• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

DYNOTYME II !!!!!

At any time since bikeman made the first axys pipe did it ever get altered or and change in the design? Or has it been the same since the first pipes that came out.

At any time since bikeman made the first axys pipe did it ever get altered or and change in the design? Or has it been the same since the first pipes that came out.

No, our AXYS pipe has remained the same since inception. There's a reason why it took us awhile to release it to the public and that's because we wanted it to be right the first time around.

Thanks neal. I see there's a y pipe also. I have purchased the pipe last season and thinking of the y pipe. I have the power commander with the map from dtr for 2016 and wondering if I install the y pipe if it will need a different map.

ok,so

we found the 2017 800 ho a bit different then the 15 or the 16
afr was better up top and cfm was great too
but, we seen the timing retarded up near peak rpm and more then years past by a couple of degrees. this was shown on digital wrench.
so?? did polaris put this in the ecu for break in?? we don't know??

the test sled was broke in on dyno and was strong

now, pipes

just bolting on and nothing else

bmp 5 hp

straightline 0 hp

ssi titanium(pipe mod) 7 hp

terra alps pipe 4.5 hp

jaws 2 hp

now these pipes were held for long periods and the jaws never lost anything anywhere no matter hot or cold and rev"d to 8500 and the terra alps fared well too.

bmp with a pcv(timing) 9.5 hp

jaws with a pcv(timing) 9 hp, and held this at 145+ degree engine and 1100f pipe and did the same cold at 90 engine and 900f pipe

ssi with a pcv(timing) 9.5 hp
So ssi pipe mod would be the same weather its just a stock mod / stainless/ titanium? Same hp gain?

I was the first one to get the axys pipe from bikeman and just put another one on my other sled. they definitely didnt change anything in shape. got the bullydogs on both sleds this year with the y pipes. cant wait to rip!!!

So ssi pipe mod would be the same weather its just a stock mod / stainless/ titanium? Same hp gain?
I did measure the stinger inside only, it's the same as pipe mod as far as I know and seen

Thanks neal. I see there's a y pipe also. I have purchased the pipe last season and thinking of the y pipe. I have the power commander with the map from dtr for 2016 and wondering if I install the y pipe if it will need a different map.

I'll have to check my Bully Dog mapping just to be sure but pretty sure adding 2-3% fuel from 80-100% throttle from 7750-8750 RPM was enough to compensate for the y-pipe.

I'm getting a 17 on dyno with break in mode taken out thanks to a good friend Div20

Buy your pcv from Jim or program from Jim please(pipe temp needs to be optimal though)

Or buy a bully dog from Joey at bmp

Both these guys know whats going on
PIGGYBACKING BULLYDOG WITH PCV MAYBE THE WAY TO GO.

BROCK DOESN'T THIS REMIND YOU OF MY 2016 SWITCHBACK TESTING AND TUNING ?
...... BMP DURABILITY KIT / BMP PIPE/ OR JAWS PIPE PIGGYBACKING PCV WITH BULLYDOG .
LAST YEAR BOTH PIPES GREAT HP GAINS! AND WORKED WELL WITH LONG PULLS BOTH ON THE DYNO AND IN THE FIELD WOT!

I'll have to check my Bully Dog mapping just to be sure but pretty sure adding 2-3% fuel from 80-100% throttle from 7750-8750 RPM was enough to compensate for the y-pipe.
So is the extra mainly for 16 and up since the 15 had more fuel up top?

PIGGYBACKING BULLYDOG WITH PCV MAYBE THE WAY TO GO.

BROCK DOESN'T THIS REMIND YOU OF MY 2016 SWITCHBACK TESTING AND TUNING ?
...... BMP DURABILITY KIT / BMP PIPE/ OR JAWS PIPE PIGGYBACKING PCV WITH BULLYDOG .
LAST YEAR BOTH PIPES GREAT HP GAINS! AND WORKED WELL WITH LONG PULLS BOTH ON THE DYNO AND IN THE FIELD WOT!
Now you gone and done it, lol
You mentioned pcv, piggyback, bd and my name in the same sentence Rofl

Feedback coming soon :Hide

On a side note

The spi pipe set did make 7 hp on a 2016, just nothing on the 2017 we toke there that's still in break in mode . And we think a couple things come into play here . I didn't even wanna post zero gains as I have respect for every company out there . I'm sure it should be close to the 16 model that is broken in that was at dtr a month earlier

It will be great to test a 17 with break in mode taken out.

Soon soon Sled2

Brock, Was there any comments from Greg on the Jaws pipe making the same 2hp gain on your 2017 and from the test a month ago on a 2016 , from the same Dyno. It was a question of something wrong with the pipe being returned to Greg for inspection. Now we have 2 test, 2 sleds , and same 2hp gain. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks for your hard work .

So is the extra mainly for 16 and up since the 15 had more fuel up top?

No, the '15 also needs more fuel for the y-pipe since we're talking about going off of a base map tuned for a pipe. Comparing PCV maps, yes the '16 will have more fuel added than a '15. Add the 2-3% (I would do 3% to be on the safe side) to your base map that you have for the pipe setup.

Brock, Was there any comments from Greg on the Jaws pipe making the same 2hp gain on your 2017 and from the test a month ago on a 2016 , from the same Dyno. It was a question of something wrong with the pipe being returned to Greg for inspection. Now we have 2 test, 2 sleds , and same 2hp gain. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks for your hard work .

Remember, jaws did get 7-9 hp once the desired was the same as actual timing (with a pcv). We're gonna find out if the ecu has timing backed off in break in mode only next week or so

No flaws in pipe that we know of if that's what your asking

Not asking about flaws in the pipe, only asking for those buying a Jaws pipe and running the sled without a tuner , as was the norm until recent testing shows you do need a tuner to get the advertised hp gains.

Get the pipe hot and you should be fine.

Ecu mapping can always be made better .

Joeys bd from bmp with just everything cleaned up is a great addition

Also, jaws is making heat shields for the axys pipe soon

Get the pipe hot and you should be fine.

Ecu mapping can always be made better .

Joeys bd from bmp with just everything cleaned up is a great addition

Also, jaws is making heat shields for the axys pipe soon
Great job guys!! I like supporting jaws good Canadian company just a few hours away

Remember, jaws did get 7-9 hp once the desired was the same as actual timing (with a pcv). We're gonna find out if the ecu has timing backed off in break in mode only next week or so

No flaws in pipe that we know of if that's what your asking

Timing must have been retarded either due to break-in mode (which if I'm remembering correctly only adds extra fuel and oil) or some other correction factor such as exhaust temps too low (timing is retarded until the pipe reaches 1200 F) and in ethanol mode timing is reduced as well. This is among the many reasons why we just won't use a PCV anymore when tuning a Polaris. You simply will never have a fully dialed in tune given all the different maps the ECU is using at any given moment.

Back
Top Bottom