• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Dollar / HP with pipes

I don't know Larry Rugland, but from what I hear he worked with Polaris race team years ago. And works with the 600 Soo race stuff.
My specialty is the 800cc class, AC, Polaris and Skidoo. Its what sells in my area and world wide.
Where I ride in the mountains you have to be reliable cant be broken down on the back side of a mountain with bad weather, you aint getting out. So I make sure my stuff works and is as good as I can make.
Theres only a few builders that design parts and engines. Most just buy someone elses engines and pipes and call it theirs or assemble them.
So that list can be cut in half, couple I don't know .
I'll spend months working on a project, if it don't work don't sell it. I've tested parts that don't work but people still buy them.
Cheers Ted,

Kool, you obviously don't know me, never had my parts and are a follower of some other shops. That's fine.
So where does tow rope ted in bc come from ?

You named 5 shops in Alberta and only 1 is an engine builder (Ralph) So get the facts right.
Neil builds pipes, good guy, not engines. Neil has dynoed couple of my engines with good success. Our dynos Neil's, Ralphs and Terra Alps are showing similar hp numbers.
Terra Alps engines have been independently dynoed with good hp numbers at many different shops. Its up to the end user to get the power to the ground. Clutching! many don't know how this works. But are learning. As we all do everyday.

Kool, you obviously don't know me, never had my parts and are a follower of some other shops. That's fine.
So where does tow rope ted in bc come from ?

You named 5 shops in Alberta and only 1 is an engine builder (Ralph) So get the facts right.
Neil builds pipes, good guy, not engines. Neil has dynoed couple of my engines with good success. Our dynos Neil's, Ralphs and Terra Alps are showing similar hp numbers.
Terra Alps engines have been independently dynoed with good hp numbers at many different shops. Its up to the end user to get the power to the ground. Clutching! many don't know how this works. But are learning. As we all do everyday.
Div20

Get your facts straight Ted.... Iantomossi and Benoit have been building record setting triples and twins for decades..... Yes twins...

All this aside... I do like the fact that you are developing twin pipes for the Axys.

Last edited:
Get your facts straight Ted.... Iantomossi and Benoit have been building record setting triples and twins for decades..... Yes twins...

All this aside... I do like the fact that you are developing twin pipes for the Axys.
Thanks for letting us know. Would you happen to have their contact info?

Wow, you don't read well. read my post again then think about what you said. Benoit is in Vermont.

eightpilin maybe you could call iantomossi and see what he offers for the 800 ho Polaris.
He does build triples, that's their specialty. And service on sleds. I have talked to them.

Terra Alps Racing offers for the Polaris 800 cfi and 800 HO
-billet heads
-porting
-piston kits
-big bores
-stroker cranks
-single pipes
-thermostat kits
-clutching
-tunnel kits

No other company offers all this.

eightpilin maybe you could call iantomossi and see what he offers for the 800 ho Polaris.
He does build triples, that's their specialty. And service on sleds. I have talked to them.

Terra Alps Racing offers for the Polaris 800 cfi and 800 HO
-billet heads
-porting
-piston kits
-big bores
-stroker cranks
-single pipes
-thermostat kits
-clutching
-tunnel kits

No other company offers all this.

Jerry and flavio don't keep up on the new Polaris 800 twins. I talked to Jerry in spring time about mods and dyno.
He said they haven't done any testing on the polaris 800's in awhile. Haven't even dyno'd a cfi2 let alone the new 800 ho. They do cats and doo's mostly.
I used to race with Jerry and flavio on the cosdra circuit.
But they are great engine builders.

That's why I called you Ted. Your up on the new Polaris stuff.

Back
Top Bottom