• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bikeman stage 3 was happy until???

Screenshot_2016-02-29-12-26-58.png
speedwerx stage 3 800 RR and others

Polaris axys pros/x and pro r
It's a group

And polaris uses a 120 degree to stat to prevent cold start problems. Cat and ski doos use 80 degree t stats. Idk polaris didn't want warranty claims or something lol. But on the dyno after 120-130 degrees the ecu starts to pull timing to protect it. Taking the t stat out keeps the motor cooler so it runs 108 like ski doos do and under that 120° timing curve so you stay in the power. It's pretty easy to do to. I took mine out on the stock rush just so it can run cooler. 2 bolts and it comes right off. Just take it out and put the rubber back in and then bleed it with the screw on top. In deep snow the rush will run at 99°. Hot pipe cool motor you are making power. Consistent. If you buy the terra alps racing head mod they use a 80° cat thermostat in his kit.
TOM,THE TIMING IS PULLED AT A HIGHER TEMP,SLEDS WITH THE T-STAT IN RUN OVER 125 BECAUSE THATS WHERE IT OPENS AND STABILIZE AT 127 TO130 ISH.THIS IS ALSO AN EMISSIONS ISSUE, RUNNING THE MOTOR HOTTER PRODUCES LESS EMISSIONS.

Mike from BMP here... new to these forums... looks like a great place!

Many good running Axys models at the weenie roast. We are glad to see many of you liking our products and having fun with them.. because that's what it's all about! Traction was definitely not easy with a full trail setup, but everyone was running extra long distances to make up for it.

Unfortunately mine was ran really hot by a friend the weekend before the weenie roast. I have the prototype racewerx rear end on it, and in low snow conditions it skyrockets in temps.. especially when I had the small useless snowflap on. I later found out he was riding around at 180+ temps without finding snow. At weenie roast my motor was really down on compression because of this. It actually wore one of end of the ring down because of the high heat transfer and small contact patch with this factory "ported" motor. I was only pulling 8100-8200rpm max on a motor that comes to life at 8400-8500. I made a ton of clutching changes thinking it was warm weather/snow conditions and tried again... with no change. I would have been out racing a lot more if it was at full potential like it was at st. germain and the rest of the year. I was quite disappointed since there were so many Axys 800's there.

Ya I hear you on that one. Traction was not there for me with 1.32 inch trail studs with 3k miles on them lol. The warm weather didn't help either. Afternoon I could only rev to about 8,100- 8,200 also cuz of the intake temp being so hot. There was definitely alot of nice setup axys that had great hole shots.
Good to see you on here mike. Definitely need to do some riding with each other next year since we are so close by.

It doesn't help all those other axys sleds were running 1 inch hack saw tracks with 1.5 or bigger studs lol. Hooking and booking on our trail setups mike

Not having studs will change everything IMO on what clutching will work. I have not moved off the stock gearing as we have zero proof racing others that gearing down is actually faster - but most runs are 1000' we've done.

Where are you recommending Delrin's be placed in the Secondary?

I place the Delrin washer UNDER the spring cup because I have seen instances where the leading edge of the spring actually digs into the Delrin washer over time when placed inside the spring cup. I suppose there is a possibility of the spring binding within the spring cup itself, however, I have seen more examples of spring bind caused by the bottom of the spring cup interfering with the inside of the sheave in which it sits.

It doesn't help all those other axys sleds were running 1 inch hack saw tracks with 1.5 or bigger studs lol. Hooking and booking on our trail setups mike

Who was running hacksaw tracks with big studs on an Axys?

4 anniversary sleds, all black one, and one black and gray. Couple other sleds had the cobra tracks with nice studs to

I had two Anniversary sleds with me, my sled was running gold diggers. We run stock tracks. We engage pretty low. Guess I never really paid much attention to what other people were running. Well I did notice the RedCup guys had a Cat two stroker all chiseled up.

Accuweather says Cable that Sat was a high temp of 54.

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight!

