• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Dollar / HP with pipes

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Only two sets of pipes have been dyno tested at dynotech. Dr notadoo tested the full slp pipe set and the ssi pipe mod. I tested the ssi only.

6.1hp on full slp pipe set.
$699.95
So that's $ 114.75 per hp

6.3hp on ssi pipe mod.
$249.95
So that's $39.67 per hp.

Thus was done in ethanol mode(damit) :Banghead

I/ we haven't tested terra alps or bikeman yet.

Just an observation

Last edited:
1 would assume Bikeman to be very similar to the SSI seeing as they were the same company for many years. The terra alps pipe would be interesting being north of the border and our dollar sucking right now.

Wish they had pipes ready to go. When my 16' comes in I doubt I will want to wait on turn around time for a pipe mod..

Only two sets of pipes have been dyno tested at dynotech. Dr notadoo tested the full slp pipe set and the ssi pipe mod. I tested the ssi only.

3.4 hp on full slp pipe set.
$699.95
So that's $205.86 per hp

6 hp on ssi pipe mod.
$249.95
So that's $41.66 per hp.

I/ we haven't tested terra alps or bikeman yet.

Just an observation
JUST TO CLARIFY BROCKS POST: THE SLP PIPE MADE THE SAME POWER IN ETH MODE AS THE SSI PIPE MOD DID...IT ONLY MADE 3.4 IN NON ETH MODE...THE SSI PIPE MOD WAS NOT TESTED ON MY SLED IN NON ETH MODE..I MOST LIKELY CONFUSED BROCK TXTING BACK AND FORTH WITH THE INFO

JUST TO CLARIFY BROCKS POST: THE SLP PIPE MADE THE SAME POWER IN ETH MODE AS THE SSI PIPE MOD DID...IT ONLY MADE 3.4 IN NON ETH MODE...THE SSI PIPE MOD WAS NOT TESTED ON MY SLED IN NON ETH MODE..I MOST LIKELY CONFUSED BROCK TXTING BACK AND FORTH WITH THE INFO
Ok bud.

Ethanol mode was mostly a mistake cause hood was off,lol.

I don't care about ethanol mode as it's down about 3% on power. Non ethanol mode testing only. And as u stated and in ur charts it's 3.4 hp non ethanol mode for the slp pipe combo.

Just make sure gauge is plugged in always bud ,lol

Wish they had pipes ready to go. When my 16' comes in I doubt I will want to wait on turn around time for a pipe mod..
I get what your saying.

For any after market company to have a pipe mod ready to go. They need to purchase a bunch of polaris stock pipes first.I doubt their going to do that. Would be nice that way as you can ship your stock exhaust while they ship the pipe mod to you, then they just mod your pipe for another customer. And so on.

I get what your saying.

For any after market company to have a pipe mod ready to go. They need to purchase a bunch of polaris stock pipes first.I doubt their going to do that. Would be nice that way as you can ship your stock exhaust while they ship the pipe mod to you, then they just mod your pipe for another customer. And so on.

The reason that wouldn't work either, Some people don't take care of there stuff and some people haul on open trailers.I know I would be pissed if I got someone's crappy looking rusted pipe back when I sent in a good looking one.

Yes....I'm a little confused as well. I picked up the SLP pipe combo before I knew anything about the SSI mod. It sounds like it only made 3.4 HP with 91+ Octane (no ethanol).....and made equal HP in ethanol fuel mode??

Can you please clarify?

This ethanol mode to non ethanol mode was a mistake made at dtr,lol (won't happen again right dr.notadoo).

The axys made 152 hp stock in ethanol mode

It made 158.1 hp w/ slp pipe combo in ethanol mode

It made 158.3 hp w/ ssi pipe mod in ethanol mode.

It made 156.4 stock non ethanol mode.

Dam heath, keep that gauge plugged in, confusing all of us,lol

I have the SLP pipe and can, and I just like SLP and always had great luck with there stuff. I payed more for it, and it is easier to keep clean and looking nice. But who really looks, (me) lol... I have never had mine dynoed. But I can tell that through the testing that I have done the modded pipe will make more HP in non eth mode. But the biggest thing that I have learned is the best thing to do first is get your clutching perfect!! Now I suck at clutching. So I listen to what guys are saying and apply it to my sled. The pipe and can is just an extra little bonus. 160 ish HP with a perfect set of gears and clutch work will make the world of difference! I have the SLP stage 2 clutch kit as well and have done some work. Still up in the air with a total clutch change...

Brock, the pipe mod made 6.3hp in ethanol mode, do you think it would make more or less in non-ethanol mode ? cheers
The pipe mod made 10hp on one in non ethanol. But it had a bad exhaust system. So it should be 3 to 6 hp.
The slp pipe made 3.4 hp in non ethanol mode . I know what you guys are going to say next,lol

I'll try and clarify a little. You don't see 90+% of what happens at dynotech. To much information to write then. Anyways. One axys dynoing slp and ssi pipe and pipe mod.

-156.4 hp stock non e mode.
-152 hp stock e mode

-158.1 hp with slp in e mode
-158.3 hp with ssi in e mode

-159.8 hp with slp in non e mode, so as you can see. Stock was 156.4 hp, add the slp pipe and its 159.8 hp in non e mode.

Ssi pipe mod on this particular sled wasn't tested in non e mode.

Ssi was tested on different axys sleds in non e mode and made 6 to 10 hp gain. Slp wasn't tested anymore as we felt gains weren't significant enough to try anymore.

I'm going to be testing more pipes this season coming. Hopefully bikeman and terra alps too .:D

Gotta add Terra Alps Racing pipe, supposedly 11 hp, and Bikeman, supposedly 12 hp. We'll see this winter :D

Bikeman and Terra Alps pipes or stock pipe mods?
Both pipes.
Terra alps racing - 11 hp pipe
Terra alps racing - 5 hp pipe mod
Bikeman - 12 hp pipe.

The 11 hp gain( terra alps) I've seen already, I wanna see what bikemans pipe does??

Better yet , dyno myself :D

Are those gains with their muffler also or oem muffler?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom