• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

More polaris tips coming

I started the sled this past Saturday and it has 2028 miles on it. Original belt....Over the course of this winter I checked deflection a bunch of times, but only adjusted it once. Adjusted the chaincase tension once....adjusted the track a couple times. Had to tighten up the battery cables once and then checked them after every ride. Never had to touch a spark plug. Between my dad & i letting other people ride our Axys 800HO switchbacks(Pro-X and Pro-S ).......they really made people think. Awesome first year- very impressed, and this being my first POLARIS.

I'm new to this site and I've been reading posts of problems with the 15 axys 800. I snowchecked a 16 pro s limited. I'm kinda getting nervous with what I'm seeing with the performance of the sled and issues you have ran into with the pipes and tps. I don't want to have any problems and be disappointed with this new sled. I'm a died hard Polaris guy and don't want others to see me have a bad sled. Its very competitive up here! We got old railroad beds that got turned into snowmobile trails so we can hold it at wot for miles. It just kills me to see a doo or cat go by! I've been running a 14 assault 800 with rk tek drop in kit and tied team clutch and its been a rocket but a bit long for the turns and makes it hard to maneuver to try to stay with the short tracks. So that's the biggest reason why I want the pros. So the big question is... should I get the pro s or do for something else

I'm new to this site and I've been reading posts of problems with the 15 axys 800. I snowchecked a 16 pro s limited. I'm kinda getting nervous with what I'm seeing with the performance of the sled and issues you have ran into with the pipes and tps. I don't want to have any problems and be disappointed with this new sled. I'm a died hard Polaris guy and don't want others to see me have a bad sled. Its very competitive up here! We got old railroad beds that got turned into snowmobile trails so we can hold it at wot for miles. It just kills me to see a doo or cat go by! I've been running a 14 assault 800 with rk tek drop in kit and tied team clutch and its been a rocket but a bit long for the turns and makes it hard to maneuver to try to stay with the short tracks. So that's the biggest reason why I want the pros. So the big question is... should I get the pro s or do for something else
A few had some issues that's it. Cat,doo and Yamaha have their issues too.
Pick your poison.

This site is for factual information as for people to see what's going on. And it's going to stay that way.

Enjoy your new sled. :D

I see in another thread about the deformed pipes connections and poor welds. Did Polaris come good for that? Especially if it effects the sleds performance.

I see in another thread about the deformed pipes connections and poor welds. Did Polaris come good for that? Especially if it effects the sleds performance.
Yes, 100% no problem for replacement.

Don't expect to read much glowing praise, even if it is deserved, for any other brand of sled here.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if Polaris addressed any of the 15 model problems for the 16 models?

Does anybody know if Polaris addressed any of the 15 model problems for the 16 models?
Yes, a bunch of new stuff. I posted it on here somewhere.
Belts are bad too. Getting fixed.
Inconsistent compound.

Just run a gate's belt.

Sorry Brock but I don't see the new stuff you mentioned. I seen the belt part of things and WOW! Not many people look at that. I sure don't or didn't now. Normally you buy a new belt for near 200 dollars it should be good. Thanks for all things info man now I will be able to see things better for the best performance.

Sorry Brock but I don't see the new stuff you mentioned. I seen the belt part of things and WOW! Not many people look at that. I sure don't or didn't now. Normally you buy a new belt for near 200 dollars it should be good. Thanks for all things info man now I will be able to see things better for the best performance.
I'm trying to help. Information I collected is based on findings from experience,testing,dyno testing,etc..
All things will have a few problems,as long as there is information out there to correct it. Then we all win.

THATS WHERE I WAS GOING ED,LOL STOCK CLUTCHING IS OK AND IS BETTER ON THE PRO-X ONLY BECAUSE THE GEAR IS WAY BETTER THEN AN S. AND THERE IS STILL A TON OF IMPROVEMENT IN THE CLUTCHES WITH A GOOD GEAR RATIO.IMO

I started the sled this past Saturday and it has 2028 miles on it. Original belt....Over the course of this winter I checked deflection a bunch of times, but only adjusted it once. Adjusted the chaincase tension once....adjusted the track a couple times. Had to tighten up the battery cables once and then checked them after every ride. Never had to touch a spark plug. Between my dad & i letting other people ride our Axys 800HO switchbacks(Pro-X and Pro-S ).......they really made people think. Awesome first year- very impressed, and this being my first POLARIS.
IF YOU HAVE OVER 2K MILES ON THAT BELT TAKE IT OFF AND USE IT AS A SPARE, ITS TO THIN AND STREATCHED OUT...IMO

There is an inconsistency in belts. The belt with miles on it may look good on the outside but after a few miles on it will get hot and the dreaded fade that some like to use that term on another site will appear. After a few miles it will heat up and not work well as the inside of the belt is falling apart which is what I was told by some Polaris guy, who shall remain nameless, at Haydays. Of the sleds that Polaris checked out for the "fade" problem in Maine last spring only one didn't respond to the new belt change. If some of you have read your owner's manual it says somewhere in it that when it gets warm and the snow is sticky and not fast, or something along that line, to go to lighter weights. This so called "fade" issue is greatly blown out of proportion.

received_10207808169504744.jpeg
received_10207808169544745.jpeg
received_10207808169344740.jpeg
received_10207808169384741.jpeg

There you go people .:cool:

Thanks jet :D

Rail slider wear and efficiency....seems that the rear 4-6 inches wear quickly at first then wear slower. Just wondering how inefficient this is. I am considering Vespel sliders when I feel they need replacing. At 1850 miles they look fine for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom