• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

More polaris tips coming

It bothers me these things only have 3 wheels on the rear axle with one on the middle. And only one limiter strap come on for what these cost they can't put another strap? Also I have the LE supposed to have dual speed compression shocks guess what front track doesn't and that's the one that needs it.

I look at it a different way.

If your willing to take a chance at a newer improved chassis and motor. That's taking a roll of the dice and that the individuals decision.
I understand your thinking, No way would i agree with that.

It bothers me these things only have 3 wheels on the rear axle with one on the middle. And only one limiter strap come on for what these cost they can't put another strap? Also I have the LE supposed to have dual speed compression shocks guess what front track doesn't and that's the one that needs it.
Guess we have to thank the bean counters for that...sadly.

Polaris has been doing that for over 35 years

Has anyone put a skid plate on the bulk head on these is completely exposed. I really needs some snow I been sitting in the garage looking at this thing and thinking to much lol

What happened to these tips that were coming?

Info from a dealer.... 2016 TPS Idle voltage spec is different

BASE voltage is the Digital Wrench TPS voltage reading when the idle screw has been backed off, to allow the throttle plates to fully close.
IDLE voltage is the DW TPS voltage reading when the idle screw is in the correct position to hold the throttle plates partially open.
.... The IDLE voltage target specification is

. . . . . . for an AXYS 600 : 0.937 volts +- 0.01 vdc

.for a MY15 AXYS 800 HO: 0.913 volts +- 0.01 vdc

for MY16up AXYS 800 HO: 0.940 volts +- 0.01 vdc

It appears that some MY15 throttle bodies had the idle screw set improperly (mostly low) when they were flow tested, and then the TPS was set during production. It is also possible that with a little bit of vibration and running, the throttle plates closed up a little. (This would lower the idle speed, and the TPS idle voltage.) Polaris, may also have changed their spec. on what the target flow at idle actually should be.

It would be fair to say that the MY16 throttle bodies, will have more throttle opening at the idle stop, than the MY15s did. That alone would change the TPS voltage reading.

---
Polaris does not publish the target base voltage spec. probably because they do not want people trying to do it without Digital Wrench. When doing the base setting thru Digital Wrench, the screen shows what the desired base voltage is.
Someone with a MY16 doing a base setting procedure thru Digital Wrench, would see it on the screen.

Good post Cory.

The problem with the 2015 axys 800 was the throttle plates and the tps had to wide a range. I complained about this to polaris in February seeing different sleds on dyno while on digital wrench. This happened back in the Dragon year's with the range to wide. So they told us to set base voltage at .700 and what ever it is on top, leave it..

Well I told them anything over 4.38 @wot was bad. Every sled that worked good was way under 4.38@ wot.
My was to wide of parameters. I had to adjust throttle plates, synchroniz, set base idle around .700 vdc to get it to 4.34 @wot.
Mine was 4.39@wot. This adds fuel up top and does something to the ecu as it's sending a signal back it's to high a voltage. I got it to .703 @ base, 4.34@wot and set idle at .917.
It works better

The 2016 are a narrower range and higher voltage at idle.
The one we seen on dyno was .937@idle and 4.128@wot. Seems better. The parameters are narrower.

Good info. Hopefully this reduces the chance of intermittent loss of performance on the '16's.
If this is applied to the 2015's, along with updated clutching and belt, will this fix the few that had power loss?

They didn't change tps part #.
They did change throttle body#,stator and t map.
This does say something.

Couple questions, what did you adjust on the throttle plates that you needed to re-sync them? And would you say that the wot spec might be the critical one for performance?
If the 16 models use the same tps and it's mounted to the shaft the same with a 4.1xx wot then the base has to be less.
I had to adjust my throttle body plates to get my tps base voltage down. I was reading 4.39 volts @wot. My range was 3.637, so my base voltage was .753.
Just adjusting tps wouldn't do it.
I wanted to get base down near .700.
I got it set too .703 volts at base. By adjusting throttle body plates and synchronized them after. Then I set the idle at .917 and idled better and ran better with a better smooth sweep.

The throttle bodies have a different part #.
I would like to test doo2poo's base setting as we seen 4.128 volts @wot on dw on dyno.
.937 volts at idle helps idle smooth at 1700 rpm.
My guess is throttle body plates are a little different in setting.

Screenshot_2015-12-29-09-14-30_1.jpg

How do you check TPS with a PCV. Hook up to a laptop for the readout? I traded my IQ8 off in 12, and have not looked at my Roadglide's since I put it on in 2010. I've really forgot. I know I used my laptop to change the stored maps.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom