installed. Also, was designed to run on stock clutching/gearing. Now, many on here know there's many ways to skin a cat when it comes to clutching/gearing options available (see Brock's previous post) to outperform the stock set-up. This just compliments the Jaws pipe for one sweet package.

Does the Jaws pipe perform....heck yea it does! Does it lose power after multiple runs once the motor is heat soaked....nope! Has it met my expectations from a performance and consumer standpoint....absolutely!

SLP and BMP make fine products and I'm sure what they claim in performance increases is directionally in-line with what consumers are realizing in the field.

For me it was a price point, no performance losses, stock look and sound and no PCV. The road led me to Jaws!

If you want a black pipe send me an e-mail. I have one pipe that did not get the clearance dents and was already ceramic coated. Heating/denting will make the coating look less pretty... so I was going to give it a light sand blast and paint it black. Ceramic will still hold the heat in, but it will just have black on the outside. mike@bikemanperformance.com

If you want a black pipe send me an e-mail. I have one pipe that did not get the clearance dents and was already ceramic coated. Heating/denting will make the coating look less pretty... so I was going to give it a light sand blast and paint it black. Ceramic will still hold the heat in, but it will just have black on the outside. mike@bikemanperformance.com
Email sent.

Just a heads up to all who want to save weight, but not piss off land owners. The SLP muffler passes the stationary sound test (SAE J2567) 88 db rule. So it's legal in any state with a 88 DB rule!

Back
Top Bottom