• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

I can laugh now, but i was pissed then. Moral of the story, put that magnetic plug somewhere away from tools etc when you take it out!

I did the roller tighnter as well and my dealer warned me that it would make some noise. Anyone confirm that? No freaking snow to test..../

I did the roller tighnter as well and my dealer warned me that it would make some noise. Anyone confirm that? No freaking snow to test..../
It makes a bit of a winning noise when you let off of the throttle.

Reminiscent of the old Edge days?
Yup. From what I understand is word on the street was that the roller made too much noise. So they went to the Vespel tensioner, which is quiet and cheaper.

Is the roller chain adjuster recommended??
More of a safety,longterm upgrade IMHO. It won't wear like the oem vespel tensioner, and it definitely wears. The material will get mixed into the chain lube. It may stay in adjustment slightly longer due to the roller not wearing like the puck on the oem tensioner. Stronger also.

I did. When you see that you can reel in stock geared and clutched sleds then you'll know what I'm talking about. Div20
Well i had good luck last yr, clutches always warm after a good ride. Nothing i could touch and hold on to for mins at a time. 2k on stock belt. Saw some black smear One time! But it was 0 or -5 cold. Reversed sled out of trailer, thats when i noticed it when i went to top off oil. Never saw it again.

If you have 2 k on the stock belt, put on a new one and use that as s spare. It's got to be stretched out and narrow. So your performance is in the toilet

If you have 2 k on the stock belt, put on a new one and use that as s spare. It's got to be stretched out and narrow. So your performance is in the toilet
Broke new belt in, and put a 100 on it. No difference. Original belt is still good. Gonna try the washers and new springs and go up a little on weights. I don't have lag when on the throttle. Its the lag in backshift im trying to speed up. For the quick on the gas off the gas blip. The backshift seems slow compared to my old sled. I know its not gonna be instant like when u kick out ass end on a quad on a berm, but i know it could be better then what it is. Just gotta find the happy medium.

Broke new belt in, and put a 100 on it. No difference. Original belt is still good. Gonna try the washers and new springs and go up a little on weights. I don't have lag when on the throttle. Its the lag in backshift im trying to speed up. For the quick on the gas off the gas blip. The backshift seems slow compared to my old sled. I know its not gonna be instant like when u kick out ass end on a quad on a berm, but i know it could be better then what it is. Just gotta find the happy medium.
Im gonna try one thing at a time so i can see and feel what each does. Never messed with clutching, so i figure its the best way to learn for what im looking for outa my sled. Gotta start somewhere! Just need snow!

Back
Top Bottom