• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

PCV Problems

I just installed my 030 on the axys and it works fine,I did have to input the map manually though as it wouldn't accept the map that Dr notadoo and the guys did at dtr,I just copied it and installed it,the one issue guys might be having on the install is the coils are on opposite sides,in other words the mag coil is on the PTO side and mag is PTO side so just pay close attention
Good advice as I hooked mine up wrong and it would not run and then realized after following the spark plug wires that I hooked it up wrong. Like you said the MAG COIL IS ON THE PTO SIDE AND THE PTO COIL IS ON THE MAG SIDE. Easy one to miss.

I wonder if you connect everything up but the coils and if it will work?

Plugged just ecu in and not coils and it runs. What could be wrong with two different units that it won't run with coils plugged in.

Plugged just ecu in and not coils and it runs. What could be wrong with two different units that it won't run with coils plugged in.
I doubt theirs anything wrong,double check your plugging them in correct,I screwed up when I put mine on and sled wouldn't run,got them on right and runs great

Just got in from wasting a bunch of time with my pcv. Exactly the same situation as yours, runs without coils plugged in. Plug them in and no start.
Did you guys pull the plugs and ck for spark?I hooked mine up wrong first time,switched wires around and it still wouldn't start but I had spark,I had to hold the throttle wide open to get it to start the first time and after that it started and runs fine now

I just hooked mine up and it works. I have the ignition control 030 model labeled for the cfi-2 but it works for the axys. There was a guy having problems with the ignition control PCV on cats said they were having problems with some of them? Got a map switch with stock map on 1 to run intill break in and Heath pipe mod map on setting 2. We are getting are first big snow in NW PA right now i went for a rip can't see 5 feet ahead but it rips from what I can tell.
IMG_2528.jpg

I just hooked mine up and it works. I have the ignition control 030 model labeled for the cfi-2 but it works for the axys. There was a guy having problems with the ignition control PCV on cats said they were having problems with some of them? Got a map switch with stock map on 1 to run intill break in and Heath pipe mod map on setting 2. We are getting are first big snow in NW PA right now i went for a rip
View attachment 907
Div20

Would someone who has thiers working check some wire colors on coil connections for me?
My white/green goes to white wire on pto coil
the white/blue goes to white wire on mag coil
on the harness plugs the green and blue wire go to red wire on blue plug, dummy to white
the black wires go to black wire on white plug, dummy to white

Tech support does not have this info so if my plugs are wired correctly, off for repairs
Yep I'll be glad to check for ya

Would someone who has thiers working check some wire colors on coil connections for me?
on the harness plugs the green and blue wire go to red wire on blue plug, dummy to white

Tech support does not have this info so if my plugs are wired correctly, off for repairs
OK just checked mine and you have it wired correct as long as

1452540338149-250739485.jpg
you have it wired correctly as long as you're referring to the PTO coil that's actually mounted on the mag side of airbox,not trying to insult your intelligence just making sure bud

Wire coming from mag side of cdi is actually the PTO wire needs plugged into green strip
wire from pto side of the cdi is actually the mag wire needs plugged into blue strip

the plug with green/blue and dummy plugs into red/white harness wire
the other one (black w/ yellow stripe?) with dummy plugs into other harness wire that has white wire on same side as dummy

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 7.24.53 PM.png

Last edited:
I see where everyone might be making the mistake on coil hookups. When they say the dummy plug to the white wire. That means the empty side up plug needs to be on white wire.

Make sure the side with wire is not connected to the white wire.

I did the exact same thing with the dummy plugs!! I guess they are appropriately named. I had them backwards. After switching so the white wire is in the blank side of the plug WA LA IT LIVES

Well I tryed plugging in my pvc and no luck will not start.. I read this post a few times to make sure the plugs are right.. I even tryed not plugging in the coils.. just the main pvc plug to the ecu. And still no start. I checked the ground it good. Any help would be great.

Back
Top Bottom