• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

my findings w/ dw and dyno

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
I was informed my findings on everything axys 800 from digital wrench and dyno results have been a huge asset.
I couldn't have done this without Jim at dynotech and the digital wrench. More axys 800's that were dyno'd the better information we collected.
When I found exhaust seals leaking,bad formation of female outlet, pipe hitting chassis. No heat in pipe. Sensor reads pipe heat, so raw fuel going through is bad and way down on power. Seal,get pipe fixed/replaced. The exhaust temp needs to be 1050f on dw for any axys to make power.
Tps, base,idle, wot.
0.695-0.710@base(preferably .700
0.903-0.923@ idle (preferably .917)
4.28-4.33@ wot.

Exhaust valve travel is very important and needs to be in spec period!!

Clutching is huge and effects 90% of the sleds out there.

Track tension,chain tension.

Throttle free play

Bad compound belts.

To light of primary weights is pure heat in primary

S version 1.61 gear ratio is bad, needs 1.74 ratio so it will pull rpm consistently.

There's way more information, just look at my threads and dates I started them

I'm glad I could help everyone and even if it gets posted on another site.Rockon

Awesome info Brock! Happy to see you got it figured out! As I cleaned mine up I didn't notice any leaks throughout my exhaust with the SLP pipe and can. But, am curious to see what mine would read on all your tests??

99% figured out. That 1% is getting me to go back to dtr with the problem axys to try more things one more time.

Lol... Right on. Good luck!! What's the 1%? Or get it fixed and let us know how it went...
I'll let you know Rockon

I also want to say. Everything I posted in all these threads,may or may not help everyone.It definitely won't hurt to try .:cool:

I'll let you know Rockon

I also want to say. Everything I posted in all these threads,may or may not help everyone.It definitely won't hurt to try .:cool:

Right on, and it is helpful! I looked at my exhaust after you said something. So you helped me! So thanks! Sometimes stuff might not apply to all, but still is worth mentioning, because I'm sure it will help someone!

Right on, and it is helpful! I looked at my exhaust after you said something. So you helped me! So thanks! Sometimes stuff might not apply to all, but still is worth mentioning, because I'm sure it will help someone!
Yes.

With everything I mentioned in every thread it has helped some. Toke a lot of time and money to figure things out, but to me it's worth it. I live for testing and tuning to get the most out of every sled. It's my passion. Good times were had at DTR and my dealers having a few laughs and learning something new everyday on these axys 800's.I do have more information written down. Just need to organize.

To make a problem sled work, you need to invest time and go through thoroughly. You can't just say you tried it, and it didn't work. That kinda attitude don't sit well with me. Simple things always get overlooked sometimes.

Yes.

With everything I mentioned in every thread it has helped some. Toke a lot of time and money to figure things out, but to me it's worth it. I live for testing and tuning to get the most out of every sled. It's my passion. Good times were had at DTR and my dealers having a few laughs and learning something new everyday on these axys 800's.I do have more information written down. Just need to organize.

To make a problem sled work, you need to invest time and go through thoroughly. You can't just say you tried it, and it didn't work. That kinda attitude don't sit well with me. Simple things always get overlooked sometimes.
All of the info that Brock has mentioned has made me go out to my sled and check out. There's a few things that I saw that he posted. Nothing critical thankfully.

I am hoping that these issues are resolved for MY 16 because I have one on order but I have my doubts. Either way big props to Brock and DTR. I am a member of that site and there is a LOT of info. Def worth the small amount to subscribe!!

I am hoping that these issues are resolved for MY 16 because I have one on order but I have my doubts. Either way big props to Brock and DTR. I am a member of that site and there is a LOT of info. Def worth the small amount to subscribe!!
You have to remember, these issues are so few. And 90% of the guys claiming they have an issue don't really know the cause. They IMMEDIATELY jump on the internet band wagon.Banghead
Align their clutches, track and chain tension with a new belt and it's fine. INTERNET chatter makes it seem like there's a lot when there isn't. Heck, all the keyboard wizards are running on speculation and assuming anyway.

You'll be fine, don't start doubting cause of internet chatter.

You have to remember, these issues are so few. And 90% of the guys claiming they have an issue don't really know the cause. They IMMEDIATELY jump on the internet band wagon.Banghead
Align their clutches, track and chain tension with a new belt and it's fine. INTERNET chatter makes it seem like there's a lot when there isn't. Heck, all the keyboard wizards are running on speculation and assuming anyway.

You'll be fine, don't start doubting cause of internet chatter.

I too, have been preaching this!
This is why many that said they had the fade, have been fixed with a new belt, or new springs, or setting belt deflection, ect., ect.

Trust me guys I am not worrying. Had a 15 pro s and besides the belt smearing at first it was amazing. I just found this site. Used to go to HCS every day but this site seems to have the allstars with the knowledge rather than all the bs like on hcs. I see a lot of familar names that always have good info!! Looking forward to this!! Hopefully it will stay this way and not turn to crap like hcs can get....

I too, have been preaching this!
This is why many that said they had the fade, have been fixed with a new belt, or new springs, or setting belt deflection, ect., ect.

