• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

PCV Problems

Well I tryed plugging in my pvc and no luck will not start.. I read this post a few times to make sure the plugs are right.. I even tryed not plugging in the coils.. just the main pvc plug to the ecu. And still no start. I checked the ground it good. Any help would be great.
Did you pull your plugs and check for spark?I had spark but mine wouldn't start til I held the throttle wide open, starts now but seems to idle a little funny,and I need to crack the throttle a tiny bit sometimes when its warm,I pulled the pcv off and the ssi head to see if it goes away,never did it before

Did you pull your plugs and check for spark?I had spark but mine wouldn't start til I held the throttle wide open, starts now but seems to idle a little funny,and I need to crack the throttle a tiny bit sometimes when its warm,I pulled the pcv off and the ssi head to see if it goes away,never did it before
Did you by any chance sync the tps on your sled with the PCV?

No wasn't aware it was necessary
If they aren't synced then your map is useless. The fuel delivery could be lean in the spot where it's supposed to be spot on or even too rich. Same as timing. Could be too advanced or too retarded. It says right in the second sheet of instructions. You did get two different sheets of instructions?

If they aren't synced then your map is useless. The fuel delivery could be lean in the spot where it's supposed to be spot on or even too rich. Same as timing. Could be too advanced or too retarded. It says right in the second sheet of instructions. You did get two different sheets of instructions?
I got a model 030 for the cfi 800,it's the same model according to dyno jet,I don't have the installation sheet for the axys,either way I'm not installing it,so I have one for sale if anyone's interested for 375$ plus shipping

Installed my pcv from dtr today. Thing I noticed/question is the engine temp on sled gauge is about 30-35 degree hotter then the laptop reads through the pcv . Any ideas?

I ordered mine from Dyno tech and am looking at the instructions from Jim and no where does it say to sync my PC to my tps?

I ordered mine from Dyno tech and am looking at the instructions from Jim and no where does it say to sync my PC to my tps?

There are two sheets of instructions in the box. Go to the instructions that have Software/map file downloading instructions. It's on the third page. It's for bikes but the same applies for sleds.

should have been 2 sets of instr. 1) install 2) set up. each set is only a couple of pages

I just installed my 030 on the axys and it works fine,I did have to input the map manually though as it wouldn't accept the map that Dr notadoo and the guys did at dtr,I just copied it and installed it,the one issue guys might be having on the install is the coils are on opposite sides,in other words the mag coil is on the PTO side and mag is PTO side so just pay close attention
I found that out also. Mine would run hooked up backwards but would cut out

Well got my new pvc back.. warranty on the other one. Loaded Jims latest map. Trying it out on the weekend.

anyone have any issues syncing the tps with the PCV tps range. My wide open throttle TPS on digital wrench is correct but not what it says on the PCV. Polaris says do not go by what a digital multimeter says the TPS is go by digital wrench because of the analog to digital conversion the ECU does

Did you guys read the instructions in the box??

It says to calibrate your tps on Pcv with sled at operating temp. Make sure it idles 1700 rpm and is 120+ degree's.
Open calibrate throttle position and hit reset.

Did you guys read the instructions in the box??

It says to calibrate your tps on Pcv with sled at operating temp. Make sure it idles 1700 rpm and is 120+ degree's.
Open calibrate throttle position and hit reset.

yes no problem setting idle voltage. but wide open throttle voltage is high compared to what digital wrench gives me

Back
Top Bottom