• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Dollar / HP with pipes

It the 11HP from the Terra Alps in the non-ethanol mode? I'm assuming so. If so then it should pull around 6 in the ethanol mode.

The terra alps is always in non ethanol mod. Most tests are.

Just a screw up with hood and gauge not plugged in at dtr on first axys test. When gauge isnt plugged in while on dyno, the sled goes into ethanol mode automatically. This was found out after some tests. IIt was an honest mistake (drnotadoo) :D:Banghead, lol .The 2015 800 axys loses about 3% hp in ethanol mode vs non ethanol mode

I listed the hp and what modes they were in ,in previous posts.

I have the SLP pipe and can, and I just like SLP and always had great luck with there stuff. I payed more for it, and it is easier to keep clean and looking nice. But who really looks, (me) lol... I have never had mine dynoed. But I can tell that through the testing that I have done the modded pipe will make more HP in non eth mode. But the biggest thing that I have learned is the best thing to do first is get your clutching perfect!! Now I suck at clutching. So I listen to what guys are saying and apply it to my sled. The pipe and can is just an extra little bonus. 160 ish HP with a perfect set of gears and clutch work will make the world of difference! I have the SLP stage 2 clutch kit as well and have done some work. Still up in the air with a total clutch change...
Couple of questions.
How much louder are the SLP pipes over stock?
And how many miles have you put on your sled with the SLP pipes.
I love HP but don't like giving up reliability I ride about 4000 miles a year and this is my first polaris in 25 years.

I had an SLP pipe and can that I dynoed and ran one wkend. That pipe will work with the stock canister with no power loss. It's a lot quieter then there can. It passes the db test but it was to noisy for me. Some tab adjustment will be necessary with the pipe and stock canister combo

Short answer.....yes. We will see how it stacks up when/if DTR does an independent test.
No when or if Dynotech does an independent test. Brock and dr.notadoo will be doing some testing this November or December. Why would you doubt Ted's gains? His engines and pipes are used in some of the winning Polaris RMSHA sleds. Time will tell.

It's not about what Ted s dyno says or Anyone else. The test mule that he has actually started out at 122 hp. Had a loose flywheel that rattled around. After that he was in the 130s. And wasent happy so did a compression test and found a weak cyl. New top end was installed, so that had to be broke in. Plus that sled only had 180 some miles and 13 hrs on the clock. So after all that its over 140 hp. So his pipe was built by him and tested and made over 150 on the same dyno, and same sled right in the middle of summer.

Short answer.....yes. We will see how it stacks up when/if DTR does an independent test.
I always doubt anything over 8 hp on a single pipe. But this 800 ho pipe has left a lot on the table. Stock pipe is made for low end grunt and mid range power. Not made for top end . So that being said, . After market can do a lot with a better design. Add a fuel controller and 4 hp more.

I have seen the dyno charts on terra alps pipe along with drnotadoo.
Me and drnotadoo are gonna test anyone's pipe. I asked terra alps and bikeman. They both agreed.

So will see what happens.

I had an SLP pipe and can that I dynoed and ran one wkend. That pipe will work with the stock canister with no power loss. It's a lot quieter then there can. It passes the db test but it was to noisy for me. Some tab adjustment will be necessary with the pipe and stock canister combo
So have you kept the pipe on or did you go back to stock?

Well Brock you did not state that the pipe continued to make hp above where you cut it off. How are we to know?

just too add more fuel too the fire BMP is saying plus 12 ....

Haven't seen a sheet with just the pipe , they have a graph floating around with a bunch of shit done too sled , website says plus 12 with just the pipe , like another member said I'll believe it when it hits DTR.

Haven't seen a sheet with just the pipe , they have a graph floating around with a bunch of shit done too sled , website says plus 12 with just the pipe , like another member said I'll believe it when it hits DTR.
I'm pretty well waiting for DTR dyno numbers myself.

I think I seen somewhere that Straightline is also making a pipe?

Back
Top Bottom