X 1 million.Div20

Trust me guys I am not worrying. Had a 15 pro s and besides the belt smearing at first it was amazing. I just found this site. Used to go to HCS every day but this site seems to have the allstars with the knowledge rather than all the bs like on hcs. I see a lot of familar names that always have good info!! Looking forward to this!! Hopefully it will stay this way and not turn to crap like hcs can get....

Trust me, were not going to let this site go downhill. Going to keep an open mind were no-one is better then the next person.:D

I think your timing on getting this site on line and running is perfect.
By the time snow flies, all the kinks will be worked out and PSP will be a Polaris wealth of information.
Admins, Staff, and Mods, Keep up the good work!!Rockon

Last edited:
Keep in mind that some of these "all stars" were on the other sight last winter claiming they had the fix for the real fade, turned out they didn't. It was quite the pissing match. Now they're over here starting over because they ruined there reputation over there, not because they were wrong, but because of their attitude. Open discussion and debate is crucial in solving problems, but when people are so narrow minded that when you tell them it didn't work, which you said it wouldn't from the beginning, but you tried it anyway, AGAIN, and then they attack you, it's quite comical to see them over hear saying they are open minded. Sharing info is great and Thank you to Brock for doing that. I just found this sight 2 days ago and I am reading and studying everything since it's inception. BTW, during that whole pissing match last winter, we figured out that many that thought they had fade did not have what I and others had. I was the first one on HCS to bring up the fade issue the first or second week of January, then Lid commented and had been experiencing similar things since before I had. It then snowballed as things on the internet tend to do. So I was first to use the word Fade to describe my problem, some don't like the word fade, but why are we tripping over the use of a word instead of trying to find a solution?? A simple belt, clutch cleaning or spring change seemed to work for most people claiming the fade. Some didn't even have fade, they just had low RPM, like what Brocks sled had. I am just glad to see Brock mention that there are some sleds out there that the fade has nothing to do with the CVT system. Again, this is all stuff we learned from HCS last year and I'm glad to see the info getting shared over here because that means PSP doesn't have to go through the learning curve/dissection of the fade issue that HCS already did. That would just put PSP a year behind.
Keep in mind PSP would be a year behind because the site started sometime this spring after the season ended.

There's a lot of stuff to look at, but where do you start? A good dealer, thank God my dealer is one of those, can find the problem as it's still under warranty. :)

Keep in mind that some of these "all stars" were on the other sight last winter claiming they had the fix for the real fade, turned out they didn't. It was quite the pissing match. Now they're over here starting over because they ruined there reputation over there, not because they were wrong, but because of their attitude. Open discussion and debate is crucial in solving problems, but when people are so narrow minded that when you tell them it didn't work, which you said it wouldn't from the beginning, but you tried it anyway, AGAIN, and then they attack you, it's quite comical to see them over hear saying they are open minded. Sharing info is great and Thank you to Brock for doing that. I just found this sight 2 days ago and I am reading and studying everything since it's inception. BTW, during that whole pissing match last winter, we figured out that many that thought they had fade did not have what I and others had. I was the first one on HCS to bring up the fade issue the first or second week of January, then Lid commented and had been experiencing similar things since before I had. It then snowballed as things on the internet tend to do. So I was first to use the word Fade to describe my problem, some don't like the word fade, but why are we tripping over the use of a word instead of trying to find a solution?? A simple belt, clutch cleaning or spring change seemed to work for most people claiming the fade. Some didn't even have fade, they just had low RPM, like what Brocks sled had. I am just glad to see Brock mention that there are some sleds out there that the fade has nothing to do with the CVT system. Again, this is all stuff we learned from HCS last year and I'm glad to see the info getting shared over here because that means PSP doesn't have to go through the learning curve/dissection of the fade issue that HCS already did. That would just put PSP a year behind.

In red:
who are these all stars you speak of?? I don't think anyone can ruin their reputation on that other site(are you kidding me?)And now you think they joined on here cause of their attitude over there?
Your very outspoken and speak for others I see. Lets keep this real my friend.Maybe people joined because there sick of the bs from another site?? Did you ever think of that. You have your opinion,that's fine, that doesn't make it right.
in black:
so you know exactly what my sled had??And others I've tested on the dyno??? I was the first to say there is no fade" it's loss of rpm"
that's my term for the so called internet chatter.

I've dealt with a lot of guys thinking they had the fade(loss of rpm ).This is all because of the other site you speak of.(internet chatter). I correct them and say loss of rpm. Over 90% is in the cvt system. I've tested and so have other dealers and fixed the problem. The problem is, belt to sheave clearance ,poor primary tolerances from factory(espeacially spider tower clearance), to light of weights,poor clutch alignment,clutch sheave faces slippery,chain to tight, to light of an engagement spring,and the big one that I said to polaris race department in december is the different compounds in belts(very inconsistent). The belts are bad and polaris knows this.(will they offer a discount?? i don't know).
This will cause you to lose rpm over the time of your ride from different compounds. One belt can read 150 degrees f and another 120 f. This was tested with inferred thermometers. Correct what I mentioned above and they put smiles on many faces.

Internet chatter is a sick disease that spreads and guys read that bs and immediately think when they have a slight problem it's the disease on the internet. Most is bs and hearsay.

This site is staying informative and informative only. No shitshow here.

I'm glad you joined,good to see new members. Just don't be the hero with the attitude from another site as you mentioned and all will be fine.:)

Back
Top Bottom