• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

my findings w/ dw and dyno

Brock doesn't have a tune for the SLP pipe thus only SLP can answer that for you.

Like I already said SLP doesn't have a tune man. obviously they are not going to recommend someone else's. SLP isn't the only one that can make a PCV tune for there pipe. I am still learning about all of this but I think a tune for one pipe should be pretty dang close to another. especially him saying 8400 is peak for the terra alps pipe mod which is what the slp pipe is supposed to be

Like I already said SLP doesn't have a tune man. obviously they are not going to recommend someone else's. Just wondering if anyone has made one for slp pipe? Im new to all of this. I think if a tune works for one pipe it should be pretty dang close to another. especially him saying 8400 is peak for the terra alps pipe mod which is what the slp pipe is supposed to be
On the bold. That's why I said that only SLP would know. Second bold. Different tunes for different pipes. Some make more horsepower than others. Hence different tunes.

There will be maps available.
But are they for your specific pipe???
I don't know can't answer that.
Slp pipe makes different power then others, so.

If your near a dyno get a pcv to try .

We're not try slp no more. We tried it with just resistor, not a pcv. Sorry my friend.

ok thanks. How would one go about making there own tune. I downloaded the PCV software to check it out. How do you make maps? Do you use autotune? If I want one i will have to buy autotune and make my own at this point. I am a electronics nerd so this stuff seems very interesting to me.

SLP doesn't seem to be that into making maps. Then there is bikeman which is selling the complete ECU reflash bullydog and thats for stock axys lol

My question is why would you not try slp more.? Seems like alot of ppl run their stuff so why not see if you can make a tune for the pipe to see if you can gain power.
Other places offer pipes but trying to buy one is like trying to buy plutonium. Only slp offers a pipe to buy right now. Everyone else doesn't have a pipe yet forsale so that's why most ppl are getting the slp pipes. If you only dyno 1 product you guys seem kinda a bias to a aftermarket company when we all were supposed to be open minded on builds and parts. So why not take the time and dyno every part that ppl use in this group to see where it makes and doesn't make. Maybe ppl don't want top end power cuz they are never in the top end. Most of my riding is corner to corner so I would like more mid Gruntil to pull me thru. Just kinda sad to see you guys give up so easily on slp when really you only dyno ed the pipe in ethonal mode and never put it back on. Make a tune a timing for it. Compare everything to make stuff better.

Once my sled comes in and I get it broken in , I am off to see Jim at DTR fore sure not far for me only 120 km away for me.
I think dyno is the way to go . Once you have that info it saves you lots of guess work!
Seriously looking at the Terra Alps pipe and the Bikeman. They both are claiming about the same power increase with or without the controller with an extra 4 Hp with. The finish on the Bike man pipe looks great.
Has anyone tried the Terra Alps Cylinder head it looks amazing and claims more HP also!

I'm just betting 90% of the ppl on here aren't gonna have access to a dyno to tune trier own individual sled.

Once you start changing pipes and adding fuel controllers I would think it a must.
This way you don't leave any power on the table after investing so much coin a few extra bucks on the dyno goes a long way.

Ya but if there is no dyno to tune within 500 miles of you, you cant. I wouldn't even know where to go to tune my sled near me. So it would be nice if while they are at dyno tech and have all the mods there why can't they make me a tune if I'm running the same parts.

Once you start changing pipes and adding fuel controllers I would think it a must.
This way you don't leave any power on the table after investing so much coin a few extra bucks on the dyno goes a long way.

Someone give me an slp pipe to try them. I'm not buying one to try. You send it to dtr and I'll try it.

We already tried it Tom. That's why we wanna try others. Jeez, I'm not biased. Don't start drama on here please.

I'm not trying to start drama but you tested the slp pipes on ethonal mode with the resistor. That's not really a full run like you have been doing with other pipes. We all would like to see if you gain anything from a slp with a map. We were all wondering if you could create a map instead of using Thier resistor make actual tune for it with a pcv.

Brock which pipes do you have so far?
I have 2 different pipe mods and one pipe.

I need a bikeman, jaws etc. I asked months ago. We'll see if they send to dtr.

Any guys want an slp tested at dtr, send one there , we'll test it.

And as for testing slp. It was tested in non ethanol mod. It made 3.8 hp.

Back
Top Bottom