Lol trust me next year I will have a bazooka. I didn't have my track setup for hole shots as I spent most of my season in the deeper snow in Michigan.

Already got the lake racing setup on order for next time lol.

Mike from BMP here... new to these forums... looks like a great place!

Many good running Axys models at the weenie roast. We are glad to see many of you liking our products and having fun with them.. because that's what it's all about! Traction was definitely not easy with a full trail setup, but everyone was running extra long distances to make up for it.

Unfortunately mine was ran really hot by a friend the weekend before the weenie roast. I have the prototype racewerx rear end on it, and in low snow conditions it skyrockets in temps.. especially when I had the small useless snowflap on. I later found out he was riding around at 180+ temps without finding snow. At weenie roast my motor was really down on compression because of this. It actually wore one of end of the ring down because of the high heat transfer and small contact patch with this factory "ported" motor. I was only pulling 8100-8200rpm max on a motor that comes to life at 8400-8500. I made a ton of clutching changes thinking it was warm weather/snow conditions and tried again... with no change. I would have been out racing a lot more if it was at full potential like it was at st. germain and the rest of the year. I was quite disappointed since there were so many Axys 800's there.
Mike welcome to the site. Glad to see you guys on here. We talked to joey when we were at dtr setting up bulldog last December.
Have fun and your insight and information is welcomed.
Now, time to get your kit to work to beat my stuff,lol Div20

And drnotadoo's too. Lol

All in good fun and spirit of the sport my friend. Div20

Bikeman has been pushing their products on the axys and the performance versions. All good for them and they seem to have a good strong running stage 3 kit. They brag it up pretty good to and show vids on fb. Their stuff does work pretty good and this is in no way a slam at them.
Check out video below on fb.

Now, I just wanted to say there is more then just Bikeman working on go fast stuff like me and doc on here for a couple of us. I have set up pros800's and doo2poo's sleds and there f'kin fast. They will tell you on here.I'm not bragging either, it's just the truth and my information on here is free. You don't have to buy my kits. Just ask,that's the best part.Div20

Now, since that go fast bikeman stage 3 was at the weenie roast racing.(in that fb video). Pros800 was there and raced them with my kit.

Bikeman stage3

wossener pistons,shim kit,low elevation head,pipe,muffler,clutch kit,bully dog with tune,1.61 ratio,etc... for about $2500.00

My kit in Pros800's sled.

Primary,ssi adjustable@ 72.4 grams,belt to sheave 0.015",120/310 spring
Secondary,50/44 fp,140/220 spring
1.74 ratio
bikeman pipe
slp muffler
ssi head
pcv
$1329.95

All this for $1329.95 and you don't need the slp can or ssi head to make it any faster. So the kit would be $1329.95-ssi head $379.95-slp can299.95=$650.00
So, for about $650.00 for this kit because the ssi head and slp can tom had on doesn't make it any faster then stock head or stock can as we had seen the numbers on the dyno. Pros800 just wanted these extra's for sound and got a good deal

Pros800 beat the bikeman stage 3 kit all the time and he will tell you this himself as Neal from bikeman couldn't beleive it,lol. He thought pros800 had more mods then he did.
Now, pros800 had to set suspension,track and chain to my spec's along with clutching and gearing. These are all key elements to make it go fast. 10-15% overdrive on the 1.74 ratio is achieved. The only problem he's having is his studs are bad and doesn't get traction. He's getting the hornet studs as I and doc have suggested to him for that amazing holeshot.

So for about $650-1000.00 with the right set up, you can be really fast as a much higher priced mod sled. I'm just pointing this out as I have done this countless times.

To bad for the 1.61 ratio and $2500.00 kit, it just doesn't work as bikeman does have a fast sled. But not close enough to my 1.73-1.74 ratio kit.
Hey Brock, I have a couple questions for ya about your kit in ProS800's sled. Is this kit something you sell or is it just the information of what you use to make this kit? Take the slp muffler and ssi head out of it and it's $650? I'll take one.

Thank you for all the great info that you put on this forum!

Back
Top Bottom